Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2020, 01:48 PM   #1

Crash Bars - anyone?

I'm sure this may have been covered by someone already but - can't manage to find the answer.

Does anyone have any crash bars?? Like the tubular outer skeleton 'cage' that goes around the sides of the engine?

Was wanting to get some but judging by the pictures and what I've been able to find - no idea if any of these would fit.. I have a skid plate, fit was for a YZ250F and bolted right on, perfect alignment - but I don't wanna drop like 200 bucks on a bar setup and it not fit lol

Old 12-15-2020, 07:07 PM   #2

It's funny you ask. I was researching (ok, dreaming) about riding the dirt roads in Nepal. There is a popular bike they import called Hartford, which is manufactured in Taiwan, but for all intents and purposes is pretty much the same bike (albeit much better quality--again, made in Taiwan) as the Chinese dual-sports. They have a model called the VR220 and in watching a few videos, the dealers have seemed to attach the crash bars. Now, the key would be to write to the vloggers reviewing the bikes in the comments sections; they could probably point you in some kind of direction, such as to the dealers they borrowed the bikes from. Not that you would order from a dealer in Nepal, but unless they manufacturer them locally (could be the case), they are probably ordering them from someone, somewhere. The problem I forsee is that not all dual-sports utilize the same frame design. At any rate, here are the two videos, and they might offer enough to visualize an idea to mount some on your bike?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-15-2020, 09:00 PM   #3

The universal 1:

Old 12-15-2020, 09:04 PM   #4

I suppose if you only or very predominantly ride on the street then this design crashbar in the Video examples might be okay but that is an absolutely horrible for offroad set up, especially if there are trees involved. That is just a huge obstruction looking for something to bash into, or get hung up on ,they look like the bars 800 pound street Harleys use , not something for woods riding. no offense intended by the way ,but there is no way in hell i would ride a bike in anything approaching serious offroad with that huge ass bar sticking out the side lol .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Last edited by RedCrowRides; 12-16-2020 at 08:11 AM.

Old 12-15-2020, 09:28 PM   #5

In the videos I have been watching on riding in out of town places in Nepal, it seems there aren't many trees to worry about. The roads themselves are the adventure, and these bars are more for simply laying the bike down on the rocky/dirt terrain aka 'road'.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-16-2020, 12:32 AM   #6

Case guards?

Here are some examples I have spotted on Argentine bikes. For the record, Nodak has few trees and lots of gravel roads, hills, and cow trails.

Old 12-16-2020, 12:59 AM   #7

Factory Argentine case guards

Factory guards from Argentina
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-12-12 Protector Derecho E Izquierdo De Motor Zanella Zr 250 Gta - 6 791,00 1.png
Views:	597
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	23657   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-12-12 Protector Derecho E Izquierdo De Motor Zanella Zr 250 Gta - 6 791,00(1) 1.png
Views:	599
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	23658   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-12-12 Protector Derecho E Izquierdo De Motor Zanella Zr 250 Gta - 6 791,00(2) 1.png
Views:	598
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	23659  

Old 12-16-2020, 08:13 AM   #8

Those argentine crash guards stick out far less and are much more "Rally" design and offroad friendly than the first type we were discussing, i can see those offroad.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 12-16-2020, 09:00 PM   #9

Hey, dakotakid.. do you have links for those bars?
They sure look like they would bolt right onto a Brozz with the exception of maybe where they mount to the passenger peg

Old 12-16-2020, 10:48 PM   #10

Holy crap - I've got some researching to do lol

Thanks everyone!

Old 12-16-2020, 11:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
I suppose if you only or very predominantly ride on the street then this design crashbar in the Video examples might be okay but that is an absolutely horrible for offroad set up, especially if there are trees involved. That is just a huge obstruction looking for something to bash into, or get hung up on ,they look like the bars 800 pound street Harleys use , not something for woods riding. no offense intended by the way ,but there is no way in hell i would ride a bike in anything approaching serious offroad with that huge ass bar sticking out the side lol .

Well, honestly looking for something a little more low-profile I suppose to say..

I was kind of referring to the Yamaha Tenerererererererererere or however it's spelled (Tenere)..

Kind of like this: https://touratech-usa.com/store/Cras...yABEgIy3fD_BwE

I'm on your side honestly about bars that stick out - just would like to protect a little if'n I go down. I like to hit the jeep trails here and there - lots of rocks and such.. My last crash was about 5 years ago, all of them took place off-roading so no road rash but plenty of crushed limbs! Skid plate was my first bolt on not but a few days after putting everything together. Probably will be getting an metal one later to replace the polymer one I got from Cycra. Those bikes in the pics and the hawks do look a lot a like - but mine is like the Orion RXB-250L...

Old 12-17-2020, 12:28 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plump Kibbles View Post
Well, honestly looking for something a little more low-profile I suppose to say..

I was kind of referring to the Yamaha Tenerererererererererere or however it's spelled (Tenere)..

Kind of like this: https://touratech-usa.com/store/Cras...yABEgIy3fD_BwE

I'm on your side honestly about bars that stick out - just would like to protect a little if'n I go down. I like to hit the jeep trails here and there - lots of rocks and such.. My last crash was about 5 years ago, all of them took place off-roading so no road rash but plenty of crushed limbs! Skid plate was my first bolt on not but a few days after putting everything together. Probably will be getting an metal one later to replace the polymer one I got from Cycra. Those bikes in the pics and the hawks do look a lot a like - but mine is like the Orion RXB-250L...

Tenere 660 engine bars on my XT660R...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 539217_1380520278893101_180074975_n.jpg (109.1 KB, 601 views)
77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 12-17-2020, 04:22 AM   #13

Source for the Argentine crash bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwowzer View Post
Hey, dakotakid.. do you have links for those bars?
They sure look like they would bolt right onto a Brozz with the exception of maybe where they mount to the passenger peg

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar...zr-250-gta-_JM

They say they are for the 250 GTA, but in the comments section, the seller says they will fit the regular 250 model.

The other versions I think were custom made. I have only found those on his IG page.

Old 12-27-2020, 12:04 AM   #14

Man, I wish I could figure out how to translate/purchase. Even getting them, and making necessary mods to fit would be a boon, could then explain step by step to other how to do it.

Old 12-27-2020, 12:40 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwowzer View Post
Man, I wish I could figure out how to translate/purchase. Even getting them, and making necessary mods to fit would be a boon, could then explain step by step to other how to do it.
There is no mod to be done, they are made to fit the "Hawk" "Brozz" "TT250" Chasis.
I will show in a picture the mounting points, you will find that you have the same in the brozz.
Name:  zanella_zr_250_edicion_fiambala_gta_1.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  159.5 KB

The problem is that exporting them would be expensive, it would be much cheaper just to copy them and made them at a local smith. It's just tubular steel