Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2016, 10:03 AM   #1

Vader Riders: Check your Crankcase Breather!

From day 1, my Boom 125cc Vader had high pressure issues. Whenever I'd go to check the dipstick, there was always quite a bit of pressure behind that cap. It was almost like opening a soda bottle.

At first I knew something wasn't right, but after awhile I started thinking, "well maybe that's normal for this engine." IT'S NOT!

This morning I had the chance to dig further into this issue and I was finally able to locate where the crankcase breather is. It's hidden under the motor mount on the left side of the engine (topside of engine). Whoever put this bike together tried to route the breather hose the opposite direction of where the breather outlet is facing and underneath of the motor mount (between the mount and the engine) so the hose was unable to pass the air through. Luckily, I was able to get to the hose without having to take the engine off. After rerouting the hose, now the bike breathes much better and there is no longer pressure behind the dipstick cap.

If you buy this bike, make sure you check all hoses and make sure they're routed correctly, especially the crankcase breather hose! I've already rerouted 3 hoses due to them being poorly routed. I just hope I didn't cause any long term damage to the engine by riding with that amount of pressure for 220 miles (noncontinuous).

I'll try to supply you guys with some pictures sometime this week.