Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2010, 12:33 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
...Spud has some friends in Canada we'd be happy to do it for him, however he'd have to bring up a fully registered Zong as a swap for the trouble.

I am sorry to report the supply of Zongshen 200GY-2 motorcycles is just about depleted in the United States of America. :( I don't know why Zongshen has decided to discontinue importation of these bikes into the United States. :roll:

The late, beloved Phil Hall reported the 200GY-2 bike was going to be replaced by the 150cc, Zongshen Fly motorcycle. :?

Spud
I think it had something to do with taking 3 years to sell the first batch of bikes. Maybe the made too many in the first batch? Too bad because I think its the best deal out there.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:31 PM   #32

Well, I dropped a bid in on an X35... Well see what happens
I don't have a clue what the X35's go for though, so I'm not sure if I'm in the ballpark. Some guy in Edmonton is selling them for $2250, good profit margin eh? http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ224402700

Old 08-24-2010, 06:44 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
I might bite the bullet and get one yet. Still trying to decide on which one though, leaning towards the X35 with the standard tire sizes but it's quite a bit more money than the X31 in the auctions. It also is not auctioned as often as the X31. I know Wayne has the X31, wonder how he likes it for height and would have he rather bought the X35?
The height is fine for me, and i have the 19"/16" X31, for reference my jeans are 34" and i'm on my toes when on the bike if i sit on it then my feet go flat, perfect for me but still feels a bit heavy, might take out the battery and starter this winter to lighten up the bike a bit, once tuned i see no problem to have it start with a kick or two, electric start is nice but if i can get it to start easy with a kick i see no need for the extra weight.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Quote:
I might bite the bullet and get one yet. Still trying to decide on which one though, leaning towards the X35 with the standard tire sizes but it's quite a bit more money than the X31 in the auctions. It also is not auctioned as often as the X31. I know Wayne has the X31, wonder how he likes it for height and would have he rather bought the X35?
The height is fine for me, and i have the 19"/16" X31, for reference my jeans are 34" and i'm on my toes when on the bike if i sit on it then my feet go flat, perfect for me but still feels a bit heavy, might take out the battery and starter this winter to lighten up the bike a bit, once tuned i see no problem to have it start with a kick or two, electric start is nice but if i can get it to start easy with a kick i see no need for the extra weight.

i dunno man, its have 2 ways to start the bike.. if the kick start lever breaks you screwed.. when i get a new motor for my quad its going to have a kick start but im going to take the lever off and bungie it to the frame somewhere.. just incase i go riding and the battery dies or the starter craps out..

i learned on time when my battery died, quads and dirtbikes are fun as hell. when they run that is.. when they dont they pita huge heavy paper weights that you have to push around..

Old 08-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #35

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks waynev, the 19"/16" would be fine for me as well then. I think the only major difference between the X31 and the X35 is mostly the wheels, maybe a different pipe and stuff, otherwise the changes look cosmetic. Pretty good reviews on both of them. I'll have to wait and see if I win one.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #36

You can also push start them. But like Waynev says, if he can easily kick start it, why not?

Old 08-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #37

wish i was in canada and bid on one of those, id deff buy one..

Old 08-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
Yep, GIO and canadian beer can't be beat,lol.

And yeah, my 125c GIO dirt bike started 1st kick everytime, so if i can get the 250cc to do the same then there is no reason for the extra weight of the electric start package.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:11 AM   #39

Quote:
Thanks waynev, the 19"/16" would be fine for me as well then. I think the only major difference between the X31 and the X35 is mostly the wheels, maybe a different pipe and stuff, otherwise the changes look cosmetic. Pretty good reviews on both of them. I'll have to wait and see if I win one.
Maybe you could pick up a set of the larger wheels for cheap if you were to change your mind. I upgraded my son's 125 pit bike to 17 / 14 wheels from 14 / 12, and the front suspension and the swingarm had the space.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-25-2010, 01:19 AM   #40

Quote:
Quote:
Yep, GIO and canadian beer can't be beat,lol.
Apparently that Gold medal we won says our hockey team ain't too bad either, EH?

Well said on the beer and Gio's. I'm making it a goal to kick the crap out of my Gio Beast a bit more through September-November before the snow hits.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:33 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Apparently that Gold medal we won says our hockey team ain't too bad either, EH?

Well said on the beer and Gio's. I'm making it a goal to kick the crap out of my Gio Beast a bit more through September-November before the snow hits.
And then after the snow hits.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-25-2010, 01:43 AM   #42

just remember to go out and atleast let it idle and warm up once or twice a week during the winter.. do a oil change to a thinner oil for winter time..

Old 08-25-2010, 02:11 AM   #43

Quote:
just remember to go out and atleast let it idle and warm up once or twice a week during the winter.. do a oil change to a thinner oil for winter time..
Haha.. us Crazy Canucks ride in the snow too!!

...thanks W&G for hosting the media. :P

Old 08-25-2010, 02:43 AM   #44

lol snow riding must be fun..

man you guys need slightly larger rear tires.. gives the quad awhole new feel, the stock rear tires just makes it seem small

Old 08-25-2010, 11:51 PM   #45

Well, lost out on my bid... Guess maybe I will just look at some 606's for my KLR and pump some iron... Lots of iron!