Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2024, 06:25 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratbagger View Post
Cool, so you just sent it in to the address listed on the American Lifan site and they sent it back? I should probably ask them before doing that, haha.

American Lifan Inc
9272 Hyssop Dr, Rancho
Cucamonga, CA 91730

Based on this video it will probably help:

Mine tends to idle around 1200-1400. The manual states 1400. The video shows the remapped bike doing what appears to be more like 1800. Mine does run better than the stock bike in the video though.

I would just try and up the idle RPM since I'm pretty sure that alone would keep it from conking out but there's still the issue of the popping. Doesn't happen that often but every now and then I get a pop in my exhaust note. Sounds like what I've heard from guys putting a slip-on on their bike. I get the sense these bikes are running lean and this is also making the idle a bit weak. This does seem a bit different for my bike though maybe than other people's since I never have issues with it stalling when I give it gas. It's only when idling or when RPMs suddenly drop when riding. Probably it's just a bit different for everyone but basically same thing.

I guess now I have to decide if I can stand to not ride it for a week. Thanks for the info and also the valve adjustment video JerryHawk. I need to do that too!
That's me in the video.. it definitely idles above 1400 now :P. Winter is a great time to send it in!

Old 01-04-2024, 07:44 PM   #2

Mine idles fast, just very briefly on a cold start, and then it tries to idle at around 1400 rpm. It doesn't have a perfectly consistent idle, even after re mapping, but like I say it tries to keep it at about 1400 , which is 2 bars over 1,000 on the tach. After idling for a while at a long light, it may try to idle down,and then the computer ( or something)catches it, immediately ,and smooths it back . If I just rev it a little every once in a while at a long light, it's fine.