Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2008, 05:36 AM   #16

Shocks

Shocks are cheap even if you don't win the one your bidding on .
They sell many there for under $40 that are really nice shocks .

By the way, it will raise that bike allot as I mentioned , but you may be in for some Modifications to get it to work on the frame , just remember that .

And yes, I know $40 is more than I have at times too, but if it was an American shock you were biddding on it would be $140 , so look on the bright side ?

Cheers, Kelly

Old 04-24-2008, 06:16 AM   #17

ImEasy

ImEazy ,
I am a bit envious of that Ohio Sunshine in your picture with a nice cold one in your hand. Life don't get any better than being at a race in the sun and drinking a cold one, whatever cold one you drink , coke, beer , ice tea, whatever .
You know, they do sell tickets with seats there !!!
I bet that was loud sitting that close to trackside . I like it !!!!
I did that at Sears Point ( Infineon Raceway California ) when I was a kid at a Can-Am road race, now those cars are loud. I can still smell the FUEL !!!!
We got airfare and tickets to next years Talledaga Alabama Nascar race in 2009 paid for already, two weeks with Dad next year, ought to be a hoot, again . Now that's a vacation man . Right on the start-finish line 39 rows up , you can smell the fuel and feel the car wind from those seats, very nice . I will be eating Crawdads and Catfish till I fall from the table

Cheers, nice pics by the way, I guess I will have to put one of me in my next photo spread with the pit-bike build from this weekend .

Kelly out

Old 04-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #18

Re: Shocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly5150
Shocks are cheap even if you don't win the one your bidding on .
They sell many there for under $40 that are really nice shocks .

By the way, it will raise that bike allot as I mentioned , but you may be in for some Modifications to get it to work on the frame , just remember that .

And yes, I know $40 is more than I have at times too, but if it was an American shock you were biddding on it would be $140 , so look on the bright side ?

Cheers, Kelly
Yeah even if I don't win the one I am bidding on I will get a new one before
long. I like the one I am bidding on as it is air filled as well which may be
nice to adjust it a tad bit by adding or removing air. Time will tell...

Yes I am aware of how much American shocks run. I paid over $500 for a
new one for my Buell back when I owned it. And that was cheap as they
went for over $700 at the time. 8O

Old 04-24-2008, 04:31 PM   #19

Re: ImEasy

Quote:
ImEazy ,
I am a bit envious of that Ohio Sunshine in your picture with a nice cold one in your hand. Life don't get any better than being at a race in the sun and drinking a cold one, whatever cold one you drink , coke, beer , ice tea, whatever .
It was quite the hot day out. My friend and I both ended up fried like
lobsters when we got home. There wasn't much shade while being able
to see the track. The Bud's were a flowing that day for sure. I drank well
over a 12 pack (16oz's) in just a couple of hours. Twas a good time!

Quote:
You know, they do sell tickets with seats there !!!
My friend received free tickets from Marlboro for the race so it didn't cost
us nothing other than for food and drinks. We could have sat in the bleachers
but they were very crowded and we don't like people that much... laughs.

Quote:
I bet that was loud sitting that close to trackside . I like it !!!!
I did that at Sears Point ( Infineon Raceway California ) when I was a kid at a Can-Am road race, now those cars are loud. I can still smell the FUEL !!!!
It was very awesome being that close to the track. Maybe 30 yards from it.
Very loud and the fumes smelt great! Here's a pic. Yes, that is Danica
Patrick.

Quote:
We got airfare and tickets to next years Talledaga Alabama Nascar race in 2009 paid for already, two weeks with Dad next year, ought to be a hoot, again . Now that's a vacation man . Right on the start-finish line 39 rows up , you can smell the fuel and feel the car wind from those seats, very nice . I will be eating Crawdads and Catfish till I fall from the table
Very cool. I'm not a fan of the Super Speedways, but I'm sure you will have
a great time. Wish I could get my Dad to a race again. He can't sit in the
bleachers long enough though due to a bad back. I did get to go to
Mansfield Motorsports Park in 2004, 2005, and 2006 for the Craftsman
Truck Series Ohio 250. We were four rows from the track on the back
stretch. Here's a pic of the biggest wreck in 2004. I was really happy to
see the late great Bobby Hamilton (#4 in the pic) win it in 2005.

Quote:
Cheers, nice pics by the way, I guess I will have to put one of me in my next photo spread with the pit-bike build from this weekend .

