Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #76

not a problem i know how hard this is to do some thing being an importer of LEDs from china i still don't read Chinese nor can i speak it well enough to hold a conversation thank god for Google translator

Old 05-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by weldangrind View Post
that's really cool, corvairkid. Thanks for helping a fellow member.
x2!

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
You will probably get better prices, and have fewer headaches by ordering the parts from Taobao, using an agent such as TBTrends. http://www.tbtrends.com/
I'm guessing supd probably has ordered from taobao but how reliable is tbtrends? I hesitate using a third party company like that to buy merchandise from China. However with as helpful as zong america is ill likely be taking the plunge.

Corvairkid, thanks for finding replacement parts. Weld and Spud are right! I really appreicate it

BTW anyone who uses google chrome, it does a fantastic job converting from chineese to english. The link below seems to go to the zong shop if this helps anyone else. Just select your model on the left hand side.

http://shop57884342.taobao.com/

Old 05-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #79

Forum member Pliskin paved the way with the first order from TBTrends. I next placed an order with this Taobao agent. Since then, others have followed suit. Weldangrind has placed several orders with TBTrends. We have all had positive experiences with this Taobao agent.

Thanks for providing the link to the Zongshen group on Taobao! If you can order all your parts directly from Zongshen you might minimize the language problems. However, check to make sure the total cost of the parts, including shipping, is not more than the total cost at TBTrends.

If you decide to order parts from China, please do start a new thread on this subject and document your experience. I am especially interested to learn if you decided to order directly from the Zongshen group on Taobao.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #80

I've received two shipments from Taobao (via TBTrends), and the process has been very smooth. TBTrends has my trust.

The Google Chrome translator is ok, but not great. I was looking at seat covers, and they translate to foreskin. That kind of error could be most unfortunate.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #81

You just "circumcised" a saddle, didn't you, Weld?

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-21-2013, 06:14 AM   #82

Oral chinese don't follow ANY rules learned from school.
坐 sit + 包 sack/ bag (Also means cover, so there's that ) + 皮 skin

Cantonese & official written form prefers this:
http://www.nciku.com/search/zh/detail/%E5%9E%AB/1303258

Old 05-21-2013, 07:00 AM   #83

i'm 2 weeks in to an order on TB trends and so far its been slow to get a response via email but have been assured the items are on the way to the agent and will be sent off to the ISC talk about snail mail i think there was a vacation over there like spring break or something and thats part of my delay but i'm not vary patience with shipping stuff as it is i'm email spoiled and download raised

Old 05-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvairkid View Post
...i'm email spoiled and download raised
That hadn't occurred to me; very good point. Even though I've been using email, etc. for a number of years, there's still a certain novelty to it. Not so if you're raised with it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-08-2015, 06:58 PM   #85

Long time no post. Several years or something like that... better yet...

A long time ago in a forum far far away!

I'm finally getting back to this project that i started so long ago. I managed to crack the case today and figured i would post some pictures. Best I can tell no piston clip in either side.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:36 PM   #86

I had to read this thread from the beginning to recall what we spoke about. Funny that you haven't found the clip. Maybe take the time to use a small magnet over all of the surfaces inside the case, and see if the clip appears.

I made the pics a bit bigger for you.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:37 PM   #87

I'd look closely between the crank counterweights. It might be hiding in there.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:48 AM   #88

look what i found...

and here's about where i found it

Now hopefully moving on with the rebuild. This is as far as i have had something like this torn down, and i'm looking for some guidance at this point. Is there anything else i should be checking at this point? Is my next step to clean up and remove the old seal from both sides? If so with just a razor blade? Then just put everything back in and apply new seal to both sides and reseal? If so any recommendations on on a product for that? Saw somewhere something like yamabond maybe? Your thoughts and guidance are appreciated.

Thanks,
m0t0

Old 02-23-2015, 01:07 AM   #89

Glad you found the clip.

Which seals do you mean? The shifter and countershaft seals?

Old 02-25-2015, 01:35 AM   #90

Thanks for the reply weld. Let me apologize in advance just in case i sound like a noob. I should have clarified. I was actually asking about the two halves of the crankcase. Are there other seals i should be worried about before i slap the two halves back together?