Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2021, 04:29 PM   #1

Stripped down RX3 (RXR?)

So, I'm enjoying my RX3 and I plan to put a bunch of miles on it now that it's all fixed. I was lusting after the RX4 before I even got my hands on the RX3, and obviously I put off the RX4 purchase because I have a 3 now.

I do plan to eventually get the 4 though, and I was thinking when I do that the RX3 could be converted into the naked bike. Then I remembered the RXR... did anyone buy those? Or not?

Anyhow, I'm just curious has anyone got pics of a stripped down RX3? Is there any way to remove the big wings on either side of the tank and still have it look decent? Has anyone done that and gone a step further to de-beak the bike or even mount a different headlight?

Charles.

Old 05-14-2021, 01:01 PM   #2

As long as you know it well, you just installed a larger cylinder, the effect would be weak?

Old 05-14-2021, 06:37 PM   #3

I did not install a larger cylinder. I did try to though. I'm returning the big bore kit because the piston was incorrectly machined and contacted the crankshaft.

Charles.

Old 05-15-2021, 05:56 AM   #4

Are you going to replace the damaged kit with a new one or are you just going to give it a rest?

Old 05-15-2021, 11:59 AM   #5

I've already put the bike back to stock, and I'm returning the big bore kit. I'm just going to ride it stock. If someone finally cracks the EFI I may reconsider and get the 300cc kit (what I had was the 283cc kit), but I'm really not thinking I will unless that happens. It was worth going in there while I had to replace the head anyways... but I have something about taking apart a perfectly running bike. I'd rather ride it than wrench on it.

Charles.

Old 05-15-2021, 12:05 PM   #6

Glad to read everything worked out for you CC.....and that is just strange about your big bore kit.

Having owned two RX3's at the same time, Mrs. 2LZ blue one has always run perfectly. My white one didn't have the same low end as hers. Mine also did that annoying stall after a long coast coming up to a stop. Hers never has. I always said that if my white one ran like her blue one, I would have never bothered with the big bore kit.

Enjoy a long riding season.
BTW, what ever happened to your SSR????

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-15-2021, 01:39 PM   #7

Hi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
...Has anyone done that and gone a step further to de-beak the bike or even mount a different headlight?
Charles.
I just tried a car anti fog lamp - not working really, but enjoy :-)

and I think too much naked for Your needs:

best regards!

Old 05-15-2021, 02:13 PM   #8

I still have the SSR Buccaneer. It's got over 11,000 miles on it and still is running great. I just took it to the mountains last month. I just have several new bikes now and I'm splitting mileage between them all. Unfortunately the SSR is getting the short end of the stick right now.

The RX3 is faster and more comfortable, and has way better front suspension. The SSR's rear shock is better than the RX3's... but the forks bottom too easily on gravel roads and especially rock gardens. The RX3 makes short work of those. Plus there's space for luggage, groceries, or whatnot.

Technically I own three Chinese motorcycles right now. The 2017 SSR Buccaneer 250i, the 2017 CSC RX3, and my 2021 Benelli Leoncino BJ500.

Charles.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:32 AM   #9

hey

I have seen a stripped-down version. It's been a while since I've been on this forum, but I'm pretty sure I saw it here back in 2016 or 2017. Someone overseas had done it and it looked awesome. If you wanted to dig through the forum on a rainy day, you'll probably find the post.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!