Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2016, 03:47 AM   #1

Another RX3 Importer in Europe (ROMET ADV 250)

Hello Everybody,
I'm from Germany and I'm looking for a new bike. I sold my last one 2 years ago and I defenitely need a toy.

While searching for something affordable I got attracted to the RX3 which wasn't available officially in Germany. But some Weeks ago there came two oportunities up to buy them.

First an imported Honley from the UK which was already mentioned in the forum.

Second a ROMET ADV 250 which is offered by the Polish importer ROMET (www.romet.pl also english version available). I tried to read as much as possible in the forum but didn't find any info on that bike. I called one dealer in Munich and he told me it will be available in white (see video) and in orange from begin of March onwards in Germany. The price will be arround 4000€ including the aluminum panniers. It seems that importer of the bike is new and it might be at least interesting for some European users, therfore the link to the promotional video (see below).

I hope I could contribute a bit to this amazing forum. It is really superb with respect to the information and all the friendly members!!! Let's see maybe I will be a Zong owner in the future .

Have a nice day everybody.

PS: Sorry for my limited english capabilities just ignore the spelling and grammar mistakes

2016 ROMET ADV 250 AKA Zongshen RX3

Last edited by Fritz; 02-25-2016 at 04:40 AM.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:01 AM   #2

Welcome Fritz, it is great to see the RX3 making its way around the world.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:20 AM   #3

Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

There is no need to apologize for your English; it is excellent. Thanks for letting us know about the Romet ADV 250.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-25-2016, 08:28 AM   #4

Thanks for the heads-up.

Unfortunately, Rometa.pl is 95% 125cc, and don't have a basic 250cc dual sport like the Hawk or Bashan Storm.

Having a dual sport bike in Poland would allow me to go into forest areas inaccessible by car.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:24 PM   #5

Thanks for posting, Fritz. That's a pretty compelling video. I hope Romet does well with it.

Old 02-26-2016, 11:27 AM   #6

EUR4000 with the aluminum panniers included. That is a very good price. At today's conversion rate, that is only US$4,369.

Based upon my experience, I don't think you'll be disappointed in the bike's quality. I rode a 2 stroke Yamaha RD350LC all over Europe in the early 1980's, so I know a small displacement bike is great for touring over there.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."

Old 02-26-2016, 12:11 PM   #7

Welcome, Fritz!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-28-2016, 01:46 AM   #8

Welcome Fritz! Thanks for sharing the Romet Adv 250 video. That was a great video to watch.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:57 AM   #9

Grin

Hello again everybody,

I want to post an update on the ROMET ADV 250 since I bought the bike from the dealer in Munich.

I trailed it home since it is not far away. But you can also get it shipped home. The price is 3800€ with the plastic panniers including shipment. The price including the aluminum panniers is not clear yet. He didn't know about the plastic panniers until it got delivered. Since he told me in the beginning the price would include the aluminum panniers he was fair enough to give me the bike with the plastic panniers and will deliver the aluminum panniers later to me for free. But be aware that business is a bit slow with him (had to wait quite a while to finally see the bike etc.). I don't necessarily want to blame him maybe it is the same with all dealers due to the importer ROMET.

The warranty concept from ROMET is different from CSC. Warranty is 2 years but will only be granted if the bike is maintained in a qualified motorcycle repair shop. Since the dealer in Munich is actually only a one man business without workshop (only sales) he gave me a address of a workshop really close by. They performed the initial inspection "pre delivery" which is included in the price. So for the next 2 years I am not allowed to make my hands dirty and I have to pay a bit more I assume. But on the other hand I think it is okay to keep the warranty.

In case you want to buy such a bike in Germany check which dealer is close and what latest price he will offer. Until now I found around 3 more dealers and it seems prices are varying between 3700 and 4000 € just check on the internet.

As already mentioned there is white and orange available. I prefer the white no matter how slow it is. The setup of the ROMET 2016 model is actually similar to the 2015 model from CSC e.g. no adjustable front forks, stainless steel exhaust, split side cover etc. but excluding the nice extra features (300W alternator, big windshield, 17" rear wheel etc.). But there is one tiny extra -> the lower rear fender and the decals call it a Tourer .

And last but not least of course some pictures of my very first ride on the small country roads close by with limited performance due to break in .

Regarding the lights it might be interesting to know that there is actually no light switch at all. The light (only light bulb) starts automatically when the engine is running (not ignition key on). The LED lights are not used at all. Later I will order a normal switch from taobao and try to build it back to normal.

