Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2016, 03:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
Definitely understand not everyone uses or wants to be on facebook. I'll post a ride event here in Chinariders as well for the upcoming ride and definitely keep up to date on other issues. As previously mentioned by CSaddict we have someone on the page with an engine that failed and a harley dealership is doing the motor swap. Will be interested to hear the results of what and why the motor failed. We constantly share information from Chinariders on the FB page and will be great to do same here.
Thank you.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-09-2016, 04:50 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco Mouse View Post
Yeah, but no... it's been blocked on my computer since 2008
ha thats a long time without facebook. You live in North Korea I assume?

Yes the new feeds the trending stories and biased reports all the sponsored ads and cat videos on top of privacy issues etc etc. Definitely the WORST thing about facebook. But the best thing about facebook outweighs the negatives, at least for me, which for me is getting to connect with relationships whether its family or complete strangers that I otherwise never would of. I finished visiting a friend in Dallas recently because of FB. Met some awesome motorcycle buddies I ride with now because of FB and best of all get to see pictures weekly of my nieces and nephews that unfortunately live in other parts of the country. To each his own though and Im thankful for Chinariders when I need real help and information.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:29 PM   #18

On both, found them the other day. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by Rodtheviking; 05-10-2016 at 12:09 PM.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:48 PM   #19

Facebook page update I thought I would share. THIS has to be one of the better stories of CSC's customer service that I have seen. They went over and above and then some, and as we all know they have some great examples so far. Here is the text and for those who want to see the pictures it is a public facebook post they can access here:

https://www.facebook.com/AndrewCPain...09788447451739

"I know people have been asking what happened to Rabbit on the way to OX West, and what CSC did to get us back on the road. In the wonderful chaos of the event, I have been slow to share. Sorry.
So, to recap, Rabbit had been stalling at idle in the morning. I suspected loose valves and planned to adjust them. I did, in a scary motel parking lot while hookers looked on interestedly. Actually, they didn't really look at me at all, just setting the scene. As I was working it started to rain, and I rushed the end of the job to avoid water getting into the engine. But the bike ran fine and I was back on the road.
At the toll stop between Tulsa and Oklahoma City, Rabbit stalled again. I stopped at the oasis, but there wasn't much there and so I decided to ride on and redo the valves. This was a mistake, and 16 miles later I was dead on the side of the road.
I posted my misfortune, mostly because I wasn't having any luck contacting OX staff that my arrival was in question. I have to take a minute and say thanks to all the offers of help, tows, lodging, and service I received on the side of I-44. The motorcycle community rocks.
CSC, however, made the amazing offer to cover the rental of a Uhaul to Flagstaff, and there they would replace my engine and get me back on the road. They did this knowing no more than something in the top end had failed. I was stunned by the offer and, after a brief talk with my wife back home, accepted. A Uhaul was rented, Rabbit was gotten to the pickup location, and we were headed to Flagstaff.
Uhauls aren't the most comfortable, even less than I remember, but we arrived and I left Rabbit at the hotel the CSC staff would be staying at for the weekend, then got to the venue for Overland Expo West, where I did my best to answered questions about the RX3, and reconnect with my over landing friends. Some of them I only see at this event, and some faces are missing as they wander on and off the continent. CSC loaned me a 2016 RX3 for use in classes and events, another little piece of generosity.
In the mean time Gerry, their mechanic, got Rabbit back together. He learned that I, while rushing to get the valve covers back on, hadn't fulling tightened one of the lock nuts on the exhaust side. This had take out it's valve, and gotten on top of the piston.
It was a mess in there, and I wondered what CSC was going to say after all the effort they had put forward to get me moving again, learning it was my mistake that caused the failure in the first place. But I didn't have to worry. CSC stood by every commitment they'd made, covering all the costs as promised.
I had mentioned lasst year that I wasn't able to speak to the service from CSC as far as parts and support, since I hadn't needed to deal with it. I still wouldn't have, but for one nut I didn't tighten. And I am willing to say my results might not be typical, but I will say I am floored by the effort CSC puts behind their machines and any uncertainly I might have had about their willingness to keep their bikes on the road and moving is now completely gone.
Sorry for the long winded post, here are some pictures to make up for it."

Old 05-24-2016, 10:42 PM   #20

Thanks for sharing the great story of CSC customer support.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-25-2016, 02:27 PM   #21

superdude, That story kind of reminds me of the Maytag repairman with nothing to fix on most of our bikes. Glad when something does come up CSC is on it.

rj