Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2017, 01:36 PM   #1

Where have you bought a Hawk/Enforcer?

So, I had a really bad experience with www.apscusa.com, they are basically online shysters...and now I'm very skeptical about buying anything mechanical online.

Therefore my question is where, in the last month or so, has anyone purchases a Hawk or an Enforcer online and NOT had any issues? I NEED to find one for my son before his 18th birthday. I've got a month.

Thank you in advance.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:29 PM   #2

got mine off of ebay last fall no problems neber had to contact anyone about anything. looks like they are going to be hard to get until june or july.
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 04-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #3

contact Ricky Powersports and speak to Adam. ask him to recommend a retailer for you. http://www.therps.net/

personally, I bought mine from Superior Powersports. some have not had any luck with them. for me, it worked ok.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #4

There are one or two places that have them listed as in stock on their website, but I would try to call and confirm before placing an order. Most of the reputable shops are on pre-order/back order right now until the end of May-ish time frame. I placed my order through Killermotorsports.com, price to my door was 1299. Now I just have to wait for it to show up at my door... in a month.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:55 PM   #5

pay with paypal and if things go sideways you get your money back quickly.
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 04-28-2017, 08:08 PM   #6

I got mine from saferwholesale, it's got a remote start too haven't received it yet but I ordered it 4 days ago, they said it'll take 15 days. Then I have to give them the VIN to send me a mso. Seems weird but if I have issues with them you'll be the first to know.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAdam View Post
So, I had a really bad experience with www.apscusa.com, they are basically online shysters...and now I'm very skeptical about buying anything mechanical online.

Therefore my question is where, in the last month or so, has anyone purchases a Hawk or an Enforcer online and NOT had any issues? I NEED to find one for my son before his 18th birthday. I've got a month.

Thank you in advance.
Check saferwholesale they have hawk 2 listed as 250 saber same bike as a hawk but better gearing for on road use and 50state legal. I would call first tho

Old 04-29-2017, 07:33 AM   #8

That's strange. I ordered 2 Hawks and 2 Apollos from apscusa and everything went smooth as silk.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
contact Ricky Powersports and speak to Adam. ask him to recommend a retailer for you. http://www.therps.net/

personally, I bought mine from Superior Powersports. some have not had any luck with them. for me, it worked ok.
Adam is no longer working for RPS

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-29-2017, 03:18 PM   #10

Doesnt Alan at Excalibur carry Hawks culcune?

Old 04-29-2017, 04:50 PM   #11

The only bikes in stock at Excalibur are TGB scooters. The Brozz/Sharks were VERY close physically, but were drop-shipped as are the Magicians (and when RPS gets them, the Hawks). Pretty much every mail-order company is drop-shipping the most popular of the enduros right from the distributors. For some reason, some seem to have difficulty doing this, as we have seen numerous posts regarding ASPCA somehow dropping the ball, Superiorpowersports, or Powersportsmax; either the shipping of the bike or the MCO/MSO At one point, RPS had numerous Hawks sitting at a warehouse they were co-leasing from a motorsports distributors in So. Cal. and Alan physically drove and picked up a couple of them for a dealer (Excalibur's main business with TGB and with Chinese motorsports is wholesale to dealers), but RPS was losing too much money storing the bikes there and shipped them all out to Texas (I think room was one of the reasons they moved locations in Dallas). Even though Adam Renkleff (the dealer rep from RPS who used to be a member here and was very accommodating) left RPS, Alan has gotten to know the new guy (can't remember his name) so is comfortable in dealing with RPS if anyone needs a Hawk (when they get them) or Magician.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-29-2017, 05:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTech View Post
That's strange. I ordered 2 Hawks and 2 Apollos from apscusa and everything went smooth as silk.
When was this? It seems as though they suddenly went 'bad' in a relatively short period of time. If I remember your posts, it was mere months ago, but the past month or so has seen them take a turn for the worse. Seems they were hit or miss leading up to the Christmas season in November--some had no issues, but I remember one guy ordering two Vaders a few weeks before Christmas, and not getting them until early January. Those who had issues were not as mad at the timing, but the communication, or lack thereof, when there were delays. Then there were those who ordered, had money charged, and then had to get a charge-back for some reason or another for their Enforcer order. That was relatively recently. A few members here experienced that. But, yes, like your order, if you were 'at the right place at the right time' there would have been successful transactions.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-29-2017, 08:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
When was this? It seems as though they suddenly went 'bad' in a relatively short period of time. If I remember your posts, it was mere months ago, but the past month or so has seen them take a turn for the worse. Seems they were hit or miss leading up to the Christmas season in November--some had no issues, but I remember one guy ordering two Vaders a few weeks before Christmas, and not getting them until early January. Those who had issues were not as mad at the timing, but the communication, or lack thereof, when there were delays. Then there were those who ordered, had money charged, and then had to get a charge-back for some reason or another for their Enforcer order. That was relatively recently. A few members here experienced that. But, yes, like your order, if you were 'at the right place at the right time' there would have been successful transactions.
This is why I was hoping Alan could deal them, most of the other dealers have no customer service. They all tanked so fast. Everyone at the forum needs to pool their savings so we can open a reliable dealer

Old 04-29-2017, 09:05 PM   #14

Call him and bug him--it might get him motivated to meet the distributor in person since he is in relatively close proximity to them (probably 12 miles or so each way, but 5 hours in the greater metropolitan area of Los Angeles's so-called 'Inland Empire' ).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-29-2017, 09:13 PM   #15

I mean for as much trouble it would be for him would probably be paid ten fold from forum viewers that see "oh hey I got a hawk and didn't get a mangled mess" or "I ordered parts and they were previously used scratched and dented" he probably wouldn't take a month plus to receive paper work from either!