Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #1

Parts from Tank...any problems???

Hey, gang;

Just wanted to know if anyone has had problems getting parts for their Tank motorcycle or scooter? Any run arounds while getting in touch with the dealer/manufacturer? Any kinds of problems at all with the quality, service, etc?

Something big is gonna happen soon....

Old 05-12-2007, 05:12 AM   #2

Hi olds_cool
Just about every Tank product has problems with parts even dealers can't get parts, let alone new scooters, motorcycles or atv's to sell, so who needs parts without product to sell...right???
"Redcat Motors" the company that Tank just purchased a few months ago has Plenty of parts. The Prior owner of Redcat Motors made sure we {dealers} had plenty of parts to repair the atv's we sold. We even have parts available that have not even had any failure problems, even though the Redcat atv's don't have a lot of failure problems. Some yes but not near as many as other brands.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 05-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #3

Thanks for all the info, Bruce. Some of us on another forum were planning on getting as many people as we could to complain to Tank so we could get some action out of them. Seems a lot of people are fed up...me being one of them!

Old 05-13-2007, 04:42 PM   #4

Hi olds_cool
Yes I saw the post on PSF. I personally don't think it will make any difference because Mike Turber just avoids anything negative and the Tank Big Wigs don't get on the forum. This is why the original Redcat Dealer forum was shut down because of the Big Wigs, they said there was too much negativity there. They just don't understand.....That forum is how Redcat Grew with the prior owner hearing our problems & concerns he would constantly be on there asking Us questions on how to Improve the product he was making so good!!!!!
We have a New Redcat Dealer forum but only to the thanks of one of our dealers.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 05-13-2007, 11:30 PM   #5

Man...that all sucks to hear, Bruce! I really hope Tank does step up. It's getting ridiculous! If they don't do what they are supposed to for their customers, they may find themselves out of business pretty quick! Trust me, I have no problem selling my bike and getting something else!

Old 05-14-2007, 09:31 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
Unfortunately, Bruce is telling it like it is.
Since they "Tanked" Redcat Motors in Jan., I believe that Tank will have a lot of ground to make up if they are to succeed in the business. They thought they were gaining a strong dealer base of over 500 Redcat dealers, but with the support they offer to date with us, they are loosing most of them a little every day. The current dealers can no more get questions answered from them than you have been able to get yourself, olds_cool. Not exactly the relationship that I had with Redcat Motors where the owner actually listened to the dealers and make changes for improvements and always answered questions.

Tank, actually Mike, has spoken about all the good things that they expect from their recent escapades, but I don't know how many dealers are going to stick around to see. I am like Bruce, there's no way I will sell a product if there is no support to go with it. Not good business sense at all! I honestly believe that Tank's owners are more interested in what the world market can produce more than worrying about the North American market as it is such a small piece of the pie. Dealers are kinda get the feeling that we are getting the left overs. Over four months have passed since the merger of the two companies and they are both worse off now than they were in Jan. as far as parts, support and units! Tank is already talking about dropping the MPX line of ATVs from Redcat, they cut their scooters out and looks like the bikes are going to dissappear. They were after the dealer base and the warehouse locations, all 5 of them, but nothing positive has developed from it all yet.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:54 PM   #7

Thanks, RPM...for some deeper insight on what's going on with Tank. Yeah, it's been a joke trying to get anything out of them.

I'll hang in for about another month or so to see what happens. If I don't hear anything good, I may be bike shopping by the end of June!

I guess we (customers and dealers) are all in the same boat. It's a shame, isn't it?

Old 05-14-2007, 01:49 PM   #8

The other alternative for dealers, owners, Redcat dealers-non-Tank dealers is to buy the Tank stock and demand action. I think its one of those "penny" stocks, so a few dollars worth will still make you a shareholder. However, don't buy so much that the value skyrockets, either, LOL. Then, if action is not taken, lawsuits, etc. should provide some action. Maybe Darren from Redcat, or the dealers network can take/buy Redcat back, and turn it into a coop or something. It seems a shame that Redcat is headed downhill; maybe not now, but soon, if Tank is any indicator of how they run things. Darren had a good hands on approach for their line-up, and Tank has a hands-off approach, hands off all aspects, including not answering the phone! Maybe they can merge with SunL and create a really worthless company!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-14-2007, 04:53 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
Culcune,
I understand your philosophy, but there's just one thing that gets in the way ... the two owners of Tank own 80% of the shares!

Tank you .... Tank you very much as the King use to say! 8O

I really hope that they can get this turned around soon, but a lot of us dealers are tired of waiting, the non-support and the lies from corporate and have steered towards other companies already. Quite a few of the bigger dealers, I might add. It's a real crying shame that Redcat will go down like that, no sense at all!

Old 05-14-2007, 10:08 PM   #10

[quote="RPM"]Culcune,
I understand your philosophy, but there's just one thing that gets in the way ... the two owners of Tank own 80% of the shares!

Tank you .... Tank you very much as the King use to say! 8O

quote]

That could pose a problem; but at least you (as a dealer) could carry other product and essentially put these two out of business, giving you the last laugh. But the loss of Redcat stops the laughter pretty quickly !

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #11

Too bad Redcat doesn't have it's own brand of cruisers/sportbikes! They seem to have it all over Tank!