Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2020, 11:03 PM   #1

TT250 street tires & RX3 windshield installed

Hello,

I was busy this weekend with my TT250 commuter special. Got the Conti GO! tires installed and also an RX3 windshield adapted.

For the street, where I ride pretty much exclusively, the tires are MUCH superior to the stock dual-sport tires. Better handling, more confident turning, smoother. I love them. I got 90/90-21 front and 120/90-18 rear using the stock rims.

A while back I got the idea to try to use the RX3 windshield on the TT250. It is only $26, so I figured it was worth a shot. It worked out well. $5 of stainless steel hardware. I only used the lower two mounting holes and it seems sturdy (up to 55 mph) so far. If I need to I will add some aluminum bar vertically from the bottom hole to the upper one. Right now I just have plugs in the top holes.

I had to trim the outer edges just under 1/4" to keep the shield from vibration against my handguard mounts. This was really just touching on one side, but I did both to match. Slid a piece of clear tubing over the cut and secured with a zip tie in the mounting hole. Ended up a little less than 1/8" off the handguard mount...and if it does make contact the tubing will keep it from being annoying.

Peace on Ya,

Goob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rear conti-1.jpg (63.2 KB, 444 views)
File Type: jpg Windscreen-installed-1.jpg (96.2 KB, 444 views)
File Type: jpg Front Conti-2.jpg (76.4 KB, 424 views)
File Type: jpg Windscreen-installed-5.jpg (65.8 KB, 438 views)
File Type: jpg Windscreen-installed-4.jpg (46.5 KB, 410 views)

Old 01-27-2020, 07:22 AM   #2

Can you explain how you mounted the windshield?

Old 01-27-2020, 10:03 AM   #3

Mounting of windshield

I slipped the windscreen behind the existing black plastic fairing and got it lined up to where I wanted it. This is where I figured out I needed to trim the "wings" on either side to keep them from hitting my hand guard mounting bar. I clamped the shield and the fairing together (small c-clamps, one on either side), and brought in the 1/2" gap on either side (it might have been a bit less, the center portion from the V was flush until you got out toward the sides). Took a paint pen and marked my drill holes from the inside. Removed the headlight assembly and drilled the holes. I did really small pilot holes from the inside, and then the full size holes from the outside. Bolted the windshield to the fairing. Re-installed the fairing with windshield attached. Installed the clear p-tube on the cut wings. If I think I need more flex reinforcement, then I will put 1/8"D x 1"W x 4"(??)L bar aluminum vertically between the bolts that are thru the fairing and the ones directly above....on the inside (so they will barely be visible from the front).

Old 03-24-2020, 02:19 PM   #4

Update: rear ture rubs on muffler

Thanks to Emerikol and JerryHawk250 for pointing out that the shiny band on my rear tire is from the exhaust rubbing it.

I thought it was because it was still the un-touched part of the new tire...because I am not a person who leans way over on corners.

But NO.

I am putting a shim(s) in to move the muffler out.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 03-24-2020, 07:33 PM   #5

Does CSC not have the black version windshield? Think that looks very cool etc - I have it on my RX3
There is also a low version windshield for the RX3 - unsure if its what folk want it to achieve tho..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WeChat Image_2020032412300311.jpg (99.0 KB, 297 views)

Old 03-25-2020, 06:44 AM   #6

Dark RX3 screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Does CSC not have the black version windshield? Think that looks very cool etc - I have it on my RX3
There is also a low version windshield for the RX3 - unsure if its what folk want it to achieve tho..
They do. It is $50 vs. $26 for the clear.

https://store.cscmotorcycles.com/WIN...p/csc-1005.htm

Orion RXB 150XL