Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > News, Support, & Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
View Poll Results: How does a China Riders convention sound to you?
Awesome! 35 76.09%
No Way! 1 2.17%
Sound great, but I won't be there. 10 21.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2008, 12:58 AM   #16

Send a message via AIM to Mavrick
Maybe if we just plan it far enough into the future, we won't have to worry about working or having money. Make sure way before the time comes that you will be able to have the day off, and put back just a little bit of cash each paycheck until the day comes. As for the location, how about we just make it smack dab in the middle of the United States, so it's pretty much fair for everyone? Eh?

The little conventions in different areas would be nice, but one big convention for everyone would be even better.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:03 PM   #17

I just dont see anything like this happening anytime soon since it seems we are few and far between.
Oh sure a few guys/gals here and there could have some get togethers but I doubt we'll see any really big gatherings of chinabike riders that number in the hundreds which is what I'd like to attend.

Northern lower michigan in the fall can be very enjoyable to ride thru as I'm sure many other places are.

We could zip over to canada easily but I dont want to go thru the border crossing hassles.From our house we can be in canada in an hour.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #18

Remember, we are all China Riders. We are too cheap to travel and meet for a group ride!
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 05-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #19

I would meet up with fellow texans in the hill Country (Austin/Temple Area)...I bet there a lot of neat places to ride out there...back roads, dirt, gravel, etc...People could meet from Dallas, San Antonio to Houston...it's a good central place for Texas.

Here's a ride out of Austin..
http://www.texasadventure.net/RideRe...0Hamstring.htm

Old 05-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhyak
Remember, we are all China Riders. We are too cheap to travel and meet for a group ride!

oh that was cold but well worth the hit

Old 05-30-2008, 05:42 AM   #21

Hmmm I must not be as cheap as my name implies.

Maybe we could all get together for a live video internet convention

Anyway it doesnt matter, we drive up north as much as we can to ride the trails and we see a lot of other riders and talk to a few here and there, its a lot of fun.

I would still like to get together in a game of online motoX which would also allow chat like a chat room with the bonus of being able to race around and do stunts.
(I'd be king of the hill top dog numero uno ---yes thats a challenge-LETS GO)
I installed my old copy of microsofts motorcross madness 2 and it is a blast.
I havnt figured out how to install the extra user made stuff like maps and vehicles yet though.
But this would be best in the winter and late night, bad weather times anyway.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:24 AM   #22

i say lets not give up on the idea of putting a chinarider get to gether in motion,

it can be done even with just afew interested bodies,

like mav said plan far ahead for this.

in the mean time start doing short get togethers with the neighboring riders say in a tristate shindig of a thing, then watch it explode .
soon you guy's will be flying your bikes to china for the big finally, that would give me a chance to meet someone i know there, :roll: :roll:

Old 05-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #23

I can plan ahead all I want but if there are no people responding to the area I'm willing to travel to then its a dead idea.
Although we have seriously talked about going to the east coast at some time.(with our bikes in tow)

Out of the almost 1200 members on this site how many are AWOL?
If you look around you have the same people posting and the new guys posting asking questions and most of the other members dont bother.
I would like to know just how many different members use this site on a weekly basis.I know it gets used a lot but its mostly the same people.

If frostbite could ask/email all the members if they would be interested in a china-bike convention/get together/fun ride/swap meet and to reply what area and when it would be good then it might happen.
If frostbite sent an ALL MEMBERS email I'm sure it could happen in a few places around canada and the states but it seems like most members are inactive.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:21 PM   #24

Wouldn't it be cool if we had like a Sturgis for China riders.
Instead of riding around the black hills,we could ride in them...

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 05-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #25

Remember the talk of a "chat room" a few months ago. Here it is again (I will leave it up since it doesn't cost me anything extra) so if anyone ever wants to use it.

http://www.network54.com/Chat/129588
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 05-30-2008, 05:41 PM   #26

Thanks for the chat room.
I myself hate just sitting and chatting like that but I play a game, battlefield 1942 and you can chat and play, well its not so much chat as taunting but it is still fun.

I'd prefer to chat and play a MX or atv game online and if I can find my MX Vs atv unleashed I'll start playing around with that.

About the only way I see for a sizable gathering of china riders (and YES it would be cool) is if someone contacts all the members and lets them know what is planned and then plan it for the most conveinant time for the most people.

A forth of july or labor day weekend might work for a lot of people.(us included)

We would travel all around the great lakes area to go to one as long as there are going to be lots of chinariders there.

I would love to get an up close look at mods others have done.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:10 PM   #27

I'm In, with my new shop plans I could close for a weekend later this year and meet with some of ya... but yes it depends where and how far away.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 05-30-2008, 08:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcycles
I'm In, with my new shop plans I could close for a weekend later this year and meet with some of ya... but yes it depends where and how far away.
Perhaps we can all meet at your shop :wink: You can feed us, too
Actually, our old next door neighbor used to be the head Harley mechanic at the local dealer, and when the owner retired, let him take over the whole operation! They always have open houses, which coincide with one of the runs they do around here. The guy does gangbusters in business on those weekends; however, I don't know how many of us can get to a place, let alone buy stuff! But it could be something for you to kind of look into; at least those members within several hundreds of miles could make it there, and you wouldn't have to close.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:18 PM   #29

Everyone can stay at my house and we can ride to the PREIMIER Walleye fishing lake in the world ...Tobin Lake Sask. Canada
20 lb pickerel anyone?

How about average fish from4-8 lbs...all day long, probably catch some fish in the teens...
Keep the odd 2 pounders for eatin'.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 05-30-2008, 10:16 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior91
Everyone can stay at my house and we can ride to the PREIMIER Walleye fishing lake in the world ...Tobin Lake Sask. Canada
20 lb pickerel anyone?

How about average fish from4-8 lbs...all day long, probably catch some fish in the teens...
Keep the odd 2 pounders for eatin'.
alright, walleye ,
and i can probly go to loncin.ca manufacturer there and pickup my prepaid order that i have been waiting for , for about 12 days now for them to ship them, sorry i started a self pitty party there.