Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #1

150cc scooter won't go over 40 mph...Help!

Greetings,

I just got my 150cc Milano DX scooter on the road. I purchased it from www.gsmotorworks.com. The problem is, I can't get it to go over 40 MPH. In only weigh 150 lbs, and there are no speed restrictors on this bike. I'm concerned that I got a raw deal, but I'm also usedto riding a 2-stroke scooter and this is a 4-stroke.

Any idea why I can't get it over 40 mph? Any suggesstions on what I can do to fix this problem without having to modify the bike? I was under the impression that 150cc scooters were fast out of the gate, and would have no problem reaching speeds of 60 mph.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 05-06-2008, 07:54 AM   #2

Your scooter may have a speed/rpm limiter inside the CDI Box, or you may not have it set up and tuned correctly.

That's something that may not be simple unless someone looks at it.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 05-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #3

Re: 150cc scooter won't go over 40 mph...Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbscinta1
Greetings,

I just got my 150cc Milano DX scooter on the road. I purchased it from www.gsmotorworks.com. The problem is, I can't get it to go over 40 MPH. In only weigh 150 lbs, and there are no speed restrictors on this bike. I'm concerned that I got a raw deal, but I'm also usedto riding a 2-stroke scooter and this is a 4-stroke.

Any idea why I can't get it over 40 mph? Any suggesstions on what I can do to fix this problem without having to modify the bike? I was under the impression that 150cc scooters were fast out of the gate, and would have no problem reaching speeds of 60 mph.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I had a new 150 cc scooter that did exactly the same ... I cleaned the carb, but it remained the same. It had me groping for a solution. I was going down to American Lifan in Dallas, Tx to pick up a load of LF200's so I loaded it onboard.

The Chinese fellow "Jimmy", who was sent over from China undersood my sign language and pointing at the speedometer. He pulled the carb, threw it into a big box, put on a new carb and the scooter ran over 65 mph.

They said they do not have any restrictors on any scooters, and that the coating inside the tanks usualy dissolves with a full tank of gas. However, it is possible for it to clog the high speed jet or passages. Occasionally a carb is defective and needs to be replaced. "Jimmy" didn't hesitate, he just pointed at the carb and made a motion like he was throwing it away...which he did! He has years of experience working in their factory in China.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #4

Considering how cheap the carbs are for these scoots a replacement is worth a try.

Allen

Old 09-22-2023, 07:36 PM   #5

Doh! Vague...but it could be seals/manifold - e z fix...

Try starting with manifold. They rip easily or need to be sealed. Oil drain tight? You never know... check for seals....super annoying when that's the problem b cuz the vacuum has to be tight or won't run alright....

Especially 4 a new bike...

Old 09-22-2023, 09:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieScooter666 View Post
Try starting with manifold. They rip easily or need to be sealed. Oil drain tight? You never know... check for seals....super annoying when that's the problem b cuz the vacuum has to be tight or won't run alright....

Especially 4 a new bike...

you might want to type a little louder, the Original Poster of this thread hasn't been on here since he posted it 15 years ago...