Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2015, 10:35 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I think the Suzuki clone engines sold by Qingqi are based on the DR125.
Exactly right. My typo. That explains why I said the DR200 has been poked 'n' stroked out to 200.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-01-2015, 11:07 PM   #32

Quote:
I bought my Zong in the summer of 2008, so I will have owned it for seven years this summer. I ride it very often.
Very cool! I've seen some of your pics and it looks great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Exactly right. My typo. That explains why I said the DR200 has been poked 'n' stroked out to 200.
I see what you did there

Old 03-02-2015, 08:14 AM   #33

Welcome! Sportbike owners do not seem to join us as much as other kinds of bikes owners. My guess is, like you, they buy them oftentimes from other first time riders ( in some cases from those who didn't take care of them--not saying that detail is the case with you and your friend), are able to fix their problems (if there were issues) while learning to ride, and then move on to bigger and better things.

I hope you stick around for a while, because it would be nice to see how these bikes hold up (as compared to the enduros many of us have) over the long term.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-02-2015, 08:01 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Welcome! Sportbike owners do not seem to join us as much as other kinds of bikes owners. My guess is, like you, they buy them oftentimes from other first time riders ( in some cases from those who didn't take care of them--not saying that detail is the case with you and your friend), are able to fix their problems (if there were issues) while learning to ride, and then move on to bigger and better things.

I hope you stick around for a while, because it would be nice to see how these bikes hold up (as compared to the enduros many of us have) over the long term.
You're right, I've picked up on all those facts while looking for info on the bike I own.

I've also had to tinker with the carb on this bike due to it sitting for some time before I came to own it, but since the carb work it has been running really good.

I've also been told by all my biker friends that I will likely want more power and speed sooner or later, but we'll see. This is my first bike ever and I plan on keeping it for quite some time IF it runs and functions well.

So far so good!

Old 03-22-2015, 11:51 PM   #35

Finally had some nice weather today. Checked some of the nuts and bolts on the bike and took it down the street to a neighborhood bar. Randomly met a couple of older riders, one on a GXR and another on a Yamaha.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:53 AM   #36

How was the ride?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-25-2015, 12:01 AM   #37

Quote:
How was the ride?
Pretty good. I've checked over some of the nuts and bolts on my bike and everything seems to be good. I am missing one of the bolts that holds the gas tank in place... leading to a bit of a rattle at certain speeds. Will need to get that taken care of soon.

I've only put about 70 miles on the bike since the purchase, and still on the same tank of gas, so I'm still happy, still learning, still going.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:19 AM   #38

Get out there, and enjoy the bike for what it is. I hope it gives you many happy miles.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:12 AM   #39

Quote:
Get out there, and enjoy the bike for what it is. I hope it gives you many happy miles.
That is superb advice for any motorcycle.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-25-2015, 05:14 PM   #40

Quote:
Quote:
That is superb advice for any motorcycle.
Absolutely!

Old 04-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #41

hello

Lifelong rider new to site . I happened upon a 2008 tms200gy-5 last fall . I didn't know what I was getting in to ,just had get my face in the wind as it has been a while. So far I've put about 400 miles on it without any major problems. Broken throttle cable,loose bolts ,mainly motor mounts. I had the top back one welded but has broke again. Alot of vibration on this bike but a seemingly strong runner. The back brakes squeak sometimes when applied but the pads look good???. I also acquired a 2004 red cat gy200 that has no spark to use for parts for the TMs .i see now that they aren't quite the same but many parts seem identical . I would love to put the bike back in service but can't get spark . I see afew people here that obviously know their stuff so any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Old 04-03-2015, 06:03 PM   #42

Famous kill switch issue? You have to reset the kill switch I believe by pressing it in like a button.

/

Old 04-04-2015, 02:39 PM   #43

ok thanks ,I see now that if you look real hard many of my questions have been addressed,if I can figure out this computer,working on the bike will be a breeze.ill try to get my posts in the proper forums

Old 01-03-2016, 06:16 PM   #44

Took the bike out for the first time in months today. It needs a wash, but still runs and sounds good!

Old 01-04-2016, 01:44 AM   #45

Cool pics. That's a good looking bike.