Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2015, 04:31 PM   #1

hensim 150 not going when in gear

Hey guys. Got my first issue figured out and the bike ran great one day and now it's now. We've taken the carb apart and cleaned it. Before we put the plastics on it we got the idle adjusted and it revved through the whole range. Put plastics on and now when you give it half throttle it sputters and dies. Its got a new spark plug as well.

Also when we put it in forward or reverse it wants to go but it won't at all. Any suggestions?

Old 10-11-2015, 05:44 PM   #2

Choke? Make sure its in full open position. Also make sure the throttle cable and throttle slide are installed correctly.

/

Old 10-11-2015, 05:51 PM   #3

It's got an electric choke on it throttle cable is good

Old 10-11-2015, 06:49 PM   #4

With an electric choke then I would be even more suspicious of the choke not operating properly.

/

Old 10-11-2015, 06:55 PM   #5

Why would the choke cause an issue w the idle or not wanting to drive

Old 10-11-2015, 07:20 PM   #6

Giving it throttle and it sputters and dies per your post above. This is a sure sign of a closed choke. Might not be you problem or your only problem but it would be the very first thing I checked if I was looking over your bike. And in the case of the throttle cable its very easy and very common not to get it installed in the carb slide correctly. Very common problem when people take their carbs apart.

/

Old 10-11-2015, 07:24 PM   #7

Is this a scooter? I don't know of any of the China enduros with an electronic choke.

/

Old 10-11-2015, 07:25 PM   #8

Ok. We unplugged the choke and had same issue. Is there a way to get ride of the auto choke and go w an old manual choke

Well double check everything tomorrow and see. Thank you for your suggestions and help. Its very much appreciated.

Edit. This is an atv

Last edited by bosgarage57; 10-12-2015 at 08:19 AM.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:05 AM   #9

https://translate.google.com/transla...082&edit-text=

Old 10-13-2015, 12:38 AM   #10

electric choke

the electric choke gives the carb excess fuel to idle and warm up... when the stator supplies enough 12 volt power the little needle moves maybe 1/8 of inch to cut off the port which is allowing the excess fuel to go into the carb... unplugging it still gives the excess fuel.. if it bogs when you try to move it .. it maybe a air screw adjustment... if you turn the air screw when it is running ... does it stall out??? if it does nothing then you have an air leakage.. then do the either or spray WD or brake clean around the carb base to check for leaks.. if you wanted to check your electric choke.. you could remove the check.. MEASURE THE LENGTH.... apply 12 volt power to the wires.. wait about 5-10 mins....MEASURE THE LENGTH AGAIN and see if the length is longer... this says your electric choke is working..

Old 10-17-2015, 07:25 PM   #11

Just an update. I ended up having to order a new carb and got it all hooked up. Ran great, restarted it and started doing the same thing so I unplugged the electric choke and it's ran awesome for 4 hours. Will ride it tomorrow to see. Hopefully it's fixed tho.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:43 AM   #12

choke

with a new carb.. I would think the choke is working.... unplugging the choke means the choke is in the excessive fuel postion... means you have a air leak... like where your carb mounts to the motor... sucking in air.... I would spray some brake cleaner .. or WD 40 around the hose from the motor to the carb... it is not suppose to run ok with the choke in the choke postion..