Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2021, 08:35 PM   #1

Apollo Db 36 I need help

Hi there I recently purchased an apollo db 36 for my girlfriends kid for Christmas from txpowersports it showed up fast but a bit dinged up and missing most of the assembly hardware and thier idea of customer service is ghosting you like a bad date so I'm here hoping to receive some advice. First I'm missing most of the hardware to attach the handlebars and the bottom bolt for the rear shock. The assembly manual has the sizes for the bolts is that just something I can match up at home depot or do they need to be more heavyduty. Also I'm missing the gear shifter so if anyone can point me towards where to find one of those that will fit would be awesome. Finally I do believe the battery was supposed to come with liquid to put in it but I didn't get anything. So my question is is it a acid battery or do I just throw distilled water in there. Thanks in advance for any help and any other tips on this bike would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-08-2021, 11:24 PM   #2

ok to start off you might have to buy a riser kit and handle bars if im understanding you right..amazon has tons of "chinese 250cc" parts

the bolts just make sure you get Grade 5-8 youll be fine and you can always drill it or hone it out to fit the bolt size

amazon is the best place to find a generic shift lever

if the battery doesnt have fluid and you dont have a manual for the proper electrolyte mixture for it i would just buy a battery... or use the kick start

-Zong db36 233cc engine w/ titanium valves, ported exh.
-WizeCo 11:1 piston
-CRF230 Athena big bore cylinder
-Powercore 788 Exhaust
-HF K&N Pod Filter and intake
-1/4 fuel lines and valves w/ plastic tank
-HR handle bars and MX pully controls
-CRF230 SHOWA fork
-Oversized MX brakes & rotors
-17T 46T (3.07 Gear ratio) JT Sprockets with a D.I.D gold MX chain
-Keihin pwk30 30mm carburetor 115main/35pilot

Old 12-09-2021, 04:18 AM   #3

Dang! What a piece of crap business. Unless you bought an "open box" or "as is", you should get your money back. Tell them you are filing a dispute with your credit card company. You should hear back from txpowersports really fast.

Old 12-09-2021, 11:55 AM   #4

Yeah they are a shitty company I did pay through my PayPal so I am filling a refund through them and going the bad Google review route next to try to get a response from them. But like I told the Mrs my main goal is to get this running by Christmas for the kiddo a dirtbike is all he has his heart on can't afford a new honda or Yamaha but I did have enough for a ps5 and I'm enough enough of an early riser to secure one here and there so just been flipping those on ebay for the past few months to afford this thing just when I thought my work was over this happens

Old 12-09-2021, 11:59 AM   #5

Also thanks for the bolt info I was lucky enough to get the riser pads and handlebars just got 1 out of the 4 bolts I need to attach them. I have been looking at shifters on Amazon but have no clue what will fit think I'm just gonna order a few and return the no go's. Anyways thanks for the advice this is the first dirtbike I have ever had so I'm completely lost here lol.

Old 12-09-2021, 12:28 PM   #6

If you have an Ace hardware near you, you'll be in luck. They carry a large assortment of metric bolts in various grades including stainless for a little bling.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 12-09-2021, 05:02 PM   #7

Crying

Thanks for the tip I did hit my local ace and they had all the bolts I needed