Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2019, 02:35 PM   #1

Remote Start - Kill Switch question

So I am looking converting the hazard switch on the Bashan's to a kill switch, but a lingering question won't go away...

In the electrical diagram, connecting the Black/White wire to Green Ground kills the ignition. It works when the Bashan is turned on via key. The key turns on ignition power.

However, when the bike is turned on via remote start, turning off the ignition key would not kill the engine. To turn off the engine you have to use the remote "unlock" function, which is inconvenient. Assuming the Black/White connection is connected to the ignition key module, and grounding it should have killed the CDI signal, the remote's behavior doesn't make any sense.

If the black/white wire is not connected to the ignition key module, it would be easy to steal the bike. Simply kick start the engine and the CDI will activate.

Any insights appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Elec.jpg (88.1 KB, 9289 views)

Keihin PZ30 Main-115 Pilot-38 Needle-1Washer Fuel Mixture-1/2

BSR Chronicles - "Project leads to more projects!"

Yamaha WR250R
Suzuki GSX-R 600

Last edited by AresROC; 09-26-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Old 09-26-2019, 11:06 PM   #2

Ignore diagram.
Hook both kill switch wire to both of the ignition switch wires ( not red or black they are power) the wires with color and white strip.
Job done.

Or hook into tacho wire and other to earth - job done
Or hook into coil wire other earth - job done

Most all China bikes cut ignition wire kick start and go - DO NOT rely on ignition lock or switch FOR ANYTHING more then an honest person. it is bypassed in under 3 seconds

Old 10-09-2019, 07:22 AM   #3

Rewire Hazard Switch to Kill Switch
From the post I made on how to wire the switch

I rewired this today. Interesting the blue and orange flasher wires have a diode in line.

The three wires you need to modify are the blue, orange and gray wires.

I took the switch and harness off the bike so I could remove the wires from the molex plug.

To remove the wires from the plug use a small screwdriver or dental pick to push the holder on the pin.

I removed the harness cover at this point you will see where the blue wire is spliced and another wire is added the orange wire and the diodes are placed in line.

I cut the the blue wire before the splice and then I spliced in a wire to match the length of the gray wire.

I cut the gray wire to remove the connector. You now have the two wires you need to splice into the ignition switch harness.

I removed the green and black wire with white stripe from the molex connector.

I then used an exacto knife to remove about 3/8 inch of insulation right before the pin.

I then soldered the blue and gray wires to the green and black/white stripe wires.

I used shrink tubing to finish the wires up and put the wires back into the molex connector.

I now have a kill switch. and no emergency flashers.

Old 12-16-2021, 02:08 PM   #4

Perfect, Wasn't real sure about the orange wire until I pulled all the wires out. Be sure to cut the blue wire above the splice, which will do away with the orange wire all together. Appreciate the post and info!!

Last edited by jasbeth; 12-16-2021 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Revise