Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2016, 05:33 PM   #61

[QUOTE=SpudRider;208326]Free is the best price.

Yes, the Tridon EP28 should work well. The '+' terminal connects to a power wire coming from your ignition switch, or the battery. The '-' terminal connects to the frame for a ground. The 'L' terminal connects to the grey wire leading to your turn signal switch.

After connecting the flasher in the above manner, you turn signals should blink properly.

Spud,

Is any of the Orange or Light Blue wires connected to this flasher at all or it should operate through the switch its self.

I'm not to sure why its not working when I set it up like you said.. hmm

Old 03-21-2016, 08:16 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Yes, connect the blue/white wire to the red Baja wire which feeds the front/rear lights, and is powered by the battery. It is excellent that this wire also has a fuse.

You can feed the red Baja wire to your on/off switch, then connect the on/off switch to the blue/white wire going to your new, headlight switch.

Yes, disassemble the switch and determine which wires connect to the horn.

It is well you have the grey wire connected to the ignition switch. Now you need to insert the flasher relay between the ignition switch, and the grey wire leading to your turn signal switch, as shown below.

SPUD........................................

In the diagram I am doing what you said. My Grey wire from the New Switch was attached to the Black Wire from the ignition switch for Power. So I disconnected that and connect the grey wire to the to the L on the Flasher 28, then I Connected a wire from the + on Flasher to the Black Wire on the Ignition Switch, and the - on the Flasher is connecting the green wire that connects the Blinker circuit Green Wires.

This will give me no POWER to my blinker lights.

if I connect the Grey Wire back to the Black Wire on my Ignition switch, I will get Lights ON but no Blinking.

I even tried to connect all 3, Grey, + Flasher, L to the Black Wire on the Ignition Switch, I hear a 1 Click when I touch the wire then it stays ON but no blinking.

Any ideas...

Old 03-21-2016, 08:27 PM   #63

[QUOTE=Diggy;208346]
Quote:
Free is the best price.

Yes, the Tridon EP28 should work well. The '+' terminal connects to a power wire coming from your ignition switch, or the battery. The '-' terminal connects to the frame for a ground. The 'L' terminal connects to the grey wire leading to your turn signal switch.

After connecting the flasher in the above manner, you turn signals should blink properly.

Spud,

Is any of the Orange or Light Blue wires connected to this flasher at all or it should operate through the switch its self.

I'm not to sure why its not working when I set it up like you said.. hmm
The orange wire provides power to the left side blinkers, and the light blue wire sends power to the right side blinkers. Only the grey wire is connected to the flasher.

Perhaps your 'free' flasher is bad.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-21-2016, 08:30 PM   #64

[QUOTE=SpudRider;208364]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy View Post

The orange wire provides power to the left side blinkers, and the light blue wire sends power to the right side blinkers. Only the grey wire is connected to the flasher.

Perhaps your 'free' flasher is bad.
When you say Provides/sends samething right?

Whatever I did with the left side I did the samething with the right when it comes to the Light Blue and Orange Wires.

Is there away to do a test with my flasher to see if its faulty.

Old 03-21-2016, 08:30 PM   #65

Quote:
SPUD........................................

In the diagram I am doing what you said. My Grey wire from the New Switch was attached to the Black Wire from the ignition switch for Power. So I disconnected that and connect the grey wire to the to the L on the Flasher 28, then I Connected a wire from the + on Flasher to the Black Wire on the Ignition Switch, and the - on the Flasher is connecting the green wire that connects the Blinker circuit Green Wires.

This will give me no POWER to my blinker lights.

if I connect the Grey Wire back to the Black Wire on my Ignition switch, I will get Lights ON but no Blinking.

I even tried to connect all 3, Grey, + Flasher, L to the Black Wire on the Ignition Switch, I hear a 1 Click when I touch the wire then it stays ON but no blinking.

Any ideas...
The '-' connector on the flasher must connect to a frame ground. The 'B' connector must connect to the black wire coming from your ignition switch. The 'L' connector must connect to the grey wire leading to your turn signal switch. If you wired the flasher properly, and the blinkers will not work, your 'free' flasher must be bad.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-21-2016, 08:31 PM   #66

[QUOTE=Diggy;208366]
Quote:

When you say Provides/sends samething right?

Whatever I did with the left side I did the samething with the right when it comes to the Light Blue and Orange Wires.

Is there away to do a test with my flasher to see if its faulty.
The flasher was free but it was brandnew out of the box. but you never know...

hmmm is there anything else u can think of what I can do to test this..

Old 03-21-2016, 08:44 PM   #67

[QUOTE=Diggy;208368]
Quote:

The flasher was free but it was brandnew out of the box. but you never know...

hmmm is there anything else u can think of what I can do to test this..
Wire the '-' connector of the flasher directly to the frame. Also, connect all of your turn signals directly to a frame ground.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-21-2016, 10:17 PM   #68

Spud:)

[QUOTE=SpudRider;208369]
Quote:

Wire the '-' connector of the flasher directly to the frame. Also, connect all of your turn signals directly to a frame ground.
Okay did some test.

