Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2022, 07:04 PM   #1

Hello from Michigan

Welp, Live on a mile long sand road with POWDER pits. Some here call it sugar sand. Nothing sweet about POWDER. I call it exactly what it is, powder.

So my rebuilt virago 1100 had major issues bogging down and discouraged me to do what I love, riding. Was such a pain on my road just to get to the main paved.

I traded to a guy for a 2006 Zongshen V250. Clearly the kid has no real mechanical abilities. It's so bubble gummed together. No problem easy fixes and super simple bike to work on. My virago wasn't rocket science but definitely more complex to work on.

I've taken it up and down my road and it's night and day , love it.
First I've heard of Zongshen and unfortunately here in the states, dealership and support are just dead links now.
Apparently Zongshen didn't make a splash long here.
So any info you guys have or could point to let me know please.

Since it's easy to figure out most fixs aren't a problem. But I noticed a fuel line going down into a control box attached to the exhaust pipe, thats a strange setup.

I can't find any manual for stock sprocket sizes. I have no idea if 43 tooth is stock or not. Usually 45 is.

Would love to find side cover body parts for it and not to mention a spare motor that would fit even with slight mod.

Just glad this forum is still functioning and gets used.

Old 07-25-2022, 08:45 AM   #2

welcome to the forum. Not much chatter here on those bikes, but there are a few here who have been riding chinese bikes for a long time. hopefully someone can jump in to help out.

Old 07-25-2022, 11:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNMartin View Post
Apparently Zongshen didn't make a splash long here.
So any info you guys have or could point to let me know please.
The closest thing we have is CSC. They aren't THE 'official' Zongshen distributors, but their main line of bikes are OEM'd by Zongshen. although renamed to CSC branded bikes as Zongshen apparently wants to keep the name Zongshen available, apparently. I would start with them, but I understand that many members use a service called 'Aliexpress' (Sp?) to order parts directly from China. I am quite certain that there are an abundance of parts for your bike using a service like Aliexpress, although CSC might be able to source parts for you.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-25-2022, 07:05 PM   #4

Thank you both, I appreciate that. It's a start and better than Google which isn't much help lol

Old 07-30-2022, 11:50 AM   #5

X-pect doing well here in bama land. 150mi so far and all I,ve done is change oil twice ,adj valves they were tight, and adj and lube chain. Highly recommend lifan. Been riding over 40 yrs everything from BMW to yamaha. Just wanted a back road bike this fills the bill nicely.

Old 08-04-2022, 08:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNMartin View Post
Welp, Live on a mile long sand road with POWDER pits. Some here call it sugar sand. Nothing sweet about POWDER. I call it exactly what it is, powder
Welcome, and love the intro lol

Old 08-15-2022, 01:14 PM   #7

S.E. Michigan here

Bought a Lifan X-Pect. I'm finding some good info on this site. So I think you will like it