Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2020, 08:48 AM   #1

Use the suspension, it is designed for this use. Power level is irrelevant. You should learn to bounce down to compress the suspension first. Followed by power on, pull up, clutch pop, etc to get the front up. It should be effortless!

Additionally learning to compress the suspension will help you to apply extra gravity to your contact point, ie traction whenever you need it. Compression helps to plant your tire. While its short lived, the moment if timed right is all thats needed.

This is the secret sauce used by all the best riders, especially in mototrials. While we all use it without thinking to some degree, if you do think about it, emphasize it. The effect is much more pronounced.

Practicing it like anything burns it into muscle memory, you learn to use it in many ways. And it can save your bacon!

Now wheely’s are a fun way to practice, and safe enough if your not going big. Im 57 and ride a hawk with a 500cc swap. I do not ride wheelies other than to practice a skill, that I have become to rely on.

I bring it up, and put it right back down, practice it at a few speeds between 0 and 15 or so. I keep it safe, but really need that skill polished, to ride at my prefered level.