Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2016, 07:35 PM   #76

thanks for the report 2lz. How is your brother doing with his?

Our president would tell you that a 230 mile ride on the rx3 stock seat would be cruel and unusual punishment for isis.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-04-2016, 08:34 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
I called CSC and talked to the mechanic and he told me to go ahead and switch to the full synthetic at the 250 service. I asked what he recomended and of the 2 one was what I used in my ultra classic (castrol 20/50 full synthetic designed for harly on the front). after about 75 miles I couldnt believe how much it quieted down and the shifting got smoother. I have no problem finding nuetral. Congrats on the tag btw.
Good info Ron. I've got Mobil sitting in the garage waiting to go in at 500 but if my shifting doesnt smooth out after a couple hundred miles of it I'm gonna switch to something else. I'm at 250 and am tempted to change out now.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-04-2016, 11:56 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
Good info Ron. I've got Mobil sitting in the garage waiting to go in at 500 but if my shifting doesnt smooth out after a couple hundred miles of it I'm gonna switch to something else. I'm at 250 and am tempted to change out now.
page 40 on the service CD says first oil change at 250 mi.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:22 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
page 40 on the service CD says first oil change at 250 mi.
Glad you said something Ron ... I had it in my head it was 500. I'll get to it today

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-05-2016, 03:05 PM   #80

Good info Ron! Thanks. Unfortunately, I didn't get the manual with both bikes but it is available online at CSC. I need to download it.

I did my first oil change when I got it at about 85 miles on the clock, so I'm kind of "ahead of the game" at the moment. I think I'll start nosing around for some synth now. Our mini-Walmart in town has a very small selection of oils and nothing for motorcycles except the 15/40 stuff I grabbed.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350