Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2015, 09:04 AM   #1

Odes 800cc Dominator 4 UTV 2014 Special Edition

Hello China Riders,
I'm new to this forum and I found it from searching to remap my Delphi ECU after I did a few mods to my engine. I purchased a new 2014 Odes Dominator-4 a few months ago and I found another forum where guys have made lots of their own mods and upgrades. The mods I did to the engine are a completely new Two Brothers exhaust system that I wrapped and added heat shield (because the cab was getting excessive heat from the engine and exhaust) and I also cut out the cat. Next I re-routed the Air intake so it could breath, the original air filter was small and trapped under the engine cover where all the heat was rising. Now it runs amazing and I'm worried it is running lean, CARB emissions typically choke off the engine to run lean from the start so I'm looking to preserve my engine and add some extra fuel. In one of these pics you can see the original air filter and CVT vent, have the engine cover open with a vent only made the cab get hot from all this heat rising, I closed it off completely.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dom in Ridgecrest cropped.jpg (29.1 KB, 706 views)
File Type: jpg BMW Front header wrap.jpg (93.3 KB, 902 views)
File Type: jpg Extention pipe 2nd wrap.jpg (92.4 KB, 701 views)
File Type: jpg BMW rear header wrap.jpg (92.3 KB, 865 views)

Old 01-23-2015, 09:15 AM   #2

Old 01-23-2015, 11:36 AM   #3

Sweet UTV!

I like the work you've done to insulate the engine heat and re-route the CVT vent and air filter. Were you concerned about the CVT sucking water in? Do you think the cold air intake might catch water spray off of the front tire?

The 2 Bros exhaust sounds awesome.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Tags
dirtyutv.com