Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2023, 10:43 AM   #106

I don't know what the vibrations could be. I guess loose engine mount(s) could do it. I don't know if that Hawk has a counterbalanced engine. ??

Old 10-27-2023, 01:24 PM   #107

It dose not have counterbalanced engine,somethings wrong. Thought mine the trans was going bad, here the oring chain is bad.

Old 10-27-2023, 03:00 PM   #108

i was kidding about the JB weld. The vibration was the top motor mounts. Tightened them more. I think oil is old oil. Tightened them today and all is okay for now. thanks. sorry bout JB weld joke. I have to stay jovial.

Old 10-27-2023, 10:38 PM   #109

Okay so I am sending back this stupid torque wrench and ordering one of the old school ones that my limited skills can deal with. I think I need to torque everything down properly. The bike is running fine. That vibration was the upper motor mounts. I do not trust this wrench. I am getting an old fashioned one (like me) and I will sort it all out. The bottom line is this: the bike runs. I can get from A to B but winter is coming. Thanks again.

Old 10-27-2023, 10:43 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I don't know what the vibrations could be. I guess loose engine mount(s) could do it. I don't know if that Hawk has a counterbalanced engine. ??
thats the problem. I was afraid of my torque wrench but needed to get home that night so bike had to run. I took of the tank and tightened them all down but until I get a torque wrench I can trust, I will baby it. this is such a learning experience. I get it in my head that I can do something no problem, but the reality doesn't live up to my imagination. BUT. I am learning and this is the perfect way to learn. denial and error...i mean trial and error (sorry too many trailer park boys episodes in my brain). But that being said, I wont get upset, its all water under the fridge.

Last edited by Zapkin; 10-28-2023 at 07:35 AM.