Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2016, 01:15 PM   #1

Qlink xf200 clutch

Hi everybody! I just picked up a 2009 qlink xf200! Only thing is the clutch is gone, I've heard that a drz125 clutch is the right one, but I want to know if anyone knows for a fact before I order anything! And also I heard the ebc drz125 clutch springs are a good upgrade too! Thank you!

Old 08-31-2016, 03:42 PM   #2

I've heard the same comments about the motor being based on the DRZ125, but can't personally confirm. I recommend that you reach out to 2LZ, since I believe he has a Q.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-31-2016, 07:37 PM   #3

Ok thank you! How can I find him? I searched for his username but nothing came up, sorry new to forums as I haven't really ever needed to be a member for anything previously thanks!

Old 08-31-2016, 10:14 PM   #4

http://www.xn--27-mlclar8c6av.xn--p1ai/files/3_1.pdf Fig. E10
Those starts w/ K157FMI = As GS/GN125...
Apart from those obviously worn in fraction plate /spring..., push rod cam /push rod/ Thrust bearing may also f***edhttp://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?430 ### Use JIS screwdriver!!! ###
http://translate.google.com/translat...3D1&edit-text= 18# & on

Old 09-01-2016, 12:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
http://www.xn--27-mlclar8c6av.xn--p1ai/files/3_1.pdf Fig. E10
Those starts w/ K157FMI = As GS/GN125...
Apart from those obviously worn in fraction plate /spring..., push rod cam /push rod/ Thrust bearing may also f***edhttp://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?430 ### Use JIS screwdriver!!! ###
http://translate.google.com/translat...3D1&edit-text= 18# & on

Yea I have the parts book(in English though) I know what I need for parts, qlink wants 50$ for friction plates alone, where as friction plates and steel plates for a drz125 are the same price from many places.

Old 09-01-2016, 12:50 AM   #6

I don't think you'll be able to get anything from Qlink. SSR may have the parts but will probably be expensive. I used to have an XF but never had to buy any engine parts. As far as I learned from here and Mychinamoto is that the engine is based on the 125 with a 197 or 198 head. Suzuki and Qlink parts diagrams match exactly when they are compared. I wonder if it's possible to find a dealer that has the parts in stock and you could bring in yours to compare.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 09-01-2016, 01:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
I don't think you'll be able to get anything from Qlink. SSR may have the parts but will probably be expensive. I used to have an XF but never had to buy any engine parts. As far as I learned from here and Mychinamoto is that the engine is based on the 125 with a 197 or 198 head. Suzuki and Qlink parts diagrams match exactly when they are compared. I wonder if it's possible to find a dealer that has the parts in stock and you could bring in yours to compare.
I've been talking to qlink for the past week, and they have the friction and steel plates in stock ready to ship to me, but it's 99$ for both, what scares me is the xf parts book shows 6 friction plates and I think the drz125 has 5(I've yet to research it further)

Old 09-01-2016, 07:55 AM   #8

Have you spoken with JP Motorsports? They are most likely the original dealer source of your bike, and deal with all other brands in their service dept., so perhaps have the parts you need, in stock?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-01-2016, 08:25 AM   #9

Non geuine parts http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=42000505904

Old 09-01-2016, 09:49 AM   #10

Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
Could you link me to the thread on how to translate taobao? I can't find it anywhere thank you

Old 09-01-2016, 10:59 AM   #11

I know people usually just use Chrome or Google Translate to get the basic info from the TaoBao website

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 09-01-2016, 12:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rv View Post
Ok thank you! How can I find him? I searched for his username but nothing came up, sorry new to forums as I haven't really ever needed to be a member for anything previously thanks!
I messaged him for you. I recommend that you don't buy anything just yet.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-01-2016, 01:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I messaged him for you. I recommend that you don't buy anything just yet.

Thank you! And yea I'm getting pissed of cuz taobao a alipay are being a pita, and I also messages him thank you again!

Old 09-01-2016, 03:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rv View Post
Hi everybody! I just picked up a 2009 qlink xf200! Only thing is the clutch is gone, I've heard that a drz125 clutch is the right one, but I want to know if anyone knows for a fact before I order anything! And also I heard the ebc drz125 clutch springs are a good upgrade too! Thank you!
You inspected everything, which is how you know the clutch is shot, right? Because in my experience, clutch cable problems account for about 50% of clutch woes. First off, Chinese clutch cables are not the worlds greatest cables. Second, dry clutch cables cause a lot of problems. Third, the routing of clutch cables must be very carefully done. A dry, or misrouted clutch cable will not release the clutch push-rod and cam or screw. This also causes problems. The clutch pushrod MUST be free of the clutch when you have released the clutch lever on the handlebars. When you drained the oil, was it real filthy?

Old 09-01-2016, 04:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
You inspected everything, which is how you know the clutch is shot, right? Because in my experience, clutch cable problems account for about 50% of clutch woes. First off, Chinese clutch cables are not the worlds greatest cables. Second, dry clutch cables cause a lot of problems. Third, the routing of clutch cables must be very carefully done. A dry, or misrouted clutch cable will not release the clutch push-rod and cam or screw. This also causes problems. The clutch pushrod MUST be free of the clutch when you have released the clutch lever on the handlebars. When you drained the oil, was it real filthy?
Yes oil was really dirty, I'm not new to motorcycles at all, and it simply slips when I get on it.