Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2019, 10:20 PM   #1

Lieutenant Dan, You Ain't Got No Legs!

Started working on the bikes getting ready for the ride in to Wickenburg in a couple weeks. Ever wonder what a Hawk looks like without any legs? How about a DR? http://chinariders.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1572056393
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0724.jpg (92.9 KB, 508 views)

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-26-2019, 01:42 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Started working on the bikes getting ready for the ride in to Wickenburg in a couple weeks. Ever wonder what a Hawk looks like without any legs? How about a DR? http://chinariders.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1572056393
I can tell they will be ready for this! I changed my fork oil to 15w and tightened up my mono shock. I was a little bit too soft on the trail going all stock. I'll see if it helps.

Old 10-26-2019, 03:05 AM   #3

I do that to my bikes at least once a year to check things, grease things, etc. I call it hover mode.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 10-26-2019, 09:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I do that to my bikes at least once a year to check things, grease things, etc. I call it hover mode.
Dan, any idea what wheel bearings the Hawk uses? I figure while I have it apart, if I can get my hands on a set of bearings and seals I'll go ahead and take care of it. Otherwise it will have to wait until my next "Hover Mode". I'm going to be assembling and filling my shiny new parts washer today, the Hawk chain is going to be the first sacrifice to the Gods of Mineral Spirits.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-26-2019, 09:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musictrek View Post
I can tell they will be ready for this! I changed my fork oil to 15w and tightened up my mono shock. I was a little bit too soft on the trail going all stock. I'll see if it helps.
Unfortunately, I don't have any adjustment on my stock shock. I may do something with the front forks, haven't decided yet. It's still got the Chinese fish oil in them, but so far it's been working just fine. Really looking forward to the ride. My buddy is flying in Thursday night, then we'll spend Friday going over the bikes and making sure everything is good (maybe even dig into the CB450 engine and see if I can get another bike up and running), and then Saturday, WE RIDE!!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-26-2019, 12:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Unfortunately, I don't have any adjustment on my stock shock. I may do something with the front forks, haven't decided yet. It's still got the Chinese fish oil in them, but so far it's been working just fine. Really looking forward to the ride. My buddy is flying in Thursday night, then we'll spend Friday going over the bikes and making sure everything is good (maybe even dig into the CB450 engine and see if I can get another bike up and running), and then Saturday, WE RIDE!!
I'm 200lbs on my bike and I bottomed out a few times. I just need to slow down a bit on some of the rough stuff. Looks like the temps are holding a bit warmer this year. So, it should be just right if not a bit cool starting out, but the afternoon will be perfect!