Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2022, 08:32 AM   #1

New member in MN

Hi all:
I got into motorcycles a few years ago despite being 'on in years'. After purchasing a Triumph, I picked up a Hyosung GD250R at a great price. Recently, I bought a Kayo TD125 for my son, which is a smaller size pit bike.
Now I'm looking for an inexpensive bike to ride trails at family cabin in Northern MN. Perhaps the collective wisdom of the group can steer me in the right direction.
Sincerely,
Kevin

Old 08-01-2022, 09:40 PM   #2

TBR7 been so great for me, $1508 from Walmart in 12/24/2021. Best buy i have done for a long time, very happy with this bike. Everyone really likes it, they can't belive the price.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:08 PM   #3

Thanks, buzz. I appreciate the feedback. It’s so hard to decide. The Kayo seem very well built. Trailmasters look good. Even a few Apollo caught my eye. I will have to read more on the Tao now too.

Old 08-04-2022, 08:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
TBR7 been so great for me, $1508 from Walmart in 12/24/2021. Best buy i have done for a long time, very happy with this bike. Everyone really likes it, they can't belive the price.
whoa, good deal! Are they still available there, in Walmart?

Old 08-04-2022, 08:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homegrown View Post
Hi all:
I got into motorcycles a few years ago despite being 'on in years'. After purchasing a Triumph, I picked up a Hyosung GD250R at a great price. Recently, I bought a Kayo TD125 for my son, which is a smaller size pit bike.
Now I'm looking for an inexpensive bike to ride trails at family cabin in Northern MN. Perhaps the collective wisdom of the group can steer me in the right direction.
Sincerely,
Kevin
Is it a 2017 GD250R? I know they're harder to get up North (there used to be a dealer in Indiana/Madison I think). They're also slightly pricier for you guys. What's your impression of the Hyosing, how much did you get it for? I barely seem them these days!
I was in MN a long time ago and the ADV/sport bike scene was not bad at all!

Old 08-07-2022, 08:26 PM   #6

Hi.
Yes, 2017 hyosung Gd250R. Fine little bike that has been solid since day one. I only have about one thousand miles on it, but great to commute to work. I’ve ridden on the interstate several times, but it’s not really great for prolonged travel that way.
Picked it up at auction for 1700 all in. In retrospect, I should have bought all three that day.
Fuel injection is nice because no need for carb tune ups and easy to winterize.
If you see one in nice shape, don’t be worried about quality.