Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2018, 11:13 AM   #9

I had the exact issue of headshake on mine when I took my hands off the bars....it progressed to a terrible tank slapper that I fortunately rode out of at 70 on the highway. It turned out to be the headset bearing adjustment. To test, put the bike on the centerstand if you have one or somehow get the front wheel off the ground and the bike stable so if won't fall. Grab the bottom of the forks and give a pull towards you. If they move, they are too loose. To adjust, loosen the top triple clamp bold that holds the forks on the bike. then there is the big silver nut on the triple clamp. Loosen it a bit. Then you'll see a big nut with notches. That's the adjuster nut. Tighten it till the play is out of the fork but the forks still move nicely from side to side. Tighten the silver nut, tighten the bolts holding the forks. Done. If you don't have a tool to grab the adjustment nuts detents, no problem...get a punch or screwdriver in there and tap it around with a hammer.

Joe