Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2019, 07:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggl4321 View Post
Even with the mikuni carb?
Yes dude, carb tuned and with a pipe it is meh.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:06 PM   #17

Read through this.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24100

As for your question of leaving it out...

Depends on where you live... these small bikes are light. Very easy for people to pick them up and throw them in a pickup truck and drive off.

2 people would have no issues picking one up.

Old 11-22-2019, 05:43 PM   #18

Send a message via Yahoo to ikeus685
Lock for disc break

Quote:
according to belmonte motor, the icebear is illegal in california. -- it might be a different model than the icebear vader 2

Shoot, I really don't know what to do,

there are many times when I'd have to park it in public

and if I got one, I'm not sure if our house owner would allow us to have it in the garage.

Also, I'm in California, who should I buy through? Kronicracing?

eeek

I want one so bad, I just don't want it to get stolen.
My Venom Vader was shipped from Onterio Ca to Portland Oregon where she sits awaiting a local lift truck to deliver it over to the coast..
Any decent bike shop shop have or. rev/partszilla, cyclegear.com, ebay or amazon for around $15.00 lock that you can put onto the discs for your brakes.. With that in mind.. any narrow shank long reach padlock could do the same..Bike covers Not made with that cheap blue drop cloth material
can be had for under $30.00 from any of the above listed resources..
That California sun is damaging to the bikes rubber plastics, seats etc.
A lock and chain bike cover will do you good!

Old 11-22-2019, 06:00 PM   #19

Weight vs Horsepower

Quote:
Even with the mikuni carb? How exactly does an excessive load slow an engine down? The engine isn't exploding and ceasing. I'll be very disappointed ☹️
I am not going to go too deep here. Horse power is a measurable unit in which some engine can do so much work. Look it up if want to go deeper. Racers, off road riders and those interested in going faster know that the easiest was to go quicker/faster is to shed weight. Higher horsepower mods stress and require further maintenance and cooling.
A stock 125cc should do what you want the bike to do but, don't expect to reach freeway speeds. What I would do in your situation is talk to the dealership Both Venom and Konik should be able to do this for you.
Drain and replace the fork oil with 15 or 20 weight fork oil. Also ask if a stronger weight rear shock can be installed. The suspension on these Chinese
are already over-taxed as the normal Asian is around 150 pounds.
Find some place that will work with you. You don't want to finance?

Old 11-22-2019, 06:21 PM   #20

Heavy weights

Cause and engine to work harder. Just watch the heavily laden trucks vs the empty or bob tail tractors. If you are not needing to enter Hwy 5 or do long freeway distances. I wouldn't worry about engine mods at this time. Lots of back roads.. That makes the riding fun!
Check with whatever dealership you intend to purchase the bike from. If they would change out the front fork oil for 15 or 20weight fork oil. Also if they could put on a heavier spring to the rear shock or a complete heavier rear shock unit.
This isn't rocket science and you can easily find your self a decent commuter for
less than $2000.00. I paid $1399.99 assembled and delivered at least to Portland.
Sorry 1st entry didn't show when I went to check on it.

Old 11-22-2019, 07:18 PM   #21

Kronik Racing is the closest brick and mortar shop to him, but San Diego is a stretch for a ride. Pete told me he sold a Vader to a large guy (300 pounds) who rode it from Simi Valley to Culver City on surface streets. It took him 4 hours in rush hour traffic, but he called when he made it, lol. The advantage of Kronik is he is a California licensed dealer, so would take care of ALL the paperwork for registration for the first year. There is an Amtrak that runs up to Santa Barbara from San Diego (Pacific Surfliner, I believe), and perhaps the bike could be taken back to San Diego as cargo? I doubt it, however, but I have heard of stranger things!

BTW, the Google search that shows up for Kronik should be fixed. Pete found that ANYONE can mess with the Google search number (as in editing it) which is why the number was 'no longer in service') He has been having heated arguments on mini sites with other dealers, so thinks he was sabotaged, and has no idea how long the wrong number was offered. Of course, the phone number on the actual Kronik website is the correct one.

Edit: Not a bad deal for these considering this includes California registration fees, and taxes, and is assembled...if you look in the ad, he has 2019 models for $100 less https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...021517323.html

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Last edited by culcune; 11-23-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:10 AM   #22

He's not been on for almost a month, I'd just drop it, I think he got tired of hearing answers he didn't like.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:13 AM   #23

True.

Old 11-24-2019, 05:26 PM   #24

If you go to county imports and use promo code route66 you can get $66 Off the kp mini 150 while the TardSquad promo is running. We just put 2000 miles on them on 7 days without any issues. Well worth the money in my opinion. We plan to try all the stunt parts very soon. ✌🏻

Old 11-29-2019, 06:02 AM   #25

Kp mini is hands down the best grom clone 12.2 hp 8.7ftlbs torque 5 gears actually high quality parts . There is no argument that can validly be made how any other clone beats the kp mini . If you think there is the tech specs of the kp mini blow away even the grom specs

Old 11-29-2019, 06:03 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbz View Post
If you go to county imports and use promo code route66 you can get $66 Off the kp mini 150 while the TardSquad promo is running. We just put 2000 miles on them on 7 days without any issues. Well worth the money in my opinion. We plan to try all the stunt parts very soon. ✌🏻
That's right bubz let em know my dude

Old 12-02-2019, 08:01 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Df250rts.club View Post
Kp mini is hands down the best grom clone 12.2 hp 8.7ftlbs torque 5 gears actually high quality parts . There is no argument that can validly be made how any other clone beats the kp mini . If you think there is the tech specs of the kp mini blow away even the grom specs
KP mini quality is definitely better.

But... that's because the KP Mini is an original design. The Grom Clones (and SSR Razkull clones) were made to look exactly like the bikes they copy.

With the KP Mini, it was a bike that was designed from scratch.

So while the KP Mini and the clones are all minibikes/pitbikes/whatever category you want to put them in... the KP Mini is not really a clone. It should be seen as a competitor to the Grom. Just like the Kawasaki z125 pro, Benelli TNT135, SSR Razkull, Kymco Spade, Kymco K-Pipe, etc. etc.

Each of these bikes were an original design.

Old 12-03-2019, 01:16 AM   #28

I was impressed that Lifan used a 150cc vertical thumper with a 5-speed transmission in the KP vs. the 125cc horizontal engines with 4 speeds found in most minis, including the actual Grom or Z125 the clones are cloning. The Kymcos might have vertical engines, but I am too lazy and tired to look up what kind of engine they use.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-09-2019, 03:42 AM   #29

Lifan kp mini is better then grom ..take it from a 300lbs guy the kp pulls wheelies

Old 12-19-2019, 10:48 PM   #30

Seems to me the Benelli TNT135 is the winner. Dual spark head, more horsepower, more suspension travel, slightly larger for more comfortable ergonomics, Italian styling and still far less than a GROM. I'm not a minibike kind of guy, but if I was it'd be the one I got.

Charles.