Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2016, 11:24 AM   #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
Good cutting down the skid plate so it will rotate. I like that a lot.

Also, I tried to do reverse the front mounting bolts, but was not successful. I put a socket underneath and hit the top of the bolt with a hammer, but they just wouldn't budge. Any tips?
Thread a nut onto the stud, just to protect the threads while you whack the stud. I used a 4 lb sledge. You don't want to gently tap this, you really do need to get brutal! Remember, this was pressed into place using a hydraulic press. Oh, it might help to have someone holding the skid plate completely level with the socket. You want a firm contact between the stud and the plate, also a solid surface under the socket. I used a 1" thick steel work bench, a concrete floor would be a good choice. All this applies to seating the stud when you install it....brute force is good!

Old 09-22-2016, 11:33 AM   #347

Now them there's some good instructions....even I could follow those. Thanks for the tip

Old 09-22-2016, 09:23 PM   #348

We used to call it " Legal Macho ". To be used by Studs on studs !

Old 09-28-2016, 01:59 AM   #349

Not today, but last Thursday. Rode Snowy Range Loop west of Laramie, on my RX3, with three others, on FJR, RT, and F650. Fortunately, they preferred to ride at the speed limit. Unfortunately, the wind started BLOWING (or was that sucking?).

Photo at the top, 10889 ft elevation:

Lunch stop in Encampment/Riverside

The wind was bad; often I was in fourth gear, WOT, going up hills. Did I say that the route was hilly also? And a couple of times third gear WOT. Temp was cool.
All in all, it was a good ride with good company. Total trip was 330 miles for me. Saddle was fine (tall from CSC) as long as I sat up and rocked my hip forward. If I slouched there was pressure on my tailbone.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:51 AM   #350

Not today but last Saturday and Sunday. I changed oil in the engine and set the valve. I also cleaned the air filter. All this was on a Saturday. On Sunday morning I and my friends (volunteers) went to the orphanage. On that day, we drove over 350 miles to create a holiday for children, where the most interesting and the expected point programs children were riding on motorcycles. RXз confidently withstood all the way to the passenger at a speed of 75-80 miles per hour.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:28 AM   #351

Wonderful, Rus!!!!

A great thing you did for children who deserve a better life.

Oh, and that is a very pretty zebra on the back of your M1nsk.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:39 AM   #352

390 miles (indicated) on my RX3 last Saturday. Did a light camping trip from the DC area out to Ohio with some friends, had a great time but decided to head back a bit early since the night-time temps were dropping. Left Newcomerstown OH at 7:30. Took great winding back roads including rt 800 to cross the Ohio by ferry at Sistersville, then more back roads to link up with Rt 50, which I followed all the way back to DC.

Early part of the trip was fairly slow because of hills and curves, but made up some time on Rt 50. Back home at 6:00. RX3 ran flawlessly, and while I was tired after 10 1/2 hours of pretty much straight riding, I was still having fun.

Old 09-29-2016, 03:05 PM   #353

REDHAWK... that was pretty ambitious to keep up with those brutes. good job!
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 09-29-2016, 03:10 PM   #354

Thumbs Up

rus...lots of smiling faces

thanks for sharing
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 09-30-2016, 03:59 PM   #355

Jay In Milpitas, zebra says thank you

Thank you, comrades. My friends and I tried to go to the children every weekend during the warm season, and as often as possible during the cold season

Old 09-30-2016, 05:30 PM   #356

When I ordered my RX3 I ordered the 'trail package'. That's the 19" front wheel and off-road tires for front and rear. The bike came out of the crate wearing those off road tires Also in the crate were the OEM rear tire, and the OEM 18" front wheel with tire. After almost 2500 miles on the large block tires I am switching over to the more road oriented OEM tires. I want to use up the rubber that I have paid for. I also want to see if the more road oriented tires will give a smoother ride (bound to!) and better grip in twisty stuff. The Shinko rear came off the rim pretty smoothly but when I tried to mount the Chinese made OEM tire I met my match. The sidewall is so stiff I simply could not get the second bead over the rim. Luckily I could go a shop that would finish the mounting job for me. Changing the front wheel will be a snap by comparison! Along that line, since I have upgraded the front disc there would be a mismatch if I were to use the OEM disc on that 18" wheel so I have ordered the larger disc for my spare front wheel. I'm actually thinking about getting another rear wheel too. That way I can swap out tire/wheel combo at will. Heck the rear wheel is only $200. Christmas will be here before you know it!

Old 09-30-2016, 10:24 PM   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rus View Post
Jay In Milpitas, zebra says thank you

Thank you, comrades. My friends and I tried to go to the children every weekend during the warm season, and as often as possible during the cold season
Such a great thing to do for the kids! I'm sure you bring a lot of cheer to them. молодец! (Well done!)

Old 10-01-2016, 01:12 AM   #358

Bought my RX3 a friend.....

Name:  IMG_1828.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  98.0 KBAfter some soul searching I decided to purchase another orange bike to keep my 2016 RX3 company. I have had a great time with the CSC but find I am riding it too aggressively and causing minor damage when dual sporting with my friends and their more dirt oriented bikes. I'll keep and enjoy the RX3 for commuting and longer trips but I think the street legal 2007 KTM 525 I bought for $4500 will better fit the rougher trails I occasionally ride, although I may trailer it to save highway wear and tear unlike the RX3. The KTM has 26 hours, 580 miles and looks and rides like new. Maintenance will be more frequent but I will be riding it much less than the RX3. Not to worry, I am still a huge CSC fan 😊

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1812.jpg (97.1 KB, 328 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1813.jpg (97.5 KB, 320 views)

Last edited by rideabout; 10-01-2016 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Add photos

Old 10-01-2016, 11:50 AM   #359

KTM is Rolls Royce right there! Congrats on the new stable partner!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 10-01-2016, 12:32 PM   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideabout View Post
I'll keep and enjoy the RX3 for commuting and longer trips but I think the street legal 2007 KTM 525 I bought for $4500 will better fit the rougher trails I occasionally ride, 😊

Cheers!
The right tool for the job? Terrific concept. Seems you've returned to riding with a passion.

Have fun, neighbor!