Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2016, 08:19 PM   #1

Long Way series

I know this is somewhat off topoic and yet it strikes kinda near the RX3. I've now watched all the episodes of the Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman Long Way series (2) and I for one enjoyed them. I know they had exceptional support assets behind them but still I liked the idea behind it and the footage was incredible.....

To the point of what strikes near the RX3 is the rumors or proposed Long Way series 3 of a Mexico Baja adventure. Given Joe's adventures in 5@8 and the annual CSC Baja run it just seemed to connect for me. I know these guys would not step away from their big dollar BMW and now Triumph and Motto Guzzi deals but I can't help but remember the dozens of times they made issue of how damn big and heavy those behemoths are.. Anyway its kinda nice to think about...at least for me.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-25-2016, 08:25 PM   #2

I have watched those a few times now, wife is getting upset, lol.

I have also been watching the c90adventures on youtube, I recommend them. That is more my style of adventure biking.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodtheviking View Post
I have watched those a few times now, wife is getting upset, lol.

I have also been watching the c90adventures on youtube, I recommend them. That is more my style of adventure biking.
Thanx for the tip... I'll "tube" in

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-25-2016, 11:50 PM   #4

I enjoyed both The Long Way Round and The Long Way Down series.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-25-2016, 11:58 PM   #5

I would love to see them make a 'Long Way Up' from Tierra del Fuego to Alaska.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 05-26-2016, 01:12 AM   #6

I really enjoyed both of the Long Way series. I'd love to plan a ride that focused on all of the BDR's.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-26-2016, 06:53 AM   #7

If I only had the time and money

Old 05-26-2016, 08:44 AM   #8

I've watched them as well. I didn't like the 2nd series as much...when they are in Africa. To much of a travel documentary, not as motorcycle focused. Despite the many haters of them, and their support group, the guys seemed to have fun, would be fun to hang out with, and they did wonders for putting ADV riding on the map. Kinda like Garth Brooks and Lance Armstrong did in their professions. They made their respective professions more mainstream.

That said, I propose we have a thread to recommend motorcycle movies, shows, You Tube "shows" that may be RX3 based, ADV riding based, motorcycle based. One area that we can suggest, or get some ideas of things to watch. I'll start it... What say you, Spud, think that'd be ok?

Old 05-26-2016, 09:32 AM   #9

I will add don't waist even a single second of your time on "A Story Worth Living", it's not a motorcycle move!

Watched the first 15min of c90adventures and I'm sure I will enjoy this series!

Old 05-26-2016, 09:49 AM   #10

Is the Long Way series available to be viewed online? I remember seeing the trailer but couldn't find the whole stuff.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:56 AM   #11

You can stream it on Netflix. Both 1 and 2.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:36 AM   #12

I just watched both Long Way series on Netflix. I think those two whined a lot about the bikes being so heavy. Charley wanted KTM to sponsor them in the first series. Still a large bike. I think I would rather attempt it with less stuff and a lighter bike.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureDad View Post
I've watched them as well. I didn't like the 2nd series as much...when they are in Africa. To much of a travel documentary, not as motorcycle focused. Despite the many haters of them, and their support group, the guys seemed to have fun, would be fun to hang out with, and they did wonders for putting ADV riding on the map. Kinda like Garth Brooks and Lance Armstrong did in their professions. They made their respective professions more mainstream.

That said, I propose we have a thread to recommend motorcycle movies, shows, You Tube "shows" that may be RX3 based, ADV riding based, motorcycle based. One area that we can suggest, or get some ideas of things to watch. I'll start it... What say you, Spud, think that'd be ok?
That's a great idea. Please do start the thread.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-26-2016, 10:55 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger View Post
I just watched both Long Way series on Netflix. I think those two whined a lot about the bikes being so heavy. Charley wanted KTM to sponsor them in the first series. Still a large bike. I think I would rather attempt it with less stuff and a lighter bike.
I agree. After the cameraman exchanged his BMW for a Chinese bike, he rode circles around both of them.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-26-2016, 11:05 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I agree. After the cameraman exchanged his BMW for a Chinese bike, he rode circles around both of them.
I saw that, and wondered why they AGAIN chose the same bike for the Africa version, Long Way Down. If they were bound to stick with BMW, the 650 versions would have done better, while maybe perceived as "less manly" by the non riding masses. IDK.