Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2016, 11:35 PM   #31

In Idaho we can take the bike to the DMV, or have a police officer visit your home to verify the VIN. The cost for either verification is the same, $5.00. Therefore, I had a police officer visit my home to verify the VIN while I assembled my RX3. He filled out the verification form, which I later brought to the DMV with my bill of sale, and the MCO. Ten minutes after entering the DMV, I emerged with my license plate, and temporary title. The permanent title arrived in the mail about 7 days later.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-03-2016, 10:03 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Are you locked in their system , do they have your Vin number now? Guess you are in DMV purgatory waiting for an answer? You can't go to another DMV and try, I guess that is my question.
Perhaps I could have gone somewhere else. I only had Monday off, in PA the DMV does not do anything on Monday except ID cards. They send you to a Notary Tag place to do all registration. I could have driven to another Notary Tag place I guess, but at the end of the day it may have worked, or it may have not. Everyone with a RX3 or TT in PA that I have connected with on Facebook told me different stories. So, at the end of the day Pennsylvania is in inconsistent with how they process tags for these bikes.

Here is my email to the Notary Tag place I went to called Malvern Auto Tags:

"Morning guys! I had spoke to the other PA owners of the same 2015 or 2016 RX3 Cyclone (Zongshen). One guy that lived in Harrisburg went directly to the DMV with same paper work I had and got plates on the spot. The other guy lives in Allentown and went to a Notary Tag place, just like Malvern Auto Tags and walked out with a plate as well. I was just curious how that could be, while I had to submit everything to Harrisburg.
Not sure if there is anything that can be done at this point, but I thought I would bring it to your attention.

Here is how they responded to my email:
I attached a pdf from PENNDOT that explains why we are not able to issue a tag immediately. It shows the types of Makes and VIN#s that we are able to issue tags over the counter for. Based on the info on the Certificate of Origin (aka title) your bike did not qualify for tags. Sorry for the delay in response but please feel free to give me a call for more details.

Thanks!
Mallory
With all this, I just have to wait. Just sucks.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 05-03-2016, 11:21 PM   #33

This is the old right hand left hand saying. Bungling bureaucrats.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-04-2016, 12:30 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
Perhaps I could have gone somewhere else. I only had Monday off, in PA the DMV does not do anything on Monday except ID cards. They send you to a Notary Tag place to do all registration. I could have driven to another Notary Tag place I guess, but at the end of the day it may have worked, or it may have not. Everyone with a RX3 or TT in PA that I have connected with on Facebook told me different stories. So, at the end of the day Pennsylvania is in inconsistent with how they process tags for these bikes.

Here is my email to the Notary Tag place I went to called Malvern Auto Tags:

"Morning guys! I had spoke to the other PA owners of the same 2015 or 2016 RX3 Cyclone (Zongshen). One guy that lived in Harrisburg went directly to the DMV with same paper work I had and got plates on the spot. The other guy lives in Allentown and went to a Notary Tag place, just like Malvern Auto Tags and walked out with a plate as well. I was just curious how that could be, while I had to submit everything to Harrisburg.
Not sure if there is anything that can be done at this point, but I thought I would bring it to your attention.

Here is how they responded to my email:
I attached a pdf from PENNDOT that explains why we are not able to issue a tag immediately. It shows the types of Makes and VIN#s that we are able to issue tags over the counter for. Based on the info on the Certificate of Origin (aka title) your bike did not qualify for tags. Sorry for the delay in response but please feel free to give me a call for more details.

Thanks!
Mallory
With all this, I just have to wait. Just sucks.
I'm sorry to hear of your bad luck. I guess you will have to wait, but I'm still confident you will eventually get a license plate for your RX3.

Based upon your experience, I would suggest one should wait for Tuesday to arrive, and then go to the local DMV.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-04-2016, 08:37 AM   #35

Dont worry, youll get it. If anyone has had trouble tagging i have. It,ll all work out.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:56 AM   #36

glad i live in vermont whole thing took 5 min. and that was before my bike came just paperwork from CSC

Old 05-11-2016, 09:03 PM   #37

I GOT MY TAGS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!! wahoooooooooooooooooo

BEST DAY EVER! Now I can actually ride my bike!

Pay it Forward!

Old 05-11-2016, 09:39 PM   #38

Quote:

EXCELLENT NEWS! But what are you doing writing to us to tell us? Shouldn't you be out riding around and taking photos for proof that the tags actually came in?

Have fun on your RX3!

Old 05-11-2016, 10:50 PM   #39

Congrats!!!!

Old 05-11-2016, 11:18 PM   #40

Thumbs Up

I thought it was a real drag when you missed that meet last week without your new rx3. So nice to here the happy ending. Same great feeling here when I landed my plates!
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-12-2016, 12:26 AM   #41

Good for you Madsocial! Sorry for your troubles

Old 05-12-2016, 12:42 AM   #42

Quote:

Congratulations.

I never doubted you would eventually get your license plate, despite the worst machinations of the PRP (People's Republik of Pennsylvania).

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-12-2016, 08:01 AM   #43

Quote:

Congratulations ....... Now go RIDE

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-12-2016, 11:20 AM   #44

Congrats!!!! That's great news!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-12-2016, 10:49 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Congrats!!!! That's great news!
Thanks friends. I actually have been keeping at my in-laws. So, I'm going to go get it on Saturday morning. Gosh, I hope the battery starts! #smh

Pics to come!

Pay it Forward!