Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2018, 09:18 PM   #196

E packet - the postal service I use explained

https://www.shopify.com/blog/epacket...acket-shipping

This might help folk to understand what can and can't with E packet - sizes and weights explained

Old 12-16-2018, 02:25 AM   #197

Speedo calibration plug in unit

Righto I did it
First time I failed due to power wire at the sensor only being 7.5v and the unit needs a 12v power supply.

I made it plug into factory loom - no cutting soldering needed.

You can reduce or increase the display speed from 25% of original input up to a multiplication of 400% so your RX3 can do 300MPH!

Remove the lid and you will see a 3 digit display and a small button next to it, press the button and that display shows the % of what it will feed to you speedo, easy enough to roll thru each digit by long pressing the button and short press will change the digit from 0 to 9 and back to 0.

My bike needed the output to be 82% of the original signal but different wheel sizes or tyres might need a little higher number which isn't hard to do.
It feeds power from cigarette charger plugs )I made a jumper cable directly plugs in) and the other 2 triangle shaped plugs are ready to go between the factory plug, sneak the unit up under the dash/on headlight. I had to remove the headlight to fit it and tested and adjusted it with my headlight off (No cops around here!)

E packet to the USA $50 inclusive of postage, other countries might be a few bucks more but you get the idea.

Pick shows a grey plug - this wont be on yours as it isn't needed but was easier for me to rectify my first attempt which was a mistake.
Simply unplug the cigarette charger cable and connect the unit plugs to that and same goes for the speedo sensor connection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Speedo calibration.jpg (76.8 KB, 491 views)

Old 12-17-2018, 02:09 AM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversprint View Post
I'll take those bags if they are still available. I am in BC, Canada.
Hi bud
Canada is the same price it seems as the USA - $70 2 bags and $18.50 shipping.

Email or PM and we will get this underway for you.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:35 AM   #199

Few more upgrades and accessories

Fancy a color coded front mudguard? RX3, RX3s and RX4 ( I am 99% sure they are all the same )

Name:  Front guard.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  65.0 KB

Some older bikes do not have the split rear cover for easier access to air filter

Name:  Split side panels.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  58.3 KB

Want to upgrade the dash area or add the USB and lighter socket? add in a voltmeter which also can connect to a oil pressure switch (no oil pressure switch included)
Regardless of the wiring you have you can add change or upgrade the set up and I can make it all plug and play from stock wiring assuming it isn't the REALLY early which has NO wiring plugs at all, still can supply the plugs so you can DIY

Name:  Dash USB.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  53.7 KB

Phone holder under mirror or bolt mount with USB etc E Packet $12.50 to the USA Canada - other places I need to check.

Name:  Phomne holder.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  61.5 KB

Old 12-26-2018, 11:37 AM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Hi bud
Canada is the same price it seems as the USA - $70 2 bags and $18.50 shipping.

Email or PM and we will get this underway for you.

I have sent payment.
Farkles: CSC Skid Plate, Seat Concepts Low Seat, Genssi LED, Center Stand, USB/Cig Pwr, GPS mount, Spotlights, Sintered Brake Pad, 13T / 45T, Shinko 804/805, Side Stand Pad, Tourfella Luggage, Heated Grips, Sheepskin Gel pad, Progressive 465 Shock

Old 12-26-2018, 07:28 PM   #201

Quote:
I have sent payment.
Thanks and I will get them posted away tomorrow

Old 12-27-2018, 03:04 PM   #202

NzB, thanks for all the effort you are putting into developing your store. It is wonderful to have a source of parts in China who actually speaks a form of American. I don't think customer service is considered a part of the economy by the Chinese, but much of the rest of the world believes customer service is a foundational part of a business good to buy from.

I know working around sexism and nationalism trying to come up with solutions is annoying, which is why most people won't do such things. It's the same in the U. S. of A., but maybe for different reasons. Once upon a time I was denied a business loan but the same loan for which I applied was offered to my wife, and she had absolutely NO knowledge of or experience with the business. Also, the local government wanted $175 business license application fee from me, a white male, along with a hearing to which I would of had to pay for legal representation, but would provide the same business license over the counter free for the asking to minorities, no hearing. All us white guys are not Vanderbilts, Kennedys, Bushes, Roosevelts, and such. We don't like them, either.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:55 PM   #203

Quote:
I have sent payment.
Arrived in just under 2 weeks - that is pretty good I think
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Canada.jpg (13.1 KB, 306 views)

Old 01-09-2019, 01:01 AM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Arrived in just under 2 weeks - that is pretty good I think
I think so too. I have ordered other stuff from China (through Amazon) that took over two months to arrive.
Farkles: CSC Skid Plate, Seat Concepts Low Seat, Genssi LED, Center Stand, USB/Cig Pwr, GPS mount, Spotlights, Sintered Brake Pad, 13T / 45T, Shinko 804/805, Side Stand Pad, Tourfella Luggage, Heated Grips, Sheepskin Gel pad, Progressive 465 Shock

Old 01-09-2019, 07:24 AM   #205

Quote:
I think so too. I have ordered other stuff from China (through Amazon) that took over two months to arrive.
I think you’ll find they don’t have the item and muck around getting the orders done
To be fair if I didn’t have the bags in stock you can add about 3-4 days to delivery time
I don’t stock much as I really don’t need to cause I can get it fairly quick anyways and often can get overnight or 2-3 days to my place then I check package and drop it off for shipping

Old 01-10-2019, 10:59 PM   #206

I cannot seem to work out how the shipping calculator on Ebay works, but contact me and use this link for the correct total price etc.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303025892941

Oil filters $15 free shipping a pair
https://www.ebay.com/itm/303025937414

Last edited by NzBrakelathes; 01-11-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Old 01-12-2019, 02:08 PM   #207

Nice to see your ebay links. Your positive business habits, you'll probably never have a problem on ebay. Fortunately, there does not seem to be many of the American spoiled rotten population riding RX3s and RX4s, so odds are none of your customers will lie to ebay about you.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:34 AM   #208

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F303028071070
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10B016FB-1F65-4482-AA73-A1EC23B2F56F.jpg (10.6 KB, 265 views)

Old 01-15-2019, 12:25 AM   #209

Everything ordered arrived in excellent condition.

The sidebox bags are heavier than I expected for the price, pretty cool with attached carry handles and shoulder straps. Much better material and workmanship than the "Paper? Plastic? Neither!" options from Walmart I have been using. I can simply flop the fluid containers over and set a bag on top, barely flexible enough to collapse neatly to make space.

Seat cover looks nice and appears to have adequate space below to allow a small sofa pillow to create a flat seating position which will be a major improvement in comfort. Just need a day warm enough to melt the ice to try it out.

Tiedown strap sets look strong, and all hardware functions easily. Nice.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:23 AM   #210

Yeah, those bags are impressively made. They are heavier than the ones on my K1200LT!