Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2017, 08:22 AM   #46

Having background as a manager, my question is why the heck Tim wasn't fired for cause long before this. these kind of guys are a negative in a team environment.

but glad you got a ride in!

Old 03-17-2017, 08:39 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
Having background as a manager, my question is why the heck Tim wasn't fired for cause long before this. these kind of guys are a negative in a team environment.

I think that's called a union ?

Old 03-17-2017, 08:40 AM   #48

Agreed. However, as a supervisor with no hire, fire, or disciplinary powers, my hands were tied. I'd made my bosses aware of the problems, but they felt it was mine to deal with. Did the best I could with what I had to work with.

When he'd split with the nutjob and was taking his meds, he was an exemplary employee. When they got back together, well, JHC.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 03-17-2017, 12:23 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post

When going down cheesy's checklist of infractions on the guy and his personality and attitude issues, one word came to mind. "Tweeker". I had a real problem with them for a while. Finally got the shop all cleaned out.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-23-2017, 09:47 PM   #50

Here's the latest installment.

An email was sent out to everyone from the former GM/new CEO that the Texas/Mexico Sales Rep is now the new Sales Manager for the US and Mexico. I was kinda sorta expecting he'd get the nod; a good guy. He actually worked on track for several years before he started working for us, so he knows what field guys go through.

I called him soon after getting the message to congratulate him and to ask, if he saw the promotion coming, why didn't he duck? He's been there just as long as I have, I think I started two months before he did. He will be staying in Dallas and working from there.

I also told him that I reserve the right to remind him who has bailed his ass out several times if he decides to get too managerial.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 03-25-2017, 11:05 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
A small town near Charleston, SC. They found a 47,000 sq ft facility and got a lot of incentives from the state to set up shop there. I understand that sites in IL, TX, and AZ were also considered. SC came up with the best package. I guess IL wasn't even interested in talking to us and we've been here almost fifty years.
There's a great group of guys down there to ride with. I'm straight up I-26 from Charleston, in northern Spartanburg.

Here's a link. In this link is a list of links that may be of riding interest.

http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...-links.748408/

Old 03-25-2017, 01:58 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
There's a great group of guys down there to ride with. I'm straight up I-26 from Charleston, in northern Spartanburg.

Here's a link. In this link is a list of links that may be of riding interest.

http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...-links.748408/
Thanks for the link. I'll have to see if I can find something to rent so I can explore the area when I visit.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 03-26-2017, 04:54 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Thanks for the link. I'll have to see if I can find something to rent so I can explore the area when I visit.
You're welcome.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:07 PM   #54

For Sale sign went up on the building yesterday. They're asking $1.8 mil for the dump. With all the other vacant properties around here, it's going to take awhile.

Jason listed his house last Monday and it sold two days later, so he's committed. He's a good psychological study. Wild mood swings. One minute all excited about the future, next minute whining about all the changes.

Gotta tell ya,though, the place is like a morgue. I hope I spend more time on the road in the near future, but as of today, I am on vacation until the 24th.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 05-08-2017, 01:54 PM   #55

Well, it's been almost two months since the SHTF and I've come to the conclusion that management hasn't a clue on how to handle the upcoming move. Apparently, they've hired a plant manager for the place in SC and that's it. Nothing about disposition of assets in this building or how things are to be set up in the new place. My boss is pretty pissed about the whole thing, but he hates change anyway. I'm thinking early retirement for him, with me not too far behind.

In other news, it looks like the building may have already sold. Surprised the crap outta me. Been a lot of suits here with tape measures and tablets.

And the CFO that was let go back in March, yeah, he apparently was seriously lacking in ethics. Big time. Jail time coming by the sound of things. We've always harbored some suspicions about how he did things but had a hard time pinning things down. The last two sales guys hired were both CPAs who starting questioning him how he did things and kept getting the runaround. That was enough of a red flag for one of the guys and he went directly to the Chairman of the Board with what he had. So far, we've found collusion with auditors to hide misuse of funds, accepting gifts from vendors(which is a big NO NO for us peons), and accepting kickbacks from banks. He did one thing that has totally pissed off both the Sales and Service staffs. When he set up the company AMEX account years ago, he had it set up in his name so that all reward points went to him. Points that guys like me earned in our travels. He took 2.1M points with him, valued at $21000.00. His reasoning was the 'He earned the points'. Not us. He covered his tracks pretty well by removing pages of monthly reports on who spent what to earn those points, except he missed one month of pages back in 2010 and that's what nailed him.

The company has asked for the points back and he more or less gave us a big FU. At which point, the company lawyers told him "Fine. The account was in your name. You will be held responsible for all invoices incurred from the time of your dismissal until the time the account was canceled." Choke on that, you prick.

Always wondered how he took so many cruises every year.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 05-08-2017, 03:20 PM   #56

Wow! I had similar suspicions at work when we started an AMEX account about 28 years ago. I figured that someone was capturing the points for themselves, which is precisely why I never used the company card. Fast-forward to today, and we're now required to use our new company MasterCard. I suspect that somebody is getting points from those as well. No more points for me.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-08-2017, 06:51 PM   #57

That's pretty $h!tty of him.

I worked for a man that would evade taxes and wouldn't turn it in for the business or employees. It was cheaper for him to settle and pay after the fact than do his taxes as required. The thing is, at the end of the year, us employees, never receive the proper paperwork to get our taxes done. I got wise and started to keep copies of my check stubs and getting my taxes done that way. I think I may be the reason at least one of the five restaurants he owned was shut down. I was filing taxes without W2's. being young and dumb, I worked for him and managed the chain for a while. I started at age 15 and finally walked away at age 22. I learned a lot. Mainly that I never want to own or operate a restaurant.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:51 PM   #58

Nobody even suspected we were earning the points he was hiding. Those of us that travel get to keep all of our earned airline and hotel points for personal use. The thought behind that is that we were away from home and went above and beyond our paid hours(We're salary), so it's how we're comped.

I guess he felt slighted, as a company officer, that he didn't have that perk.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 05-08-2017, 10:54 PM   #59

So this is probably why (corruption from top) the decision was to shut the whole section of the company down, right? Or was it not profitable (but of course with a crook, how could any body know).

It always comes clear in the end doesn't it.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-08-2017, 11:12 PM   #60

My father used to fly for his company all over the world. They DID allow him to keep his miles, and it was cool for him--he flew business class and would get upgrades because he had nearly two million miles back then. The catch-22 was the upgrades to first would allow him to get triple miles, so one round-trip to Australia was almost a round trip for one of us (kids) to go to Europe and whatnot. After he retired, he used his miles for a few years, but then the airlines started sucking them up and he flew as much as he could and now, alas--he has none. It was fun while it lasted.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard