Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2009, 12:11 PM   #16

Yes, the are not aligned at all. Weldandgrind I can not hammer it in place since there is a huge difference. I don't know how this happened during shipping but I will contact John for a replacement. The one he sent me was too big for it to fit in. I just took the bearing and the seal from the one he sent me in order to repair it. Ooooo, my god, now I have to do it all over again. Also how do you remove your bearing. I tried removing one last time but it was stuck. Looks like I will need to heat it up with something. Looks, like I will have to buy those mini butane burners which they sell on ebay.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:12 PM   #17

Also weldandgrind what would you suggest for the bushing on the 110cc.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #18

Yozalo, there are two things to note here:
1. It's not that bad. You can fix it.
2. It's the swingarm that's bent, not the axle.

Prop the quad up on a jackstand / block of wood / cinder block (whatever); support it under the fame, not the swingarm. Remove the disc brake caliper from the swingarm and carefully attach it to the upper frame area under the seat, using zip ties or a piece of wire.

Remove the rear axle. Once that's done, you'll see clearly how the right side chain adjuster must be put back into position, so that it looks like the left side. It looks as though the swingarm was hit by a forklift during loading (that happened to mine too).

Once you get the chain adjuster bent back into shape, mount the axle on the swingarm and tighten / loosen the chain adjusters until the two sprockets are in line. Nothing else matters at this time.

Once you have the sprockets in line, we'll worry about the next step.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #19

Ok, thanks. I will try that today or tomorrow.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
yozalo and TurboT,

Is it me, or is the right chain adjuster bent on Yozalo's quad? Check out these photos:

That would certainly account for the difficulty in adjusting the chain. Yozalo, see if the right side chain adjuster can be bent (gently) back into place. Once that's done, you should be able to adjust the chain properly. It is most important to have the front and rear sprockets in line so that the chain will track smoothly. After that, we'll concentrate on proper chain tension.

Cheers!
I agree the chain adjustor is bent way in to far on the left. However it does look like Yozalo is missing something in between the sprocket and the swing arm. Spacer/bushing. Maybe it's the angle of the photos, but it does look like the sprocket needs to move over more.

Either way, the axel needs to come off to fix the bent chain adjustors, as well to put any missing piece in there.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:31 PM   #21

Yes, there is something missing. I will put the busing in which I forgot to put.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:22 PM   #22

Also did you change you brake fluuid as I just checked and it smells like fishing oil.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #23

No I left mine and my brake on the 110cc works like crap, I should look into it..

Want to get the carb sorted on the 50 then will look at other things..

Old 06-22-2009, 10:10 PM   #24

Don't waste your time trying to fix the 50cc carb. I changed 2 carbs already before I sold it. It would go by itself. Get a minkuni carb, it's worth the price.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:09 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozalo
Don't waste your time trying to fix the 50cc carb. I changed 2 carbs already before I sold it. It would go by itself. Get a minkuni carb, it's worth the price.
I can't have it that way I have no way to govern the speed for my daughter with it the way it is. It is over fueling should be able to fiddle with it some to get it right.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:34 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
I agree the chain adjustor is bent way in to far on the left. However it does look like Yozalo is missing something in between the sprocket and the swing arm. Spacer/bushing. Maybe it's the angle of the photos, but it does look like the sprocket needs to move over more.

Either way, the axel needs to come off to fix the bent chain adjustors, as well to put any missing piece in there.
Good catch. The more I compare the photos, the more I agree that the space between the sprocket and the axle housing is tighter on Yozalo's than TurboT's.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #27

I bought a 9 pc mastercraft wrench set at canadian tire for $8. I will be fixing it today. Will report back.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozalo
I bought a 9 pc mastercraft wrench set at canadian tire for $8. I will be fixing it today. Will report back.
I would like to make a suggestion on tools. It pays to by some decent ones like husky or craftsman. Don't need snap-on, but sometimes the inexpensive ones will do more damage than good.

Not that the $8 set won't get you by, but if you plan to USE them they may not last. Tip from someone who has destroyed alot of tools.

Allen

Old 06-23-2009, 03:36 PM   #29

I don't use tools often it's just for my Chinese atv and nothing else. If it ever were to break I can return it within 30 days. Also it comes with lifetime warranty.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #30

I use them all them time so I see them as an investment. They make me money. If they work for you that is good. If someone wants to be able to do their own work on a china ride having some good tools help.

Allen