Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2017, 05:34 PM   #1

RX3 Clutch/Brake Lever Alternatives?

Probably a dumb question, but do we know about any clutch/brake lever alternatives to the stock ones? I dumped my bike doing some adventure riding in the Mojave Desert last month and I've got a lot of play in the clutch lever now. It kinda wobbles up and down freely now (Half inch or so). I want to replace them both with something a bit better than the stock ones, something adjustable maybe. Are just about all levers the same minus the length?

Thank you!

https://thegreasyspanner.wordpress.com

Old 03-28-2017, 11:34 PM   #2

Spanner, check and see if the bolt and nut that the lever pivots on has come loose. Mine has in the past and gives the lever a lot of wiggle. Also see if the lever perch is cracked from falling on it. Back in the day we would tighten the lever perch to the handle bars not so tight that they could pivot out of the way in a crash. but tight enough to stay put just prior too. rj

Old 03-29-2017, 11:15 AM   #3

I did these but you better have monster mitts. Every stubby lever I've seen are for the longer fingered person. I like em, they are shorter and adjustable but even at the closest setting, it's a reach for most.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 05-26-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I did these but you better have monster mitts. Every stubby lever I've seen are for the longer fingered person. I like em, they are shorter and adjustable but even at the closest setting, it's a reach for most.

Hey, which lever is that? Any info on sizing? My buddy has one on his new Versys 300 and I really liked it.

Thanks