Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2016, 06:58 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy dog View Post
have you had any problems with registration seems Victoria has she is in Conn.
I did not have "problems" per se, but more just hassle.

Normally, You can go with your bill of sale and title and register a bike at any of our DMV locations.

In recent years, CT has instituted a very cool (sarcasm) policy where anyone selling any vehicle must buy a license. My understanding is the Auto Lobby in CT fought against Tesla, citing an unfair advantage since they don't really have DEALERSHIPS. Well, the end result is to be on CTs list of Approved Vendors, they must pay $2300/2yrs license fee.

I'm not sure how many bikes CSC would have to sell in CT alone to recoup that number, but I'm sure, it's just not money well spent.

With that said, the people who lose out, are the CT citizens, as per usual. So what does this mean? I had to put the bike on a trailer. Tow it just over an hour from home for a "Courtesy VIN Inspection" in Wethersfield, CT.

I got there, unloaded my bike, did a demo of turn signals, front and rear brake and horn. I filled out about 4 rows of info on a sheet he provided, He looked at the vin on the paper and compared it to my title of origin and wrote up the carbon copy. This test was free.

All in all, I rented a trailer for $35 and probably cost me about $40 in gas. Honestly, the TIME is what I really lost out on. That day was sunny and 80 degrees.

The following day (yesterday), I went with this new paper to my local dmv and was out in 45 mins with tin plates.

Then I rode it for near to 200 miles.

Dave aka Ghan

Old 05-14-2016, 11:09 AM   #17

I don't know the geography of CT, so not sure how far you are to member 'Motocheez', but he has been putting out many videos of his RPS Hawk 250 which is very similar to your TT 250. You guys could meet up, or at least participate in his planned riders meet up that he has been mentioning in his latest youtube videos.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-15-2016, 06:03 AM   #18

I'll see if I can find this "Motocheez" fellow. I'm always up for more folks to ride with.

Dave aka Ghan

Old 05-15-2016, 01:40 PM   #19

These are his videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfs...4KSbAlQ/videos

The later ones have him going on dirt roads and trails while the earlier ones are his modifications to his Hawk (similar to the TT). Even if he is not close to you, it might be worth a drive to meet up one weekend. He is good at responding to my posts on youtube, and you can PM him here.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-15-2016, 04:15 PM   #20

I am in RI with a Hawk 250. I am down for a ride.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:07 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaniba View Post
I'll see if I can find this "Motocheez" fellow. I'm always up for more folks to ride with.
Well, I found Motocheez - He's on the western side of CT -- about 2hrs of highway riding, or 3hrs of back roads. I will probably trailer out to him sometime this summer or something to go ride sometime. Still would be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0ss View Post
I am in RI with a Hawk 250. I am down for a ride.
Cool! What part of RI are you in? I was all over RI with the RX3 on Fri. I went from home to providence, south to Sakonnet Point, back north to Pawtucket, then back west to home. A nice, fun 180mi afternoon.

How about a couple of pics? The last one is my fav -- The bike proves it's worthy of ownership! Able to bring home two sixers in the top case! Though, they didn't fit in as easy as I'd like -- I'll accept the breakdown.

Dave aka Ghan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3895.jpg (96.7 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3900.jpg (90.6 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3902.jpg (92.7 KB, 141 views)

Old 05-31-2016, 11:30 AM   #22

I finally choked through the last ginger ale hard soda last night.

I'm also happy to say, I took the RX3 out for a rip to go get a grinder for the wifey and I -- MAN that little bike is fun! We've got over 750 miles on it now, it's coming up to it's next oilchange here in no-time!

I am still impressed by how well the little bugger goes for being a little 250!

Dave aka Ghan

Old 05-31-2016, 01:01 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaniba View Post
I finally choked through the last ginger ale hard soda last night.

I'm also happy to say, I took the RX3 out for a rip to go get a grinder for the wifey and I -- MAN that little bike is fun! We've got over 750 miles on it now, it's coming up to it's next oilchange here in no-time!

I am still impressed by how well the little bugger goes for being a little 250!

Dave aka Ghan
I had some of the horrid root beers in the fridge someone brought over and left behind. Mrs. 2LZ finally made floats with them. I can't imagine the hangover all these hard soda's can inflict.

I only have about 120 miles on my RX3 so far and it's starting to loosen up a bit now. You're right, these things are a thrill to ride. Very predictable handling, regardless of how far over you have it leaned and very agile!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-02-2016, 06:56 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I had some of the horrid root beers in the fridge someone brought over and left behind. Mrs. 2LZ finally made floats with them. I can't imagine the hangover all these hard soda's can inflict.
I highly recommend trying one of the hard orange ones. Of all of them, I find them the least offensive. a close second is the black cherry cola ones. It's just something different, but I too hated the rootbeer.

Dave aka Ghan