Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2015, 05:59 PM   #1

Taotao ata 125g, need help

the atv runs fine for a while then will not go forward, reverse has no problems. I've changed the oil and it ran fine again for a while. I've seen others with this issue on other sites but no real answer. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:34 AM   #2

Welcome!

Have you tried adjusting the automatic clutch? Can you show us a pic of the clutch cover?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-21-2015, 12:48 AM   #3

clutch

put the motor in forward gear... can you move the atv forward .... with the motor NOT RUNNING...??? if so you either are not in gear... or the clutch is shot... try to adjust like WELDGRINDS says.. you can check the oil for clutch lining material ... or tilt the atv on it left side... on a good slant.... remove the right side cover... that way you do not need to drain the oil.... and check out the clutch lining.. you will need a special tool to change this clutch .. you can buy them on EBAY... or a atv dealer might have one... you make one as well... check youtube on how to replace clutch on Chinese atv... maybe some one here can show you the tool...

Old 11-04-2015, 03:22 PM   #4

Lift the rear of the ATV off the ground and then see if it will turn the rear wheels. If so, the clutch is shot. Whygostock.com sell upgrade clutches as well as different sprockets which will take some of the load off of the clutches.