Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Sightings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #31

If you can still Locate a XP or XF Qlink - You should still be able to get a deal - According to my last corrispondance with them I was told they have alot out there to be sold yet (2009 XP's and XF's) I can't wait to actually see wht thier price is on these NEW Models instead of hear say. I am alittle actaully more concerned with parts availbility on these new models as well. TBD......Lets cross our fingers and hope Qlink does the right things!
2009 Qlink XF200 Supermoto
1982 Honda CM200 Bobber - SOLD
2003 JEEP Liberty SPORT = 3" Lift
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ - Family Cruiser

Old 04-08-2011, 05:49 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ
I know exactly what you're talking about Spud.
As much as I love the Q and the Hondanoids I've had, which have been very reliable trail bikes, the reason I spent the money was because they were very inexpensive, which justified 'taking the gamble' on a CB, concerning reliablity and parts availability.
If the only option was buying a pair of 4000.00 motorcycles to go trail riding a dozen times a year, it wouldn't have happened.

Once the CB's start pricing themselves 'within the justifiable reach' of a Big 4 unit, I'd rather spend a grand or so more and be able to buy Kawasaki parts right down the street.

Bottom line. They've sold the CB's they've sold to people like us because it's basically a reliable product for super cheap.

I wish them the best but I still wish they had the XP/XF 200 in the lower price end of their line. Harley stayed alive the last few years by selling tons of Sportsters.
You have expressed my sentiments exactly, 2LZ. I could not have said it better, myself.

I am very glad vendors are introducing new Chinese motorcycles, even if they are overpriced. However, I don't understand why these manufacturers/vendors are stopping the importation of the competitively priced Zongshen 200GY-2, and Qingqi 200cc motorcycles. :roll:

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #33

"stopping the importation of the competitively priced Zongshen 200GY-2, and Qingqi 200cc motorcycles." Really" Which one or Both - Not to sound like the Bad guy here or anything, but was that document proof these are no longer going to be avaialble? I hear so many different storys and read so many different things that who knows facts from hear say? Just asking....If so what does that do to us Qlink owners as far as parts? Again hear say or documented from the manufactires and or dealers? Hmmmmm? Maybe t's time to consider a Jap bike and forget this CB Stuff.....Hmmmmm LOL :?:

Old 04-08-2011, 07:53 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCAndrew
...Really" Which one or Both - Not to sound like the Bad guy here or anything, but was that document proof these are no longer going to be avaialble?...
The late, beloved, Brother Phil Hall, and Zongshen America both told me Zongshen will no longer import the Sierra 200GY-2 motorcycle. :( Brother Bill, a.k.a. FastDoc, and several others have reported the Qingqi 200cc bikes will no longer be imported by QLink. :(
Quote:
...Maybe t's time to consider a Jap bike and forget this CB Stuff.....Hmmmmm LOL :?:
You bought a very good motorcycle, with a Suzuki engine, when you purchased your XF200, Andrew. You can always buy Suzuki engine parts, if you wish. I also believe QLink will continue to provide parts support the XF/XP 200 bikes. Therefore, you have nothing to worry about.

The Zongshen engine is an almost exact duplicate of the Yamaha TW200 engine. Also, I believe Zongshen America will continue to provide parts support for the Sierra 200GY-2 motorcycle.

Nevertheless, I cannot understand why both vendors/manufacturers have decided to discontinue importation of these very fine, reasonably priced motorcycles. :roll:

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #35

ok rhanks for shedding some more light to me spud. I am pleased with my "q" thus far. I am hoping for some riding tomorrow afternoon. only day with less then 10 percent percipitation on the radar! Its getting warmer here, but the rain keeps coming!

Old 04-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #36

Quote:
ok rhanks for shedding some more light to me spud. I am pleased with my "q" thus far. I am hoping for some riding tomorrow afternoon. only day with less then 10 percent percipitation on the radar! Its getting warmer here, but the rain keeps coming!
You bought a great bike, at a great price, Andrew. I hope you have a good time riding tomorrow; please post photos.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider

Nevertheless, I cannot understand why both vendors/manufacturers have decided to discontinue importation of these very fine, reasonably priced motorcycles. :roll:
It probably has to do with EPA issues. Whenever someone has posted a certificate, it seems like there is a certain time limit before renewal. I think either the manu. or importer bring in a huge amount of bikes under the cert. and don't bother to renew them, so just sell off what they have.