Here comes the specification as far as I could find the stuff (nothing new just to bring everything in one spot in German usual units):

Engine
Type ZS177MM-P Liquid cooled,
4-stroke single-cylinder
engine, four valves per cylinder
Bore x stroke 77 mm x 53,6 mm
Capacity 250 cc
Rated output 18,5 kW at 9000 rpm
Max. torque 22,5 Nm at 7000 rpm
Compression ratio 11,1 - 12 : 1
Mixture control / engine management Electronic fuel injection
Emission control Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard
EU-3

Performance / fuel consumption
Maximum speed 120 km/h
Fuel consumption 3,4 L/100km
Fuel type Premium Unleaded 93#

Power transmission
Clutch Multi-plate wet clutch, mechanically operated
Gearbox Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox integrated into
crankcase
Drive Chain drive 3,143:1

Chassis / brakes
Front wheel location / suspension Upside down telescopic fork, Ø 37 mm
Rear wheel location / suspension Box-section steel 2-sided swing arm,
central spring strut operated by lever
system, spring pre-load adjustable (continuously variable), rebound
damping adjustable
Suspension travel front / rear 130 mm / 142 mm
Wheelbase 1400 mm
Wheels Wire spoke wheels
Rim, front 2.15 x 18"
Rim, rear 2.75 x 15"
Tyres, front 110/90 R18 M/C 56H / 66S
Tyres, rear 130/90 R15 M/C 66H / 66S
Tyre, pressure front 250kpa
Tyre, pressure rear 250kpa
Brake, front Single disc brake, diameter 262 mm,
dual-piston
Brake, rear Single disc brake, diameter 258 mm,
single-piston

Dimensions / weights
Length 2113 mm
Width (incl. mirrors) 868 mm
Height (excl. mirrors) 1260 mm
Seat height, unladen weight 795 mm
Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled) 175 kg
Permitted total weight 350 kg
Payload (with standard equipment) 150 kg
Tank volume 15 L

PS: So if somebody in Germany wants to have a closer look, I live in east Bavaria just send a PM and we can meet up.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:26 AM   #10

Fritz .... I love the smoked windscreen !

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-31-2016, 10:54 AM   #11

Thanks for the pics! You txt looks great!

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 05-31-2016, 11:02 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
As already mentioned there is white and orange available. I prefer the white no matter how slow it is. The setup of the ROMET 2016 model is actually similar to the 2015 model from CSC e.g. no adjustable front forks, stainless steel exhaust, split side cover etc. but excluding the nice extra features (300W alternator, big windshield, 17" rear wheel etc.). But there is one tiny extra -> the lower rear fender and the decals call it a Tourer .
My UK RX3 only has the 200w alternator as well but it seems to manage OK, and that's with heated grips. But I did fit an 11w LED headlight bulb to balance the power drain. The 11w bulb still gives more light than the original.

I also fitted the larger clear windshield this is available on taobao

The 15" rear wheel is a real drag, here in the UK you can't get a replacement dual sport tyre, not even from the RX3 importers. At some point i'm going to have to get a 17" rim.

Anyhoo, its still a good bike.

I hope you enjoy your new ride

Old 05-31-2016, 03:45 PM   #13

@ Katflap: I also asked the dealer regarding the tires because I didn't find any tires in the dimension which I liked. He told me the original tires can be ordered by him (respectively ROMET). If you need already tires it could be an option to contact them and see what happens. At least their page is available in English but I didn't see any dealers on the map.

Regarding the alternator I would like to stay with the stock light (or maybe the original LED light in the future) and rather add some additional lighting if necessary since the colleagues from the race management are not amused if you "tune" your lighting without a proper E number and trust me here they check for not approved LED upgrades. Additionally I will face problems with the regular tech inspection.

On the latest advertisement from Zongshen they promote an 18 coil stator. So I assumed this would be the 300W setup. On taobao you can buy an 18 coil stator and the corresponding charge controller (see links). My assumption was that this is enough for the upgrade. Maybe somebody has a deeper knowledge on this. Do you also need to replace the rotor?

https://world.taobao.com/item/408034....ZZ8Tgt#detail

https://world.taobao.com/item/429153....ZZ8Tgt#detail

@ everybody: I will check the connectors but to be sure if somebody with a CSC bike opened the left engine cover and took some pictures I would be really happy to see them. Additionally I would be curious if there is any parts number on the charge controller of the CSC bike so I could compare.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

@ everybody: I will check the connectors but to be sure if somebody with a CSC bike opened the left engine cover and took some pictures I would be really happy to see them. Additionally I would be curious if there is any parts number on the charge controller of the CSC bike so I could compare.
Ugh .. cant help there ... Maybe Weld or Spud can jump in.... I think you'll love the bike

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song