Kelly out
Thanks. Pics make everything that much better. I always look forward to
everyones posts. Allows me to see things I wouldn't have other wise.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #20

I was out in the garage just a bit ago and took the carb off and re-adjusted
it. While I have it off I decided to take the emission nipple off of the intake
and fill it with JB weld. Also took the tube on the front of the motor off and
cut it flush with a dremel and filled it as well. Have to wait until tomorrow
for it to cure before reinstalling them. I hope this along with the adjustments
(all the way down on the c clip and 1 1/2 turns on the mixture screw. It was
out one turn originally) wakes this thing up. It really seems to have a lot less
power than the 125's I had. I wouldn't think that 15cc's would make that
much of a difference. I will let you know tomorrow. Hope the rain stays
away long enough.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:00 AM   #21

ImEazy

Imeazy ,
it isn't at all that the 110cc has less power by much, it is you have drank that much BEER since you sold the other 125's and your slower now
You have added the 15cc difference in weight ratio times 1,000 plus a few more ounces .
That equals out to be somewhere in the mega gallon drinkery area , right between I need AA and I can still drive , now give me my darn keys .
We would have had a great drunk at the races together for sure . Still can and will if I am ever in Ohio , but I won't be drinking the booze . I will still have fun though, I can poke you with a stick when you fall over and pass out . Now that would be fun 8O

Cheers, kelly

Old 04-25-2008, 12:13 AM   #22

Re: ImEazy

Quote:
I will still have fun though, I can poke you with a stick when you fall over and pass out .

Cheers, kelly
This is an actual drunk waking technique in several first aid books :?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-25-2008, 12:55 AM   #23

Quote:
Imeazy ,
it isn't at all that the 110cc has less power by much, it is you have drank that much BEER since you sold the other 125's and your slower now
You have added the 15cc difference in weight ratio times 1,000 plus a few more ounces .
That equals out to be somewhere in the mega gallon drinkery area , right between I need AA and I can still drive , now give me my darn keys .
We would have had a great drunk at the races together for sure . Still can and will if I am ever in Ohio , but I won't be drinking the booze . I will still have fun though, I can poke you with a stick when you fall over and pass out . Now that would be fun 8O

Cheers, kelly
Man, you would not believe how correct you may be. I have definitely been
drinking more. My kids are 13 (son) and 15 (daughter). I have been a
single dad for over twelve years and they are really puttin me through the
wringer. I always heard that your kids will put you through more than you
did your parents. I believe that completely. Just for example my daughter
put me through H*ll today as she didn't come home from school for five
and a half hours. I really thought the worst as I see that on the news
everyday. Fortunately (?) I found her walking home with a boy. Trust me
she will not live this one down. It was the first time I have spanked her in
years. Man I hope I make it another four and a half years (son turns 18 ).

Yes I do attribute my drinking to my kids which I know is wrong. I used to
have a good life like you a long time ago. Unfortunately after my wife
passed my motorcycles have been my sanity check. I try not to be under
the influence while working on or riding my bikes. Bad excuse I know, but
they (my bikes) keep me from going nuts. The pitbike is my stress reliever
as I can go out in the back yard and tear it up without being a terrible
dad. Even if I can only ride it in circles. I try to be a good dad honest!

Yes I do envy you!!! And yes the alcohol has been flowing. Take Care...

P.S. I do not drink and drive since my DUI in 1988 (one month before I
met my wife).

P.S.S. Things will be better in the morning!

