Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2016, 12:54 PM   #1

Grin Today is my son's 19th birthday but I got the present!

After some telephone legwork on the part of Ryan and my friendly banker the ink is dried and the deal is done. My order is placed for a white 2016 RX3 slice of heaven. I've a feeling that was the easy part. As Tom Petty sang . . . The waiting is the hardest part! On a side note ... This journey for me began during the initial Don't Miss the Boat promotion. Unfortunately at that time it wasn't meant to be but with patience and assistance from Ryan at CSC it's now completed. So - - - If you're lurking here and just can't decide what to do or if you can make it happen don't hesitate to email or call Ryan. I'm telling you straight up - the guy is first class as I suspect the entire organization is as well. You'll get top shelf service no matter the outcome! Don't put it off any longer... Get that RX3, TT250 or RC3 ordered . . . You'll feel great

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-06-2016, 02:10 PM   #2

Congrats on the order!!! what kind of time frame did he give you?

Old 05-06-2016, 02:12 PM   #3

Congrats dpl096! And very happy birthday to your son! So... is the RX3 for you, or for your son? Why not get two? (Yeah, I know... I'm such an instigator.)

Ryan is awesome, as is the whole team at CSC. Just genuinely good folk... all of them. Glad that you were able to put the deal together and a bike has your name against it! Looking forward to the delivery/uncrating pics and ride reports!

Old 05-06-2016, 02:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
Congrats dpl096! And very happy birthday to your son! So... is the RX3 for you, or for your son? Why not get two? (Yeah, I know... I'm such an instigator.)

Ryan is awesome, as is the whole team at CSC. Just genuinely good folk... all of them. Glad that you were able to put the deal together and a bike has your name against it! Looking forward to the delivery/uncrating pics and ride reports!
Thanx RT - I can honestly say I'm more excited about this bike than I was when I ordered my FXDX - to be a part of this RX3 China Riders brotherhood is very appealing to say the least. Actually the poor bike will get ridden by all 3 of us, me him and momma. Honestly I think the boy would be more inclined to go the Hawk route ... I'm trying to talk him into a TT250 .... excuse of the old man to spin it around too!

I've got my Harley H.O.G. card ... do I get a Zongshen Z.O.G. card as well ! LMAO

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-06-2016, 02:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
Congrats on the order!!! what kind of time frame did he give you?
Thanx Ron .... Honestly I didnt ask. I'm trying desperately not to be too much of a pest after all the emails and phone calls he and I have had over the past few weeks and last fall. I recall him mentioning it being a matter of a few weeks. I was going to go through your posts to get an idea of your time frame ... do you remember? Seems to my you posted you have ordered early in the month of April but that might not be right.

― Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #6

Congratulations, and welcome to The Cult of The Zong.

What color did you order?

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-06-2016, 03:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
What color did you order?
'White 2016 RX3 slice of heaven', I think is what I read somewhere

Can't wait to see pics

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
'White 2016 RX3 slice of heaven', I think is what I read somewhere

Can't wait to see pics
Okay; I see he has the 2016 White RX3 in his signature.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-06-2016, 07:29 PM   #9

Yes Sir .. white it is!

― Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-06-2016, 11:15 PM   #10

Joe took some pictures of the tt,s being built. Maybe thats your white one on the rack being built behind them..... can always hope it is...... now you,ll be wondering.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 150507_6531-650.jpg (76.4 KB, 296 views)

Last edited by Ron B; 05-07-2016 at 08:24 AM.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:35 PM   #11

Congrats dpl096! Awesome choice! LOL! Maybe Spud, being the "Grand Poo-Bah" of the Cult of the Zong, should make some Z.O.G. cards! Do I hear an "AYE!"!? ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-06-2016, 11:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Congrats dpl096! Awesome choice! LOL! Maybe Spud, being the "Grand Poo-Bah" of the Cult of the Zong, should make some Z.O.G. cards! Do I hear an "AYE!"!? ;-)
Aye!

― Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-06-2016, 11:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
Joe took some pictures of the tt,s being built. Maybe thats your white one on the rack being built behind them..... can always hope it it...... now you,ll be wondering.
I love the way you think Ron! ....... Drooling like a fool here now

― Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-07-2016, 12:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
So - - - If you're lurking here and just can't decide what to do or if you can make it happen don't hesitate to email or call Ryan. I'm telling you straight up - the guy is first class as I suspect the entire organization is as well. You'll get top shelf service no matter the outcome! Don't put it off any longer... Get that RX3, TT250 or RC3 ordered . . . You'll feel great
Congrats!!! Welcome to the ZONG life! Best riding family out there! Hopefully I'll have miles put on before yours ships ...hahahaha!

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 05-07-2016, 08:39 PM   #15

Dpl... great to hear you did it! I know you were back and forth on different bikes. You definitely did your research. It's been over a month that you have been asking questions and dealing out your wisdom (). I have beenoff line a bit doing my Mc training (100% on written today). Once I get the endorsement will get a few years enjoyment with my bashan ,then will probably stick with the long range plan and keep my sights on that zong450.

Happy 4 U !
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~