Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2016, 09:40 AM   #16

congrats on the bike and the build. what state are you going to try to register it in?

Old 04-13-2016, 09:50 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
congrats on the bike and the build. what state are you going to try to register it in?
Ohio, so far I haven't heard of their being any difficulties here.

Old 04-13-2016, 12:59 PM   #18

Congrats man, I love my Stormy Don't fill the tank right up, it seems to blow out the breather and as my friend "Eve" found out.. all over her tank bag! Not nice.
Yes, seat is bolted on toward the rear, so side panels off first. You will see it. I had spare bolts and am still missing one from my rack as it just didn't fit, but it's ok, even with a box on the back.
I have some video's on YT and here too for some simple tasks. The bike is easy to work on.

Lets see some pictures
1995 Harley Davidson Chopper build from ground up.
1983 Yamaha XJ900 REBUILT!
1971 Triumph Daytona 500 - Restored
1987 Yamaha FJ1200

Old 04-13-2016, 01:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dossbag View Post
Congrats man, I love my Stormy Don't fill the tank right up, it seems to blow out the breather and as my friend "Eve" found out.. all over her tank bag! Not nice.
Yes, seat is bolted on toward the rear, so side panels off first. You will see it. I had spare bolts and am still missing one from my rack as it just didn't fit, but it's ok, even with a box on the back.
I have some video's on YT and here too for some simple tasks. The bike is easy to work on.

Lets see some pictures
I finally figured out how to remove the seat but it certainly wasn't obvious. Thanks for the tip on the gas tank. I was able to mount the rear rack and place all of the bolts but it took me and by buddy wrangling it!

I'll post pictures soon.

Old 04-17-2016, 05:42 PM   #20

Updated pics

As promised, here are some pictures of the completed assembly. Yesterday my buddy and I assembled his Storm in about 4-5 hours. Once you get accustomed to the process the build is quite easy.

I must say again how pleased I am with the value of this bike. Looking forward to some trail riding.

I'm going to the title office Thursday to register the bike, fingers crossed...

https://goo.gl/photos/54vUdcyxuXctguGY8

Old 04-17-2016, 07:19 PM   #21

Thumbs Up

hey, that storm looks great! How much are those going for? are the forks and rear shock adjustable damping? do they come w the 19"/17" or the 21/18 or some other combo? thanks and grats, sharp looking bike
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 04-17-2016, 07:25 PM   #22

That bike is beautiful!!! I am waiting on mine to ship... Mines in red.... Cause they didn't have black....lol

Old 04-17-2016, 08:12 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
hey, that storm looks great! How much are those going for? are the forks and rear shock adjustable damping? do they come w the 19"/17" or the 21/18 or some other combo? thanks and grats, sharp looking bike
The Storm actually came with both wheel configs. The db08 wit 19/17 is more streetable and the db08r has 21/18 knobbies.

The dirt version doesn't seem to be sold in the USA any more. Superior had one over awhile back, but I wasn't ready to buy, then they kept shining me on about getting more in, but they never did, but got the db08.

Some sellers claimed they had or could get the db08r 250, but never did so I bought the 17/19 db08 version in black.

There does not seem to be any adjustments other than rear preload.

Here are the links from Roketa for both models of the db08

http://www.roketa.com/product/produc...=0&proID=59663

http://www.roketa.com/product/produc...=0&proID=59662

If they ever bring in more of the more dirt version, I may buy a second one. This Roketa site is a great site to check different models.
Be a Piggy!

Old 04-17-2016, 08:38 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dossbag View Post

Lets see some pictures
Mine was fine for the longest time, then one fill, gas all over the place. Something in the vent must stick. I haven't pulled it apart or even looked if there is a fix. Been paying attention to caps that may work.

Seems to have resolved to a degree, I just don't trust topping up any more.
Be a Piggy!

Old 04-17-2016, 08:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
We paid ~ $2,850 for two bikes including shipping. There was a $75 military discount.

Old 04-17-2016, 09:33 PM   #26

Storm timelapse

I posted a video on YouTube of a time lapse from this afternoon.

Old 04-17-2016, 09:39 PM   #27

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearthvader View Post
We paid ~ $2,850 for two bikes including shipping. There was a $75 military discount.
thanks for the info!
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 04-21-2016, 04:11 PM   #28

Good news!!

I was finally able to make it to the Ohio title agency today in order to title & register the Storm. I called ahead prior to leaving my house to make sure I didn't need some unexpected document. As it turns out, the manager of the facility asked me to bring proof of delivery along with the certificate of origin & bill of sale. All I had for proof of shipping was a tracking document printed from the web and she accepted it as proof. The clerk could hardly believe the bill of sale only listed $1,299 as the sale price; I said, "Why do you think I bought it!?"

Shortly after titling the Storm I walked to the office next door, registered it and received a license plate and now I'm legal!! This is certainly something to think about for those who are trying to decide between a Hawk and Storm.

On another note, I phoned my insurance agent today in order to add the Storm to my policy. Turns out my yearly premium will now be reduced as I'll receive a multi-unit discount thanks to already having a street bike registered through them. I only added the Storm as liability only.

Old 04-21-2016, 04:18 PM   #29

excellent ! good price too ($1300wow). i got a bashan blaze for $1200 but for only $100 more like i would have preferred the storm. i am happy with my purchase however. my insurance agent said a similar thing about the price, "do you mean $11097.00, no i said, $1197.00 hahaahhaaha.

great story, now the fun begins.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-21-2016, 04:21 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearthvader View Post
I was finally able to make it to the Ohio title agency today in order to title & register the Storm. I called ahead prior to leaving my house to make sure I didn't need some unexpected document. As it turns out, the manager of the facility asked me to bring proof of delivery along with the certificate of origin & bill of sale. All I had for proof of shipping was a tracking document printed from the web and she accepted it as proof. The clerk could hardly believe the bill of sale only listed $1,299 as the sale price; I said, "Why do you think I bought it!?"

Shortly after titling the Storm I walked to the office next door, registered it and received a license plate and now I'm legal!! This is certainly something to think about for those who are trying to decide between a Hawk and Storm.

On another note, I phoned my insurance agent today in order to add the Storm to my policy. Turns out my yearly premium will now be reduced as I'll receive a multi-unit discount thanks to already having a street bike registered through them. I only added the Storm as liability only.
Great news!...and for the millionth time, I sure wish these were legal here in CA. I'd love to have one. Great looking bikes! I like the balance shaft motor, sturdy rack and USD forks.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350