That is why the Zongs are 2006's, and Qlinks are leftover '09's Qlink was the exclusive importer of the Qingqi 200. It would take another importer or Qingqi itself to bring them in, but if the cert. had expired, I doubt we will see them again

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-09-2011, 12:49 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune

It probably has to do with EPA issues. Whenever someone has posted a certificate, it seems like there is a certain time limit before renewal. I think either the manu. or importer bring in a huge amount of bikes under the cert. and don't bother to renew them, so just sell off what they have.

That is why the Zongs are 2006's, and Qlinks are leftover '09's Qlink was the exclusive importer of the Qingqi 200. It would take another importer or Qingqi itself to bring them in, but if the cert. had expired, I doubt we will see them again
Without a doubt, the most logical answer, thus far!
Let us not forget...in all our happiness with the great bikes that we've gotten for super cheap...it's not the manufacturer that is bringing us these bikes (e.g Yamaha, Kawasaki, et al)....it's an importer working under a limited time basis to jam as many bikes into a container as possible and sell them. Same reason you can find my 'X-Moto GY5" under a zillion different labels.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-09-2011, 06:01 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune

Without a doubt, the most logical answer, thus far!
Let us not forget...in all our happiness with the great bikes that we've gotten for super cheap...it's not the manufacturer that is bringing us these bikes (e.g Yamaha, Kawasaki, et al)....it's an importer working under a limited time basis to jam as many bikes into a container as possible and sell them. Same reason you can find my 'X-Moto GY5" under a zillion different labels.
Just my opinion, but I think it has a lot to do with the engine size. 200 cc just isn't enough for the U.S. We need something that we can drive on the highways of our country (at least for short distance) and the 200s don't have enough. This isn't so much of a concern in other countries as they tend to have restrictions as to engine size for first time riders.

I see quite a bit in other forums new riders asking what they should buy so that they can do some highway riding. Now that Honda has come out with the CBR250 to challange the 250 Ninja, china bikes have to react to that. Didn't Yamaha discontinue the XT225 and has only the XT250? This will probably happen across all of the lines...except for maybe the DR200 and the TW200. But, of course, that will depend on sales.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:31 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3921
Just my opinion, but I think it has a lot to do with the engine size. 200 cc just isn't enough for the U.S. We need something that we can drive on the highways of our country (at least for short distance) and the 200s don't have enough. This isn't so much of a concern in other countries as they tend to have restrictions as to engine size for first time riders.

I see quite a bit in other forums new riders asking what they should buy so that they can do some highway riding. Now that Honda has come out with the CBR250 to challange the 250 Ninja, china bikes have to react to that. Didn't Yamaha discontinue the XT225 and has only the XT250? This will probably happen across all of the lines...except for maybe the DR200 and the TW200. But, of course, that will depend on sales.
Your reasoning is logical. However, the Zong is a clone of the Yamaha TW200, and the QLink bikes are clones of the Suzuki DR200SE. These are the 200cc bikes the Japanese have been importing for decades, and still continue to import. Also, the Zongshen 200GY-2 is being replaced by a 150cc, water cooled, dual sport motorcycle, which simply amazes me. :roll:

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #41

Just found my NEW Favorite Shineray Video! LMAO Check it out.

I want to go Down Under! - LOL

Old 04-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #42

Quote:
I want to go Down Under! - LOL
:wink:

This video reminds me of when Pitster was introducing its XTR 250 bike (minus the soap opera beginning ) with video.

My hope is that Qlink prices these bikes to stay awhile. Part of the appeal of the XF/XP 200's was the Suzuki origins, and this bike doesn't quite have any origins. Qlink will need to spend some $ producing and posting videos of the Shineray in action, like Zuma of Australia has done here. I know that the multitude of Qlink converts are one targeted market, too, but many were lured, again, by low prices (I think you were one of them, Andrew )

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #43

I promise to post a review of the Q 250 as soon as Andy gets his demo.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #44

CulCune - Absolutely one of them - I got mine for $1395 Total - Spent another $200 on Tax Title and Licensing - And Probably another $400 of Mods etc....I love this bike. In fact it's parked right outside right now. Just stopped at the house for a Drink, then going back out for more riding. Today is Mid 70's and Sunny - Great day to ride! I'll snap a couple pics soon.

FastDoc - I can't wait to see that NEW THread on the Qlink Demo. Any time frame on that?

Well - Back out for a ride! Ride safe everyone. - LATER.......

Old 04-15-2011, 08:54 PM   #45

Ok I found some more info over at MCM - If you haven't seen it here it is: HAPPY READING

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...Qlink-Shineray

Andrew