Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2017, 07:29 AM   #1

Rhino Clutch and Shifter Mod Suggestions?

Everything is going well now on the break in. Thanks again for all the great input! What I would benefit most from right now, are clutch and shift lever mods. I still have some issues with motor coordination from a spinal cord injury that mainly effects my left side. The clutch and shifter on my previous ride (Chang sidecar rig) was easier b/c it was a reverse clutch lever and the shifter was lower.

I've been looking at the shorty, ez pull clutch levers... different brands etc. I think this would be the ticket for the clutch aspect, but I'd like to find one that doesn't cost $90-250+. Suggestions?

On the foot shift, I don't know where to start. This thing is just WAY to high imo in general in relationship to where your foot sits. I'm used to foot pegs and the shifter much lower. Anybody know a way get it so my foot is sitting above it. Maybe for the heel part, I'd have to do some surgery on the foot rest. Maybe even a lever that compacts both up and down close together, so I could do both
with down kick with my toe.

Just to clarify, I can do it all now, but I can't do real fast movements, and bending my toe upwards is one of the weakest areas. I'd like to just get it dialed in as efficient as possible.