Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2020, 11:10 AM   #106

You lucky so and so! The tags for my 2020 Hawk DLX EFI cost me ~$122 in Washington State. The process was painless though. In and out of the licensing office in around 15 minutes.

g.

Old 08-31-2020, 08:18 PM   #107

NC passed again today. 2020 Hawk.
They told me 2017 and up is passable bcuz the Vin shows “motorcycle” instead of dirt bike like years previous.
So 2017-up is passable in NC

Old 09-06-2020, 02:53 PM   #108

No problem registering in Florida.

Old 09-14-2020, 01:12 PM   #109

Just got my tag today in Calhoun County MS...painless no problem

Old 09-17-2020, 02:39 PM   #110

You can add Missouri.

Need the MCO and an ID/OD inspection from any motorcycle inspection station.

Old 09-18-2020, 09:35 PM   #111

Please ad Mississippi to the list of accepted states for a Hawk DLX

Old 09-18-2020, 09:38 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEC249 View Post
Just got my tag today in Calhoun County MS...painless no problem
I am in Ridgeland MS, and my friend is in Madison/Starkville. We both have the Hawk DLX

Old 09-19-2020, 12:17 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonOnTheRez View Post
Please ad Mississippi to the list of accepted states for a Hawk DLX
There shouldn't be an issue with the Hawk DLX; it's the carbed Hawk 250 that is the issue in some states. I explained it in your introduction post. Once again, congrats on your new ride!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-21-2020, 11:54 AM   #114

I was able to get my hawk registered in Vermont. I had sent in all the required paperwork, mco, bill of sale, application and fees etc. They returned the mco and told me they don't title vehicles under 300cc. so i'm just waiting for the plates which they said were on the way. can't wait to legally drive it. I bought the hawk because of watching Motocheez, i've done a bunch of upgrades so far and it's running great. this site is awesome, tons of info and answers to questions. Keep up the good work.

Old 10-14-2020, 11:59 PM   #115

Well I bought my Hawk 250 (Not DLX) about a month ago. Was just told today at the DMV that it's "Not street legal" and will need to go the "Unconventional vehicle" route. I THINK they need two different stickers on the bike but I have no idea where to find them on the bike. Any info on this is really appreciated.

(I'm in Colorado by the way)

Old 10-15-2020, 05:42 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCoY View Post
Well I bought my Hawk 250 (Not DLX) about a month ago. Was just told today at the DMV that it's "Not street legal" and will need to go the "Unconventional vehicle" route. I THINK they need two different stickers on the bike but I have no idea where to find them on the bike. Any info on this is really appreciated.

(I'm in Colorado by the way)
You won't find the stickers. They are for street-legal motorcycles, which the Hawk 250 is not. I try to warn people in CO to NOT buy the regular Hawk (but I have heard of the 'unconventional route' which might take months if not a year from what I recall someone from CO discussing, so there might be hope). The Hawk 250 is certified by the EPA as an 'Offroad dirtbike' (vs. the DLX which is EPA/DOT certified as an 'On-highway motorcycle'). The MCO does come with 'Motorcycle' (vs. 'Dirtbike) written on it which might pass muster in some states to get it registered and street plated, but I have seen a few members from CO who researched getting Hawks plated, and I don't ever recall anyone having done so there. It might take a lot less than a year or even 1/2 year, so don't quote me on that. I guess you will be the Guinea pig. Since the bike does come with all street equipment, you have major conversion stuff out of the way already. It might be fairly streamlined. Keep us in the loop!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-16-2020, 12:47 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
You won't find the stickers. They are for street-legal motorcycles, which the Hawk 250 is not. I try to warn people in CO to NOT buy the regular Hawk (but I have heard of the 'unconventional route' which might take months if not a year from what I recall someone from CO discussing, so there might be hope). The Hawk 250 is certified by the EPA as an 'Offroad dirtbike' (vs. the DLX which is EPA/DOT certified as an 'On-highway motorcycle'). The MCO does come with 'Motorcycle' (vs. 'Dirtbike) written on it which might pass muster in some states to get it registered and street plated, but I have seen a few members from CO who researched getting Hawks plated, and I don't ever recall anyone having done so there. It might take a lot less than a year or even 1/2 year, so don't quote me on that. I guess you will be the Guinea pig. Since the bike does come with all street equipment, you have major conversion stuff out of the way already. It might be fairly streamlined. Keep us in the loop!
After further research, I do think you are right, and it will be damn near impossible to plate this bike with Colorado DMV, which really stinks. However, I sent all my documents and filled out forms to South Dakota today, and was assured on the phone that plating it wont be a problem. If Colorado doesn't want my money, I guess SD gets it. Hopefully it all goes through without a hitch, I'll let you know!

Old 10-18-2020, 10:44 PM   #118

Help getting TAG's for a Venom X22R...

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking about buying a Venom X22R here in PA. My question is has ANYONE gotten TAG's and been able to get it REGISTERED (HERE IN PA)???

If so HOW DID YOU DO IT??? OR WHERE DID YOU GO???

Thanks in advance for your help in this matter...

Take care...

Joe...

Old 10-19-2020, 06:45 PM   #119

UPDATE: My Hawk 250 (Carb version) Will be street legal in Colorado! (Technically)

Got the call today from the South Dakota dept of revenue! They took my tax payment of $100 and advised that my new South Dakota Motorcycle plates will be in the mail tomorrow morning, with the new title coming in 4-6 weeks! Colorado wanted me to jump through a bunch of impossible hoops just for the right to pay them, so I went to a state who was happy to take my money! Not only that, but the customer service person I spoke very pleasant and helpful, the total opposite of what I've experienced in Denver.

I think it's safe to say these bikes can for SURE be registered in SD, with this being a "workaround" for states like Colorado.

If you would like to know what county I went to in SD, please shoot me a PM for the contact info, it's a small town and I don't want them to get overloaded.

Old 10-20-2020, 11:30 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schutts View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am thinking about buying a Venom X22R here in PA. My question is has ANYONE gotten TAG's and been able to get it REGISTERED (HERE IN PA)???

If so HOW DID YOU DO IT??? OR WHERE DID YOU GO???

Thanks in advance for your help in this matter...

Take care...

Joe...
As Jerryhawk (our resident X22 expert) and others can attest, Venom are straight shooters to deal with, so will steer you in the right direction as far as their X22 getting registered in PA goes. The bike is technically 49 state EPA/DOT certified as an 'On-Highway Motorcycle'('49 state' generally means Californians need not apply as it is not certified by CARB) BUT I have seen some prominent online retailers lately state something along the lines of, 'This bike not legal for sale in California, NJ, and PA'. That being said, I have seen members discuss bikes not CARB certified that they were originally rejected by PA DMVs getting registered via off-site registration places. But, Venom probably won't send you the bike if PA will give that bike a hard time, so it would be best to call them first.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150