Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #1

Gio Beast Back Brakes Have Tryed To Bleed But Nothing

ok so i posted befor about back brakes not workin since atv came out of box... and was told to try and bleed them... well that dont seem to work and we spent the day tryin to fix the brakes in the back end of this atv... what it seems is that the master cylinder (where back brake pedal hooks to) does not seem to be pushing the brake fluid tho... i have looked on the gio site and they dont seem to offer this part so now what... other then that the atv is great runs perfect love it .. but this brake prob is going to do my head in... any idea of parts that would fit or even where to get one..

ps... the reason i say it dont work is bc i have had it off and poored the fluid in and pushed it by hand an watched as nottin happened .. anyways any help would be great thanks

Old 07-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #2

ok so here is and update ... gio (website) does not stock this part from what i can see as of yet but they do have them on ebay..http://cgi.ebay.ca/NW-ATV-BIKE-QUAD-...3286.m20.l1116
if link still works.. but the reason im postin is to just let everyone no that i have been in contact with gio tho website and there going to send me hole new brake system free but i pay 15us shipin ... none the less i just want to point out that even tho gio seems to have its fair share of small probs i have never been unhappy with this atv and dealin with john has been nottin but great... even a big name dealer ship i dont think would be as willin to right the wroungs once you leave there shop with your product anyways just letin u all no if u need brakes tho email or ebay you can get ..

Old 07-23-2009, 01:49 AM   #3

BLEEDING BRAKES

HELLO , I sell the ZSTAR line of quads.. and a lot times the rear hyraudlic brakes need bleeding .. these ones are self bleeding .. and how to bleed them is by .. 1.. take the cover off .
2 .. put a cloth of cover under the brake reserve... to protect the bike from splash
3 .. slowly move the lever a small amount.. you should see little bubbles coming from the bottom of the reserve..
4 .. do this until it bleeds.. you may have to move it a full stroke.. but usually it just bleeds when you move it a little to uncover the port ..
It works for me... good luck
ZSTAR DEALER IN SASKATOON