Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2024, 06:53 PM   #1

Track Stand Spools for China Bike?

I notice that several Chinese motorcycles have what appears to be a cast or forged aluminum swing arm. One that I can think of off-hand is the Venom X22R. There is not a fitting or drilled and tapped hole for track stand spools from the factory.

At the rear end of the swing arm, of course, is the final drive chain adjustment, which appears to consist of a cavity milled into the casting into which the axle carrier rides.

My question is how far does that cavity extend forward from the end of the swing arm? Is the remainder of the swing arm body solid, or is it hollow? Would it be feasible to drill and tap a hole in each side to install a pair of track stand spools?

Old 04-19-2024, 07:47 PM   #2

You can drill holes and install spools if you want to, but you can just use a level lift that has laterally adjustable cuffs that work great.

https://www.chinariders.net/showpost...98&postcount=7

I bought mine at Herbie fright before they discontinued. But Jack boss lift has cuff adapters, and Vevor has one for under $50 too.

No reason to drill unless you are really determined. The cuffs work great, and they are adjustable.