Old 04-25-2008, 04:37 AM   #24

ImEazy

ImEazy ,
Its nice to hear a Dad spanking a 15 year old girl, I like that . It ought to happen more often and it wouldn't have to happen at all . Kids, I hate em .
Just kiddng. I don't have any of my owne , thank God . Could you imagine what holy terrors to the world that would be ? Spawned from a crazy Alcoholic Indian Pollock ? The Humanity !
We do have a 21 year old Daughter, hers , that was quite the handfull since 14 . She is now a proffesional in retail , doing well for herself . Bosses her old man around like Stacey tries to do me. Apple don't fall far .
I wish they could just stop trying to change us ? What a waiste of there time, and mine . I can bend like an Oak tree but I will never bowe down to anybody unless they have a 44 magnum pointed at my head , then I will probably just spit in your face anyway .
Bummer to hear about your wife, that sucks . I lost my girlfreind to a Rice Rocket accident myself , so I know what you feel there bud . Bad part was, she was on the back of my buddies bike, doing stupid crap, speeding way to fast two up and hit a tree on an RD400 at near 100mph comming home from a Kegger party . Neither one felt a thing I am sure.
I sure did :(
Don't feel singled out drinking from stress, that's why most people do it. Problem is, most people are actually alcoholic by nature, not by disease really. It is just how we handle stress is all in this culture, or to unwinde .
Not a real good plan, but that's what we do becuase thats who we are, HUMAN . It is just hard not to drink when stuff hits the fan . I used to do it all the time . I am under massive stress right now with the sick dog and life, but I don't touch the booze because I know it won't help , BUT, it will hurt .
Don't be envious of me man , I am nothing to idolize by far. Just consider me an example of someone that pulled themselves out of the wreckage they themselves created for themselves by the GRACE of God. All I did was quit drinking, the happy part of life I know now just happened because of it . That's a God thing, not a Kelly thing . I am no preacher, teacher, philosopher , but I do know drinking will more than likely destroy you and all around you given enough time. It is a progressive little monster and disease . So watch out, it does push-ups in your head trying to kill you daily while you lay back and fall under its grip because you think you can handle it . It can handle you, not the other way around, trust me on that one . And don't get me wrong here, I am still a basket case man . I crave that suff daily, it ownes me and a little area in my brain , but I just don't drink , no matter what .
I win !!!!
I love my bikes, my girl and my life too much to mess it all up again is all . Stay busy, that's the key too. Work very hard too, that helps your self worth .
Well, thats enough of that 8O

Well, I am curious to see if your Carb settings helped or not on that bike ? I bet they will. I cannot imagine that thing running with only one turn on the air-fuel screw like it was . That would never work on that Mikuni ! Explains the lean out issue for sure . Part of it at least .

Why did you get rid of the Buelle ????? Cost of maintenance ? Although just being a very hi performance Sportster motor, I cannot see where it costs that much more than my Iron Head to maintain ? Except you pay for the name on a Buelle too I guess ? $700 for a Mono-shock ? Not on your best day would I ever pay that much for a shock . That would be like buying a Harley Davidson spark plug from the dealer at $12.00 , each ????
Not happening ! I like Buelles motor design , tried and true . Some of them get my big fat Ugliest bike award though , yuk, they made some monstrocities for sure . Got any pics ? They are doing great with that motor on the drag strip now though if your into watching the NHRA like I am ??? That's a stupid question, your obviously a Motorhead or you wouldn't have onwed a Buelle .

Well, let me know how your adjustments came out ? Will do you some good to get that running right, so at least you can do FAST circles in the backyard . Just imagine it's Bristol Raceway in the backyard and you'll be happy as a clam riding in circles .

Cheers, keep your chin up, it will get better if you make it better , remember that .

Kelly out

Old 04-30-2008, 06:02 PM   #25

Quote:
ImEazy ,
Its nice to hear a Dad spanking a 15 year old girl, I like that . It ought to happen more often and it wouldn't have to happen at all . Kids, I hate em .
Just kiddng. I don't have any of my owne , thank God . Could you imagine what holy terrors to the world that would be ? Spawned from a crazy Alcoholic Indian Pollock ? The Humanity !
Haha. Yeah I do believe in spanking's. Although it is becoming harder and
harder these days as the kids are getting bigger and stronger. The time
before this one I tried to spank my daughter she kicked me in the chest so
hard with both feet that she just about killed me.

Quote:
We do have a 21 year old Daughter, hers , that was quite the handfull since 14 . She is now a proffesional in retail , doing well for herself . Bosses her old man around like Stacey tries to do me. Apple don't fall far .
I wish they could just stop trying to change us ? What a waiste of there time, and mine . I can bend like an Oak tree but I will never bowe down to anybody unless they have a 44 magnum pointed at my head , then I will probably just spit in your face anyway .
Yeah I can see my wife in my daughter as well. She is about as bullheaded
as they come. Three more years!!!

Quote:
Bummer to hear about your wife, that sucks . I lost my girlfreind to a Rice Rocket accident myself , so I know what you feel there bud . Bad part was, she was on the back of my buddies bike, doing stupid crap, speeding way to fast two up and hit a tree on an RD400 at near 100mph comming home from a Kegger party . Neither one felt a thing I am sure.
I sure did :(
Thanks and dayum am I sorry to hear that. Life definitely isn't kind at
times. My wife was misdiagnosed by three doctors and had a brain
aneurysm that killed her. Quite a shame as she was a wonderful woman
and will be missed by the three of us for life. Glad to see you have moved
on. Over twelve years has gone by and I am still in a rut. Tried the dating
thing and was even suppose to get married again, but her true colors (meth
head) came out and she left. Best thing that could have happened. Better
to find out before saying I do. Pretty much decided to put all my energy
into raising my kids. One day I will find a good woman again.

