Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2016, 12:32 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
...Did you read the link I attached in my original post? I had to read it over and over. PA has to send the registration submissions to the Harrisburg for review of the Certificate of Origin. Their doc clearly states they will not give you a temporary plate. They are mailing out the docs to Harrisburg tomorrow...
Yes, I certainly did read the link you attached to your original post.

Quote:

"This is a follow-up to the previous notifications sent
regarding title applications for any two or
three-wheeled motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, motor
scooter or motorized pedal cycle (Moped) with a
vehicle identification number (VIN) that begins with the
letter "L". Unless exempted, these title applications
are to be forwarded to the Special Services Unit of
PennDOT for examination to determine if a title may be
issued. "
Title applications for two- and three-wheeled vehicles
with a VIN beginning with "L" where the proof of
ownership is an MCO or a title issued by another
jurisdiction must be submitted to the Special Services
Unit for examination and no temporary registration may
be issued for these vehicles.
If these regulations were in place a year ago, Zongshen is obviously on the list of exempted companies. If the rule is more recent, I'm confident the Special Service Unit will approve a license plate for your RX3, and add Zongshen to the list of exempted companies.

The CSC Cyclone RX3 is manufactured as a motorcycle for street use. It has passed both EPA and CARB requirements. At least two CSC Cyclone RX3 motorcycle have already been registered, and issued license plates in Pennsylvania. There is no valid reason why your request should be denied. Therefore, I suggest you contact CSC, and let them help you resolve this problem.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-26-2016, 12:35 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
On the CSC website they list 2 RX3 affiliates in PA ... Coopersburg and Duncannon.... So they do obviously get titled and registered!
Quote:
Yeah, guess it just takes longer. Well hopefully it won't be that long since they have 2 others "at least" in the state of PA.
Yes, as I mentioned earlier in this post, forum member Fishman10 is in Duncannon, Pennsylvania. He easily registered his RX3, and received a license plate for his RX3 last year, in either April or May.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-26-2016, 07:21 AM   #18

I received my RX3 about 3 weeks ago and I am in the Allentown area of PRP. I went to the local notary and received my plate right away, but that may be due to the fact I rode the bike there in a snow squall.

The notary told me the L plate issue stems from people getting the 4 wheelers and such from Pep boys and putting a VIN copied from another manufacturer onto it for registration. Our VINS are coming up as Taiwanese and not Chinese from what I have been told.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:44 AM   #19

Here in Colorado, my bike was the first Zong to be registered in my County...and it took over a month to get the plate. Owners from other Counties had reported that they received their plates in a lot less time. My County DMV was very adamant about "their" process. I could not do/say anything to make them speed the process. I could only wait and provide whatever document(s) they asked for next.

While the Counties are in the same state, each County can be different in how they work through the process of registering this rare breed.

Old 04-26-2016, 02:16 PM   #20

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Colorado DMV, Marz.

It's now obvious the "public servants" of the DMV in different counties might react differently in order to protect their job security in the government bureaucracy.

P.S. I enjoyed your judicious use of the "irate" emoticon.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-27-2016, 07:50 AM   #21

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokecycle View Post
I received my RX3 about 3 weeks ago and I am in the Allentown area of PRP. I went to the local notary and received my plate right away, but that may be due to the fact I rode the bike there in a snow squall.

The notary told me the L plate issue stems from people getting the 4 wheelers and such from Pep boys and putting a VIN copied from another manufacturer onto it for registration. Our VINS are coming up as Taiwanese and not Chinese from what I have been told.
Wow that's crazy! There is always someone that just screws it up for everybody. Wow...I guess my notary in Malvern was just been super cautious. Which sucks for me. Did you take a "Vin Verification" form with you? Gees, that is what I hate about anything to do with the DMV, it should not be an inconsistent experience. Just frustrating to have a new bike sitting in the garage collecting dust.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 04-27-2016, 11:28 AM   #22

Quote:
Wow that's crazy! There is always someone that just screws it up for everybody. Wow...I guess my notary in Malvern was just been super cautious. Which sucks for me. Did you take a "Vin Verification" form with you? Gees, that is what I hate about anything to do with the DMV, it should not be an inconsistent experience. Just frustrating to have a new bike sitting in the garage collecting dust.
I did not have a verification form, they went out to the bike and checked the frame was stamped with the correct numbers. They may be more comfortable at this place because there are a couple local "builders" that use them as well.

When I moved to the PRP in '07 I had a nightmare with the DMV brining my stable into the country. Never had issues in any other state in the union just PA.

I am heading up to the Shade Mountain Trail System to give the bike a run in the woods once it is open after Memorial Day.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:30 PM   #23

Just got our two registered and plates in Washington, took about 15 minutes, no hassles.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:24 PM   #24

Quote:
I didn't notice until now that you took your bike to a notary public, instead of the DMV, since we don't have that option in Idaho. Why did you choose a notary public? Fishman10 went to the DMV, and had no difficulties getting a license plate for his RX3.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-27-2016, 02:50 PM   #25

Quote:
Are you locked in their system , do they have your Vin number now? Guess you are in DMV purgatory waiting for an answer? You can't go to another DMV and try, I guess that is my question.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-27-2016, 03:30 PM   #26

Wow, all these tales of woe make me marvel at the fact that our DMV (Virginia) simply took the MSO and Invoice; grabbed my check; and handed me plates, registration, and title. I did have to fill out an Application for Title so that took all of 5 minutes. There was no question about who made the bike, etc. Evidently Zongshen has some scooters or other bikes in the system.

In Virginia we have DMV offices but each city can also get linked into DMV so the City Treasurer's Office can do some transactions, like getting registration, plates, titles, and renewing the tags. I just went to City Hall so I did not get thrown into DMV hell with all the all the DUI, initial license issue, and other poor stiffs standing in endless lines.

Peter Y.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:10 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I didn't notice until now that you took your bike to a notary public, instead of the DMV, since we don't have that option in Idaho. Why did you choose a notary public? Fishman10 went to the DMV, and had no difficulties getting a license plate for his RX3.
The Notary is a mile from the house and never has a line up, can't say that about the DMV. Plus, I rode the unlicensed bike to them so they could verify the VIN because it was an out of state vehicle.

Old 04-27-2016, 05:45 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokecycle View Post
The Notary is a mile from the house and never has a line up, can't say that about the DMV. Plus, I rode the unlicensed bike to them so they could verify the VIN because it was an out of state vehicle.
I can see that was very convenient for you.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-02-2016, 05:48 PM   #29

I had no problem registering my rx3. , but then I went to the main dmv office in Harrisburg an I wAs also armed with a vin verification form signed by a state licensed inspection mechanic,, this form helps a lot!!!!

Old 05-02-2016, 05:54 PM   #30

I had a notary verify my VIN here in FL because I didn't want to load the bike back into my pickup and take it to the DMV. The options are take it to the DMV, have a notary verify the VIN, or have a police officer verify the VIN.

Will
Central FL
'15 Mustard