Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2017, 08:05 PM   #1

Powersportsmax final review

I wanted to sum up my experience with powersportsmax. So, here we go.

Feb 22 - Placed order
Feb 23 - Sent out money order
Feb 27 - Powersports max signed for the delievery of the money order
March 1 - I email asking when they planned on shipping the bike out. They responded "Now we are checking with our warehouse about the check-in. Update will let you know soon. "
March 2 - Powersports max emailed me "We have received the check.Our Order department will check and update soon. "
March 6 - Powersportsmax emailed "Now it is being deposited to bank. Update will let you know soon.
March 9 - I email them and tell them it has been quite a while since I ordered and wanted a update
March 10 - I receive this response which reveals that they had lied to me about depositing the money order before "Our accounting was on business trip and just came back. The MO was just deposited, now it is waiting for bank clearance
We will ship order earlier next week"
March 15 - Order verified and sent to the warehouse
March 16 - Said order was being shipped.
March 24 - the bike arrived
April 7 - The mso arrives and it is incorrect. (please note i waited about a week to send out for it and that is why there is a gap in time) They actually sent it very quickly. I call them and they tried to rush me off the phone and to send a email. I insisted and they said they were sending the correct mso.
April 13 - New correct mso arrives.

So as you can see it's been very hit or miss when it comes to powersports max. They answered my emails quickly but aren't always truthful. It took a very long time for me to receive the bike.

I think if you order by credit card you would probably have much quicker turn around time but I've heard of others that still waited a very long time.

All in all I saved quite a bit of money going this route because powersports max is the cheapest on the vader 125. If I had it to do over however I think I would of chosen another company. It's really the lie about the money order that got me the most. I hate when people are untruthful, especially when it comes to a business that is taking my money.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*

Old 04-13-2017, 09:05 PM   #2

Yep, breaks the trust and nasty thoughts occur (you miserable pos)
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-13-2017, 09:42 PM   #3

Did you just call me a miserable pos? Haha
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*

Old 04-13-2017, 10:53 PM   #4

Come on man!
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-13-2017, 10:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Come on man!
haha it took me a minute but i figured out what you meant. Its been a long day. :
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*

Old 04-13-2017, 11:22 PM   #6

Thumbs Down

Usually when folks lie due to not doing their jobs the easiest excuse is to just say "my system crashed and I can't get access " that's a classic.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Usually when folks lie due to not doing their jobs the easiest excuse is to just say "my system crashed and I can't get access " that's a classic.
Just guessing....and being in sales/service most of my past life, as a company rep and service manager, I'd get hosed by things like this every so often.

Call the warehouse <ring ring

"Hello...John in shipping."
"John, it's 2LZ....did you get that Chingis order I sent you last week? The customer is hammering me! You said you'd get it out by last Thursday!"
"Yep....I know. Corporate wanted us to do inventory and it got us totally behind. Tell them it should be going out today."
"Thanks...I'll let them know..."

a week later...

"JOHN! WTF!? YOU TOLD ME THAT HIS CHINGIS ORDER WAS GOING OUT LAST WEEK AND NOW THE CUSTOMER IS FLAMED AT ME! CALLED ME A LIAR! HATES MY MOTHER AND WANTS MY FIRST BORN MALE CHILD!....PLUS..NOW HE'S GOING TO CHARGEBACK HIS ORDER! ARE YOU GOING TO ADD THIS LOSS TO MY BONUS CHECK!? I DOUBT IT!!!"

"Sorry man..... Pete was out last week. His baby was sick and his wife was out of town and we got backed up. Let them know it's going out special shipping by this afternoon...."

I'm not making excuses for any of these venders, but the frustration from the customer does run all the way up the chain, at least it did in my company.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-17-2017, 06:40 PM   #8

Someone was asking me about the vader today and it looks like powersportsmax no longer has them listed. Just fyi.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*

Old 04-17-2017, 08:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Just guessing....and being in sales/service most of my past life, as a company rep and service manager, I'd get hosed by things like this every so often.

Call the warehouse <ring ring

"Hello...John in shipping."
"John, it's 2LZ....did you get that Chingis order I sent you last week? The customer is hammering me! You said you'd get it out by last Thursday!"
"Yep....I know. Corporate wanted us to do inventory and it got us totally behind. Tell them it should be going out today."
"Thanks...I'll let them know..."

a week later...

"JOHN! WTF!? YOU TOLD ME THAT HIS CHINGIS ORDER WAS GOING OUT LAST WEEK AND NOW THE CUSTOMER IS FLAMED AT ME! CALLED ME A LIAR! HATES MY MOTHER AND WANTS MY FIRST BORN MALE CHILD!....PLUS..NOW HE'S GOING TO CHARGEBACK HIS ORDER! ARE YOU GOING TO ADD THIS LOSS TO MY BONUS CHECK!? I DOUBT IT!!!"

"Sorry man..... Pete was out last week. His baby was sick and his wife was out of town and we got backed up. Let them know it's going out special shipping by this afternoon...."

Love the scenario!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-17-2017, 08:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsumd View Post
Someone was asking me about the vader today and it looks like powersportsmax no longer has them listed. Just fyi.
I wonder if they were not on good terms with Boom? Alan told me they used to deal with Boom/Baodiao for scooters, but found them shady. I haven't seen anything to indicate that now, other than the seemingly confusing mess in the boxes you guys get. I actually find it intriguing! I mean, for not being a scooter, it is interesting to get a low priced mini-motorcycle; possibly the lowest priced (non-scooter) motorcycle in the U.S. I consider the 50cc versions (not sure if those are Boom or someone else) not motorcycles, but rather scooters. Besides, they are not that much less in price than the 125cc bikes!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-02-2017, 08:40 PM   #11

Thumbs Up Buy your bikes from Venom

if anyone is looking for a good bike and good company to buy from checkout Venom Motorsports canada. They delivered the bike to my door in 5 business days with the title lol. Bike runs beautifully and they are always there to answer the phone if you need any help after you get the bike.

Venom manufactures their own bikes, has an actual customer service team and prices are the same or close to those clowns at Powersportsmax and Saferwholesale....why would anyone not buy from them?

Checkout my bike! Matte Black
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1728.jpg (96.6 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1724.jpg (99.3 KB, 270 views)

Old 05-02-2017, 09:36 PM   #12

Bmw...fine looking bike. I hate to ask, how many cc's?

Old 05-02-2017, 11:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw_m4 View Post

Venom manufactures their own bikes, has an actual customer service team and prices are the same or close to those clowns at Powersportsmax and Saferwholesale....why would anyone not buy from them?

Checkout my bike! Matte Black
Nice bike, but I don't think Venom manufacturers anything other than saying they manufacture their own bikes

Quote:
Bmw...fine looking bike. I hate to ask, how many cc's?
These are 125cc's; I believe they are manufactured by Boom, and use the same engine as the Vader, which is why they hold EPA/DOT like the Vader (I believe CARB, too)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-03-2017, 12:08 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Nice bike, but I don't think Venom manufacturers anything other than saying they manufacture their own bikes

These are 125cc's; I believe they are manufactured by Boom, and use the same engine as the Vader, which is why they hold EPA/DOT like the Vader (I believe CARB, too)
I did see they have a 230cc with claimed 90mph

https://www.venommotorsportscanada.c...torcycle-250cc

Old 05-03-2017, 12:10 AM   #15

Trying to figure out if that bike is about the same dimensions as say a Honda CBR125
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)