The wiring the way the diagram shows does not work.
I wired everything to the frame.

I found this info out...

It was the grey attached with the I believe the L wire. These two wires were stuck in the Harness that the light switch is on, the Blue wire. Then I believe I stuck the + Wire on the Black wire that the Ignition switch is on. This made my HEADLIGHT I believe High Beams go BLINK BLINK BLINK. So it works. I did a Multemeter test on the + and the L and I get 12+VOLTS on the + and I believe I get either 4-5 Volts on the L.

Could this solve anything Spud? You think since I have other things wired to the Black Wire maybe I'm not getting enough Juice. I have no idea, but my next thing is to pick up that 35 Buck LED Flasher the Motor Shop Ordered a lot in.

I even tried adding a Wire Straight from the battery attached to the Red Wire Harness the Lights are on to the + Flasher to give me power to the L etc to operate the switch to make it go BLINK but Nothing happens.... I believe I only get the lights lite up solid..

hmmmm

Old 03-21-2016, 11:25 PM   #69

You merely inserted the flasher between the black wire coming from the ignition, and the grey wire leading to the turn signal switch, correct? If your blinkers illuminated before you inserted the flasher, either the flasher is bad, or you made poor electrical connections. Did you solder the connections to the flasher? Please post a photograph of the flasher, and its electrical connections.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-22-2016, 11:51 AM   #70

Working!!!!!

Quote:
You merely inserted the flasher between the black wire coming from the ignition, and the grey wire leading to the turn signal switch, correct? If your blinkers illuminated before you inserted the flasher, either the flasher is bad, or you made poor electrical connections. Did you solder the connections to the flasher? Please post a photograph of the flasher, and its electrical connections.
Ok went out and got a new Flasher 28, hooked it up the way you said SPud and boom I'm getting blinkage! Thanks Spud, now onto the Horn.. I don't think I'm getting power to the horn switch, weird.. Any other test I can do to solve the horn.

Right now I have the White/Blue wire connected to the Blue Wire from the Baja Harness. I have the Dark Blue and the White connected to the OLD SWITCH, High and Low beam wires on there.

I have the Green Wire connected to the other green ground wire ground. The Light Green is connected inside the NEW SWITCH to the Connector on the Horn/ Same with the Ground is on the Connector...

I'm going to Disassemble the Switch and check to see where the wires go for the Horn button..

Old 03-22-2016, 02:36 PM   #71

If you will positively identify the wires connected to the horn, we will have it working in short order.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-22-2016, 11:06 PM   #72

Wire Identification (Horn)

Quote:
If you will positively identify the wires connected to the horn, we will have it working in short order.
Hi Spud,

The final wiring!!!

Okay I checked out the horn. Opened upthe switch and looked inside.
The wire I see for the HORN button is LIGHT GREEN, single wire going to the button. I follow that down and it goes to a connector. There is also a green wire with the same PLASTIC PROTECTOR as the LIGHT GREEN wire. The green wire is not in the SWITCH at all, and I wired that green wire to the front ground wire, not on the frame with the BLINKER ground wires. So really, there is NO power at all going to the horn, haha. Where do I do this and what is the proper wiring method to make my horn work. Id rather wire it to the Ignition switch or the light switch ON or OFF.

Spud can you tell me exactly what wires to hit up?

Thanks a lot for all the help, you are awesome!

Old 03-23-2016, 12:29 AM   #73

There must be two wires leading to the horn button. One wire supplies power to the horn switch, and the other wire transfers this power to the horn when the horn button is depressed.

Try this experiment. Connect the light green wire to the positive terminal of a power source, which can be a motorcycle battery, or even a 9V dry cell. Connect the dark green wire to one of the spade connectors on the horn. Finally, connect the other spade connector of the horn to the negative terminal of the power source. Then press the horn button, and see if it the horn works.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-23-2016, 08:49 AM   #74

Horn

Quote:
There must be two wires leading to the horn button. One wire supplies power to the horn switch, and the other wire transfers this power to the horn when the horn button is depressed.

Try this experiment. Connect the light green wire to the positive terminal of a power source, which can be a motorcycle battery, or even a 9V dry cell. Connect the dark green wire to one of the spade connectors on the horn. Finally, connect the other spade connector of the horn to the negative terminal of the power source. Then press the horn button, and see if it the horn works.
I triple checked, and the only wire that is attached to the HORN BUTTON is the light green one. The other 3 wires connect the Blinker Switch.

I can connect the light green wire to the Ignition Switch Black Wire, so when I turn my bike on the HORN will be in action. Then your saying leave the Dark Green wire that is already connected to GROUND. Then I will have to cut another wire and run this wire from a Negative Terminal?? Where do I find this, is this the BLACK wire that connects to the battery? or can I hit up somewhere in the front area of the bike?

Then when I find the right spot, Negative Terminal Ill connect that to the other end of the Horn Spade connector.

Is this right Spud?

Old 03-23-2016, 08:53 AM   #75

There absolutely must be two wires connected to the horn button. I want you to perform the simple test wiring first. After we confirm the correct wires for the horn, we can then discuss the final wiring configuration.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220