Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2015, 01:19 PM   #1

Investing $9 million in Zongshen tonight

$9 million pesos that is. You guys and your damn positive reviews and good times have pushed me over the edge. Going to start the process tonight after work. I am told it will take 3 to 5 days before I can ride it home from the dealer. I guess similar to your wait time for shipping. I will be counting the minutes until I get the call to pick it up. They are now selling Version 2 here which I am told is just some bolt on accessories. They havent made any changes to the mechanics. Here in Colombia they are sold under the AKT brand. They have a national dealer network and a service center in just about every city. They are famous for small bikes but have a less than favorable past as far as reliability. This is their first ¨big bike¨. I believe their next biggest is a 180cc. Of course ours is carbureted and does not come with the full luggage. The new version 2 comes with a sturdy steel, lockable trunk and a tank bag along with other metal protection for the bike. Will post pics as soon as I can and cant wait to jump on and ride. Already plannng a camping/riding trip with a buddy thats buying my old bike for December. We have 6 weeks vacation from school and I want to take advantage of as much of it as I can. Just need to get the bike and get it broken in first.

A big thank you to all that share their experiences and wisdom here. It has helped me tremendously in making my decision to buy. Looking forward to sharing more with the community in the future.

http://www.aktmotos.com/motos/turism...0-tt-adventour

Old 11-17-2015, 02:15 PM   #2

Congratulations! Welcome to The Cult of The Zong, Mike.

Please post photos after your receive your new bike.

P.S. The title for this thread is very ingenious.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-17-2015, 02:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaMike View Post
$9 million pesos that is. You guys and your damn positive reviews and good times have pushed me over the edge. Going to start the process tonight after work. I am told it will take 3 to 5 days before I can ride it home from the dealer. I guess similar to your wait time for shipping. I will be counting the minutes until I get the call to pick it up. They are now selling Version 2 here which I am told is just some bolt on accessories. They havent made any changes to the mechanics. Here in Colombia they are sold under the AKT brand. They have a national dealer network and a service center in just about every city. They are famous for small bikes but have a less than favorable past as far as reliability. This is their first ¨big bike¨. I believe their next biggest is a 180cc. Of course ours is carbureted and does not come with the full luggage. The new version 2 comes with a sturdy steel, lockable trunk and a tank bag along with other metal protection for the bike. Will post pics as soon as I can and cant wait to jump on and ride. Already plannng a camping/riding trip with a buddy thats buying my old bike for December. We have 6 weeks vacation from school and I want to take advantage of as much of it as I can. Just need to get the bike and get it broken in first.

A big thank you to all that share their experiences and wisdom here. It has helped me tremendously in making my decision to buy. Looking forward to sharing more with the community in the future.

http://www.aktmotos.com/motos/turism...0-tt-adventour

correct me if I am wrong but 9 million pesos is like $537,716.34 I think you are over paying

Old 11-17-2015, 02:51 PM   #4

hahaha a little farther south and a lot less value....Colombian Pesos. Its been hovering around $3000 COP per USD. Soo are you saying all the great things you guys have said about the RX3 doesnt make it a good value at $537K

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmaine View Post
correct me if I am wrong but 9 million pesos is like $537,716.34 I think you are over paying

Old 11-17-2015, 03:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaMike View Post
hahaha a little farther south and a lot less value....Colombian Pesos. Its been hovering around $3000 COP per USD. Soo are you saying all the great things you guys have said about the RX3 doesnt make it a good value at $537K
sorry wasn't thinking Colombian

Old 11-17-2015, 05:50 PM   #6

Congrats! I like the black and brown/copper color options AKT offers. What color are you getting?

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 11-17-2015, 06:32 PM   #7

I'll take those 9 million (argentine) pesos and give you my Touring (rx3 in Argentina) for a change.

Good luck with your new ride!

Old 11-17-2015, 07:54 PM   #8

It feels like Christmas!!!

Name:  250 tt.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  21.3 KB The deal is done. Still in assembly. Hopefully if all goes well I can pick it up on Friday. I had to have the white one as soon as I saw the first pic. The dealers have all been out of white the last few weeks that Ive been browsing. The brown is different and I wasnt sure that I liked it but the fact that you dont see many made it interesting but not enough to take it. Decided today on the black and when I arrived at the dealer they had a white fresh off the truck.
Name:  250tt 4.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  96.4 KB
Welcome to China/India/Colombia bike heaven. Yes, thats brand new bikes stored outside in the rain

Old 11-17-2015, 08:07 PM   #9

Congrats! Its painful to see those brand new bikes sitting in the rain but I guess thats what their made for. They are called adventure bikes after all.

/

Old 11-17-2015, 08:39 PM   #10

Congrats! The white bike looks great!

Agreed - a little painful to see the bikes in the rain, but I suppose they'll see more of that, mud, dirt and all sorts of things when owners really use them.

That's an interesting copper/brown color. Thanks for taking a pic of it! Not sure that'd be my first (or second) choice, and I'd want black graphics with that color instead of white. But that's me. I'm sure someone will love that bike!

Old 11-17-2015, 10:28 PM   #11

Thanks for posting the photos, Mike. Your white book looks great.

I don't care for the brown bike at all.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-17-2015, 11:21 PM   #12

Congrats on your new bike, Mike!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-17-2015, 11:24 PM   #13

Congrats. Welcome to the club!
The white looks great. I noticed that it has a extra rear fender.
If the brown was offered in the US I probably would have gotten that.
Dan N

Old 11-18-2015, 06:47 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk47 View Post
Dan N
+1 I like that color

Old 11-18-2015, 07:30 AM   #15

Brown?

All I could think about looking at the brown is a line from a movie or TV show where someone says ...¨he's not very cool, he´s the kind of guy that would drive a brown Ferrari¨. Im old but I dont want to be that guy LOL
I do like the brown because its different though.

The rear fender is a new addition as part of their Version 2 or Full Version package that they are now adding to the bikes.

Lots more pictures to follow this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk47 View Post
The white looks great. I noticed that it has a extra rear fender.
Dan N

Tags
250cc, akt 250 tt, colombia