Quote:
Don't feel singled out drinking from stress, that's why most people do it. Problem is, most people are actually alcoholic by nature, not by disease really. It is just how we handle stress is all in this culture, or to unwinde .
Not a real good plan, but that's what we do becuase thats who we are, HUMAN . It is just hard not to drink when stuff hits the fan . I used to do it all the time . I am under massive stress right now with the sick dog and life, but I don't touch the booze because I know it won't help , BUT, it will hurt .

Don't be envious of me man , I am nothing to idolize by far. Just consider me an example of someone that pulled themselves out of the wreckage they themselves created for themselves by the GRACE of God. All I did was quit drinking, the happy part of life I know now just happened because of it . That's a God thing, not a Kelly thing . I am no preacher, teacher, philosopher , but I do know drinking will more than likely destroy you and all around you given enough time. It is a progressive little monster and disease . So watch out, it does push-ups in your head trying to kill you daily while you lay back and fall under its grip because you think you can handle it . It can handle you, not the other way around, trust me on that one . And don't get me wrong here, I am still a basket case man . I crave that suff daily, it ownes me and a little area in my brain , but I just don't drink , no matter what .
I win !!!!
I love my bikes, my girl and my life too much to mess it all up again is all . Stay busy, that's the key too. Work very hard too, that helps your self worth .
Well, thats enough of that 8O
Yeah, I have been back and forth with my drinking ever since I was old
enough to buy alcohol. Honestly if it wasn't for alcohol I would have never
met my wife. So sometimes good things can come from drinking.

Recently I think it is the stress more than anything as I went almost ten
years with just a few drinking sessions. Usually when out with friends.
Winter doesn't help things either as there is not much to do when it is cold
around here.

Quote:
Well, I am curious to see if your Carb settings helped or not on that bike ? I bet they will. I cannot imagine that thing running with only one turn on the air-fuel screw like it was . That would never work on that Mikuni ! Explains the lean out issue for sure . Part of it at least .
Yes the adjustments went well. It doesn't pop anymore on decel, but does
stumble a bit on accel. I'm thinking another 1/4 to 1/2 turn of the mixture
screw should do it. Have to pull the carb again to find out.

Quote:
Why did you get rid of the Buelle ????? Cost of maintenance ? Although just being a very hi performance Sportster motor, I cannot see where it costs that much more than my Iron Head to maintain ? Except you pay for the name on a Buelle too I guess ? $700 for a Mono-shock ? Not on your best day would I ever pay that much for a shock . That would be like buying a Harley Davidson spark plug from the dealer at $12.00 , each ????
Not happening ! I like Buelles motor design , tried and true . Some of them get my big fat Ugliest bike award though , yuk, they made some monstrocities for sure . Got any pics ? They are doing great with that motor on the drag strip now though if your into watching the NHRA like I am ??? That's a stupid question, your obviously a Motorhead or you wouldn't have onwed a Buelle .
I decided I wanted a different kind of bike and jumped at the opportunity.
Here's a link to the new bike thread.
http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ghlight=#22826

Yes the shocks run anywhere form $100 dollars used to about $2,000 for a
new one. I think the Penske's are the most expensive. I got one on ebay
new for $250. Never installed it and needed cash so I sold it for $400. One
of the few times I really made money on anything I owned... laughs.

I am definitely a motorhead. Unfortunately I can't afford cable and have to
stick to whatever type of racing they show on the local channels. A few
more weeks and I won't be able to watch Nascar as they will go to the
cable only channels. Oh well, I'll just have to go out and ride!

Quote:
Well, let me know how your adjustments came out ? Will do you some good to get that running right, so at least you can do FAST circles in the backyard . Just imagine it's Bristol Raceway in the backyard and you'll be happy as a clam riding in circles .
Yup, fast circles. Yehaw. I do have a small hill in the back of the yard that
I can actually get this thing completely off the ground on. I will have to get
some video one day. It will make ya laugh I promise.

Quote:
Cheers, keep your chin up, it will get better if you make it better , remember that .

Kelly out
Yes sir, I always walk with my head held high. Life's too short not to!

