Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2021, 11:59 PM   #1

Picked up Chinese ATV, need help please, no power

I just picked up a Chinese 50cc ATV (not sure what it is) the other day, it was trying to turn over but wasn’t getting fuel, I ordered a new carb and while I was waiting I removed the fairings because I was going to paint them and I had to remove the ignition switch and like an idiot I didn’t disconnect it at the clip and instead I took it apart from the fairing and I thought I messed it up (it fell apart on me), because I put the new carb in tonight and went to start it up and I had nothing, no power at all…

Battery is good, brand new, fully charged, so I just assumed the ignition was bad cuz it fell apart on me and I attempted to put it back together, so I was doing reading online and said you could cut the wires and hot wire it to get power and start it, so I cut the wires and connected the red wire to the black wire, and still nothing at all.

I ordered a complete electronics kit with ignition switch for this thing.. any ideas on what it could be? I’m not fantastic with electrical stuff so bare with me.

Just weird to me that it had full power before and wanted to start but the carb was no good, so I switched that and now there’s no power at all (assuming I’m trying to hot wire this thing correctly)… new ignition should be here tomorrow and waiting for me when I get off work.. I’ll try to put that on but since my “hot wire” didn’t work, I have little faith it will actually have power after installing the new ignition switch.

There’s gotta be something I’m missing, any insight would be great, thanks.

Kids
MotoTec 50cc 2-Stroke
50cc ATV

Old 09-20-2021, 02:05 AM   #2

What were the other colours of wires on the ignition switch ?red should be battery power in ,black is usually lights horn etc ,you are missing a few other wires to your ignition switch to hot wire your bike

Old 09-20-2021, 06:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
What were the other colours of wires on the ignition switch ?red should be battery power in ,black is usually lights horn etc ,you are missing a few other wires to your ignition switch to hot wire your bike
There was 4 wires, I think one was green and I forget the other, I’d have to look when I get home from work in 14 hours, but by then the new ignition will be there so I guess I could try that.

Kids
MotoTec 50cc 2-Stroke
50cc ATV

Old 09-20-2021, 08:46 PM   #4

Yea, new ignition did not work, no power at all, I don’t get it.

Kids
MotoTec 50cc 2-Stroke
50cc ATV

Old 09-21-2021, 11:06 AM   #5

Got it working again, the fuse was blown and I had a new one here. Running and starting like normal now, just gotta adjust the carb now.

Kids
MotoTec 50cc 2-Stroke
50cc ATV

Old 09-21-2021, 02:07 PM   #6

Just bought a 2021 UTV that has a Delphi MT05 ECM. Want to be able to scan codes. Not sure but I think this ECM is not ODM2 compliant - is that correct? If so what is the best tools/methods to be able to access the ECM to read codes?