Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2022, 11:16 AM   #1

Correction- KKE racing does not have the shock in stock in CA/North America. The shipping quote was $80. But $159 is an expected price for the adjustable shock itself. I think I will wait!

UPDATE:
I looked into alternatives. This KKE adjustable is actually a nice deal. Even with shipping. I may just order one.

UPDATE: OK, this is my 2022 and a 1/2 Templar X thread (please don't overload it with stuff you should put in YOUR thread).
I am NOT buying another shock. I Like the lowering I got with my existing shock. It works GREAT. Increasing the preload by 350-400lbs completely compensated for the lowering. It works great in the dirt, just doesn't have the extreme rear shock travel anymore. But I don't leap 25' jumps anyway

Last edited by Thumper; 01-05-2023 at 10:16 PM.

Old 01-05-2023, 10:08 PM   #2

Big easy idle adjustment screw

Here is another post in my 2022 and a half Temp X thread. This one is the installation of a big knurled knob idle adjuster.

I posted it elsewhere, and the threads and dimensions were accurate. It is post #5 in this thread:
https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=32024

OK, they cost under $3 so I bought a couple of them to keep as a spare. In fact, I bought an red one after that (maybe closer to matching my orange 5 speed)

Name:  Idleadjustscrews2.JPG
Views: 463
Size:  139.6 KB

Yup, the dimensions and threads were perfect. BUT, I reused the OEM spring which was lighter and wider. I also used a washer that came with the knob.
Oh, I had to start the bike and test it. TORTURE. It is 30 degrees out there. Sigh!

Name:  Idleadjust.JPG
Views: 461
Size:  179.8 KB

Last edited by Thumper; 01-06-2023 at 04:37 PM.