Eazy Out (rofl, I sound like a tool)

Old 04-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #26

Well I did win the shock I was bidding on. I was the only one that bid on it.
Honestly couldn't believe it as I have never won anything I bid on. Anyhow
it arrived Monday, but it was way to chilly to go out and install it. I did go
out yesterday and mess with it a bit. The new shock is quite the bit bigger
than the orginal, but will still bolt into the stock locations.

It is however very tight in there. I am thinking about trying kelly5150's mod
to give it more room so it doesn't rub against the frame. Unfortunately funds
are few and far between at this point so I may have to run it as is? Another
bad thing is that the kick stand hits the swingarm with the new shock as well
I will have to come up with a fix for that as well. Will keep you posted.

Kelly heres a pic of the Buell for you. 1996 S2T. The first bike I bought
brand new.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:42 PM   #27

Oh Good Lord !

Oh Good Lord, my gal is going to love that picture of the Buell !
Her favorite color is purple, the color of the insaine dont ya know .

Glad you got the shock , looks good on it. That is why I had to Mod mine too, the frame . Easy, cheap fix doing it how I did it though . I may have $6.00 in it ? Plus now you got pictures of my mod to look at in reference if you want to go that direction ? Although you do need some tools to pull off that Mod . Grinder or belt sander , primer, bolts , good drill bits , etc, etc ......And about 19 hands to hold everything while you measure while tkaing the weight off the bike with shock unattached, even with a
jack .

Cool, glad you won something . Life aint all crap is it .

Cheers, Thanks for your post, kelly 5150 out

Old 04-30-2008, 07:36 PM   #28

ImEazy

ImEazy ,
I have a solution to all your problems , the young girl , the Non-Nascar watching soon too .

Trade her off to the Gipsy's for as much cash as you can while she still thinks she knows more than Dad does ( Which won't last long ) and buy some Cable for Nascar Season with the proceeds. Problem solved and you could probably have enough money left over for a couple Pony Kegs at that too as long as she is prettier than you of course , or your screwed .

Just a thought .

And another thought , is how did you ever see a reason to sell that Buell ???? Are you nutts ! 8O

Cheers , and let me know what the Gypsys say ?

I cannot imgaine life without Nascar ? That's like not being able to watch IROC anymore ? That's just depressing . :(

Good luck , and try to get as much beer money out of her you can .

Kelly out

Old 05-02-2008, 09:58 PM   #29

Re: Oh Good Lord !

Quote:
Oh Good Lord, my gal is going to love that picture of the Buell !
Her favorite color is purple, the color of the insaine dont ya know .
It was actually Buell's own color called Parkway Blue. The picture doesn't
do that bike justice at all.

I have a purple (Ford blue) and white truck as well. Wasn't planned that way.

Quote:
Cool, glad you won something . Life aint all crap is it .
Nope, just 95% of it... laughs

Old 05-02-2008, 10:16 PM   #30

Quote:
ImEazy ,
I have a solution to all your problems , the young girl , the Non-Nascar watching soon too .

Trade her off to the Gipsy's for as much cash as you can while she still thinks she knows more than Dad does ( Which won't last long ) and buy some Cable for Nascar Season with the proceeds. Problem solved and you could probably have enough money left over for a couple Pony Kegs at that too as long as she is prettier than you of course , or your screwed .

Just a thought .
I know how that one would go. An hour after the took her they would be
back asking for their money back.

Quote:
And another thought , is how did you ever see a reason to sell that Buell ???? Are you nutts ! 8O
Trust me I thought long and hard before getting rid of the Buell. I owned it
for twelve years since brand new off the showroom floor. Paid cash. It was
an awesome day let me tell you. The bike in my opinion was a pig. Not a
HOG like the 82 Electra Glide I gave my dad, but a pig. Everytime I was
able to get out and truly ride the bike it reminded me just how out of shape
I was. It was a heavy bike that used the Harley sporters controls. The
clutch would wear your left hand out in about thirty minutes of riding. When
I would get home from a ride I always had a BIG grin on my face. But ones
interests changed. When I found out I could own a unigue motard I was
sold. I am very pleased with the MZ I ended up with. It is really a blast to
ride. It fits me well also being a tall individual. The Buell was very cramped.
I will miss that bike like one of my kids, but am very pleased with my choice.

Quote:
I cannot imgaine life without Nascar ? That's like not being able to watch IROC anymore ? That's just depressing . :(
I have had to do without for the last couple of years. I just try to listen to
what I can on the radio and also check Nascar.com weekly. They do finish
the year on local tv so I basically miss the middle of the season. I try to
use that time to actually get out and ride as when the race is on I will sit
inside glued to the tube.